*SPOILERS* Are we getting a Broly Extended Edition?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

*SPOILERS* Are we getting a Broly Extended Edition?

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:59 pm

We seriously need it. We've been told that the original storyboard of the film was almost 3 hours and they had to chop up so much so that we could get the theatrical version. After watching the movie, there is so much that I feel is missing, and some scenes just go by too fast. The pacing and the flow gets messed up at times, and its kinda noticeable, especially during the Paragus/King Vegeta/Bardock flashbacks. I think having an extended edition would be very beneficial.

RedHeat
Regular

Re: *SPOILERS* Are we getting a Broly Extended Edition?

Post by RedHeat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:17 am

probably no more than 10-15 minutes
Feels over Reals.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:27 am

if anything, we'll get it if it gets adapted into the TV anime

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:54 am

we should get one. There is probably 15 minutes of the Bardock stuff cut off from the theatrical release.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:09 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:if anything, we'll get it if it gets adapted into the TV anime
If it does get adapted into the anime, then what would be the point of the movie's existence?
IM21 wrote:we should get one. There is probably 15 minutes of the Bardock stuff cut off from the theatrical release.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:36 am

No one knows, they haven't announced anything yet, but I'd imagine if Super returns to TV and they cover the Broly movie like they did the other two movies, we'll get the extended story that way.
superfan2024 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:if anything, we'll get it if it gets adapted into the TV anime
If it does get adapted into the anime, then what would be the point of the movie's existence?
Toei has a habit of telling the same story twice in movie and episodic format. It seems pointless but it does make them money.
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:37 am

If we do perhaps they can explain the Ikari so we can finally put an end to the noisome debate as to whether or not its necessary to achieve Broly's Super Saiyan form.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:08 am

Hulk10 wrote:If we do perhaps they can explain the Ikari so we can finally put an end to the noisome debate as to whether or not its necessary to achieve Broly's Super Saiyan form.
With Broly alive they can still explain it in the future.
The form being strictly connected to Broly’s ikari form would probably be best, so that it can stay exclusive to him. And Broly could learn how to control his form as Kale did and as Vegeta did with the Oozaru.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:36 pm

emperior wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:If we do perhaps they can explain the Ikari so we can finally put an end to the noisome debate as to whether or not its necessary to achieve Broly's Super Saiyan form.
With Broly alive they can still explain it in the future.
The form being strictly connected to Broly’s ikari form would probably be best, so that it can stay exclusive to him. And Broly could learn how to control his form as Kale did and as Vegeta did with the Oozaru.
I dunno about the 'be best' thing. After all its clearly not a hybrid form. I do agree however that Broly should be able to learn how to control it.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Well Battle of Gods got 20 extra minutes for its extended edition... so maybe

They should look through the 80 minutes of cut footage and see what would work with the movie’s pacing & Story

But I wouldn’t mind them giving us the full 3 hours as a extended Edition Blu-ray release.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:46 am

ZeroDio wrote:Well Battle of Gods got 20 extra minutes for its extended edition... so maybe

They should look through the 80 minutes of cut footage and see what would work with the movie’s pacing & Story

But I wouldn’t mind them giving us the full 3 hours as a extended Edition Blu-ray release.
20 minutes of extra footage would be very nice indeed.
Getting the full 3 hours movie would be a dream but I doubt they will ever do that as it would take them too much work.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical