Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta encounter an unknown Saiyan who goes berserk and has a scar on his cheek
>DBS BR: Goku and Vegeta encounter an unknown Saiyan who goes berserk and has a scar on his cheek

>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta go all to face this opponent and a golden lizard also takes part
>DBS BR: Goku and Vegeta go all to face this opponent and a golden lizard also takes part

>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta fuse but it fails and Goku has to use UI to finish the job

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:31 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta encounter an unknown Saiyan who goes berserk and has a scar on his cheek
>DBS BR: Goku and Vegeta encounter an unknown Saiyan who goes berserk and has a scar on his cheek

>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta go all to face this opponent and a golden lizard also takes part
>DBS BR: Goku and Vegeta go all to face this opponent and a golden lizard also takes part

>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta fuse but it fails and Goku has to use UI to finish the job
UI will NOT be in the movie, mark my words
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:43 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:UI will NOT be in the movie, mark my words
How do you figure? :lol:
Last edited by Miracles on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:>Heroes: Goku and Vegeta encounter an unknown Saiyan who goes berserk and has a scar on his cheek

what got you all of sudden confidence in that?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:48 pm

vashter wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Oh, wait, let me refraise that.

I’m sure UI Goku will def not be in the movie. I’ve been confident in this though for a while. Its kinda hard for me to explain it all but if you really want to know why, ask Baggie Saiyan.

Maybe Baggie will see this post and help me out. BAGGIE SAIYAN!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm

vashter wrote:what got you all of sudden confidence in that?
It's being based on "Ui won't have toys with the movie so its confirmed it won't appear"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:17 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
vashter wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: UI will NOT be in the movie, mark my words

Oh, wait, let me refraise that.

I’m sure UI Goku will def not be in the movie. I’ve been confident in this though for a while. Its kinda hard for me to explain it all but if you really want to know why, ask Baggie Saiyan.

Maybe Baggie will see this post and help me out. BAGGIE SAIYAN!
Well Bandai's December Shikishi Art made a distinction that the UI Goku was from other DBS not the movie. Pretty much there that's the nail in the coffin for UI appearing in the movie.

Plus UI Goku isn't new, they don't get anything hiding it this late. They can afford to wait on Gogeta but not UI Goku, especially given the forms success this year. All the marketing for Goku has been for SSGSS like overwhelmingly so, almost like they're overcompensating for the fact UI Goku isn't in the film... Movie merch drops off after Jan and no indication of UI Goku. Banpresto hate SSG Goku and the fact they're making a figure of it again shows UI Goku likely isn't in the film.

I'd be very very very very surprised if Goku used UI to fight Broly.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:37 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
It's being based on "Ui won't have toys with the movie so its confirmed it won't appear"
Basically. And wouldn’t make sense that they would have merch for Gogeta (who would be a bigger surprise than UI Goku) in the film and not UI Goku if UI Goku were also in the film

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:23 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
They usually suck pretty bad at hiding things like that, so it seems very unlikely that UI will appear.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Bandai goofed and accidentally revealed Ultra Instinct Goku early in a Super Dragon Ball Heroes commercial. They showed off SSBE Vegeta's new card and there's a small thumbnail of him with silver hair right there on the front of the thing.

Most of the remaining mystery merch now is advertising a "new hero" that hasn't been revealed yet. And now there's this Heroes card for Goku that'll get a new ability once the film releases. And since that's a Goku card with Vegeta...

Not having merchandise isn't definite proof something won't appear in the film, but UI is being pushed like crazy and there's no sign of it in any of the movie-related lines that come out after release so it doesn't look too good at the moment.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Bandai goofed and accidentally revealed Ultra Instinct Goku early in a Super Dragon Ball Heroes commercial. They showed off SSBE Vegeta's new card and there's a small thumbnail of him with silver hair right there on the front of the thing.

Most of the remaining mystery merch now is advertising a "new hero" that hasn't been revealed yet. And now there's this Heroes card for Goku that'll get a new ability once the film releases. And since that's a Goku card with Vegeta...

Not having merchandise isn't definite proof something won't appear in the film, but UI is being pushed like crazy and there's no sign of it in any of the movie-related lines that come out after release so it doesn't look too good at the moment.
wait a min, wtf? silver hair vegeta? do you have a link / photo for it?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 am

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:This is a minor nitpick, but I really hate how the new designs for the Saiyans have them keep their tails lazily dangling from their waist, instead of being tightened like a belt. I mean, it makes sense for Raditz who always neglected to train his tail, but not for Nappa, Vegeta and Bardock; it gives the impression that they're not orderly or disciplined.
Ok but they are children though. I mean as a child you probably shouldn't expect them to be super orderly/disciplined.
Sure, but Bardock and Nappa are the same.
But, it looks good? Makes the tail actually feel like a natural thing that could have interesting physics as opposed to "just another part of their attire" or a belt.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Ok but they are children though. I mean as a child you probably shouldn't expect them to be super orderly/disciplined.
Sure, but Bardock and Nappa are the same.
But, it looks good? Makes the tail actually feel like a natural thing that could have interesting physics as opposed to "just another part of their attire" or a belt.
To me it doesn't really matter much either way the positioning of the tail. Seems like an extremely inconsequential piece of information for the the movie.

We've discussed this a million times, but after all the updates we've had, do you guys think SSBE and/or SSBKKx20 will appear in the movie?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:18 am

PFM18 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Sure, but Bardock and Nappa are the same.
To me it doesn't really matter much either way the positioning of the tail. Seems like an extremely inconsequential piece of information for the the movie.

We've discussed this a million times, but after all the updates we've had, do you guys think SSBE and/or SSBKKx20 will appear in the movie?
I personally don't think so, since we haven't really seen any promotional material sporting those forms, but I could definitely see them actually appearing, though I think it would be in a small capacity at best...

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:12 am

vashter wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Bandai goofed and accidentally revealed Ultra Instinct Goku early in a Super Dragon Ball Heroes commercial. They showed off SSBE Vegeta's new card and there's a small thumbnail of him with silver hair right there on the front of the thing.

wait a min, wtf? silver hair vegeta? do you have a link / photo for it?
Not Vegeta, it was silver haired UI Goku. This was before it had been revealed in V-jump.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:49 am

Come November 14th and onwards with the early premiere in Tokyo, we’re gonna get spoiled pretty badly as to who or what is appearing in this movie...

But I admit the parallels between Heroes and everything we know about Broly Super movie are... unnerving.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:17 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Come November 14th and onwards with the early premiere in Tokyo, we’re gonna get spoiled pretty badly as to who or what is appearing in this movie...

But I admit the parallels between Heroes and everything we know about Broly Super movie are... unnerving.
How so?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Come November 14th and onwards with the early premiere in Tokyo, we’re gonna get spoiled pretty badly as to who or what is appearing in this movie...

Nothing too unusual about that in this franchise. It's like the old movies recycling plots from the manga and anime. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Prison Planet arc is an off-brand version of the movie's basic plot by design. Bandai and whoever else are in charge of Heroes are in the loop about this stuff well in advance so they can get the game material ready to release alongside the movie.

It looks like Trunks might have a role in both stories too. Some of the Goku/Vegeta cards from the Broly movie have Kid Trunks in that little thumbnail section on the front of the card.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 am

PFM18 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Sure, but Bardock and Nappa are the same.

Kaioken is still a firm maybe I'd say 70% chance, Evolution I don't think will. The SSGSS Goku description did talk about perfect Ki control again and for Vegetto Blue Kaioken for SDBH the merch didn't do Kaioken likely because there was no separate sheet for that for the sculptors to use, I suspect the same thing would probably apply for the movie and then Toei are handling the action scenes and Nagamine was SD on the U.S arc where Kaioken was brought back in full force even before the ToP began, so I can definitely can see them slipping it in the fight even if briefly like against Zamasu.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: But, it looks good? Makes the tail actually feel like a natural thing that could have interesting physics as opposed to "just another part of their attire" or a belt.

Kaioken is still a firm maybe I'd say 70% chance, Evolution I don't think will. The SSGSS Goku description did talk about perfect Ki control again and for Vegetto Blue Kaioken for SDBH the merch didn't do Kaioken likely because there was no separate sheet for that for the sculptors to use, I suspect the same thing would probably apply for the movie and then Toei are handling the action scenes and Nagamine was SD on the U.S arc where Kaioken was brought back in full force even before the ToP began, so I can definitely can see them slipping it in the fight even if briefly like against Zamasu.
I mean I feel like if one of them appears, then both will appear, because they are supposed to be equivalent forms to each other.

if Vegeta doesn't use it, it'll really mess up the continuity and render a retelling when DBS comes back completely necessary. Especially since half of Toriyama's material was cut out.
Last edited by PFM18 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.