Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by TheNingen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:37 pm

I only want Anger Broly. I need to find a cheap place to just buy him lol.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Lots of preorders coming in soon hopefully! The Ultimate Soldiers line I-IV, managed to nab a decent priced CraneKing Base Gogeta on Ebay, plus the HG figures. Saving up now for the S.H. Figuarts for Gogeta and Broly! My wallet might not be happy, but this Dragon Nerd is very much so! :mrgreen:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Galan007 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Jan Bandai stuff:
HG
Do we have an exact release date for these yet? Definitely buying.
They should start to be released in Japan around 23rd Jan. Gogeta is rare meaning as a result he'll should be more expensive and the others should be a lot cheaper like with #01 last month where Broly was rare.
Excellent, thanks.

Yeah, I picked up the rare Broly. It was ~$40 USD. I'm more interested in the Whis, Beerus, and Ikari Broly figures here.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:56 pm

I usually don't pre order gashapons but I am so glad I did now. HG we knew what would be rare in advance but UDM & VS whenever there is one character with two forms Bandai always under ratio one of the them in the case of UDM it was Base Gogeta and VS was SSGSS Gogeta. Thank god Bandai labelled them Movie Character A1 & A2 instead of A & B otherwise I might not have pre ordered them!

Ultimate Soldiers II & III, Wafer Stickers box, HG & VS should be here in a few days very excited! Deffo gonna save some wafers for the movie! :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:12 pm

It took longer than I expected, but I finally got my KameHameHa SSJ4 Goku
Despite the prototype looking like the it would only look good from one angle, it actually looks great from every angle and the fur has some really cool looking paint apps.

Here's hoping a figure with him pulling the Dragon Fist gets made, I love these kind of dynamic poses in my figures.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:27 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Right DBS is now (most likely 90%) returning in the summer. July schedule still not updated for Dragon Ball....

May addition:
Gigantic Series SSGSS Gogeta.
Shikishi Art 8
Doesn’t merchandise for a show drops three months after the show starts? It could be that the show could be out in April or July instead of just July?
Not sure that is a rule. To me it doesn't make sense for the show to be on-air and for them to be focusing on finishing ToP marketing.

The simultaneous marketing of UI Goku & Broly proved to be a massive hit I don't think they are going to wait 3 months to do something when DBS returns.
Is it possible to look in other Jump shows and see when merchandise dropped for and when did the show begin airing?
I do want the show sooner though (who doesn't?) so I do hope you are right! But I just don't see it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 pm

HG & VS:
Scale:
A bit smaller than expected but surprisingly turned out better than I thought. HG Broly definitely great. VS Broly also turned out great too

Bandai have used some of Nakazawa assets for Broly again but I am curious what Broly he originally did.

Looking forward to HG #02 & UG#09 this month!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:23 am

Out today:

Ultimate Soldiers IV:
WCF Vol.2

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:35 am

Was not planing on buying anything from vol.2, but that Goku blue looks very tempting

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 am

mute_proxy wrote:Was not planing on buying anything from vol.2, but that Goku blue looks very tempting
Interestingly that and Broly & Vegeta from Vol.1 seem to be not modelled after design sheets, seems everyone else is. I am glad though they switched Base Gogeta & Gogeta Blue design poses around for the WCFs!

I do regret pre ordering Vol.2 before the blanks were known purely because of Nappa & Raditz. Feels like a waste, literally could have been any two others I'd be happy, oh well Vol.3 next month exicted about that definitely the best set in my opinion.

Edit-

Also out today UDM THE BEST 28:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Was not planing on buying anything from vol.2, but that Goku blue looks very tempting
Interestingly that and Broly & Vegeta from Vol.1 seem to be not modelled after design sheets, seems everyone else is. I am glad though they switched Base Gogeta & Gogeta Blue design poses around for the WCFs!

I do regret pre ordering Vol.2 before the blanks were known purely because of Nappa & Raditz. Feels like a waste, literally could have been any two others I'd be happy, oh well Vol.3 next month exicted about that definitely the best set in my opinion.
I was sort of considering getting kid Raditz at first, but I guess vol.3 has all the kids I'll need lol. Did you get the limited edition movie pamphlet too?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 am

mute_proxy wrote: I was sort of considering getting kid Raditz at first, but I guess vol.3 has all the kids I'll need lol. Did you get the limited edition movie pamphlet too?
Aye. That and the Cardass were the only things I got from the limited merch on the theatre floor, thankfully we got the price list so I ended up not getting anything else because sellers were listing them way too much over the price (otherwise I probably would have over paid for some!)

Pretty much most of the other non exclusive merch available nationwide I got except the homeware and women specific merch. I was tempted by the Kura Sushi Limited UDMs but Bandai making them shit quality made it easy for me to not get them lol.

Jan is all about figures seems the only general merch is the clear card collection from Ensky due end of the month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:07 am

What has the quality of this line been recently? The figures look so good in this image....

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:06 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Image
What has the quality of this line been recently? The figures look so good in this image....
Find out soon Feb's U6 one comes out soon.
SSGSS Vegeta Gogeta Ugly Yellow and Gogeta Blue EXTRA FINISH all re used moulds.... for over ¥10k they shouldn't be doing that...

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 am

I really want that Gogeta Blue, Vegeta Blue, and God Goku....but I dont want the rest tbh. Jacket Goku and Vegeta look nice. But the other Gogetas look eh. I'd prefer a plain base instead of SSJ to pair with the failed fusions. But so be it

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I really want that Gogeta Blue, Vegeta Blue, and God Goku....but I dont want the rest tbh. Jacket Goku and Vegeta look nice. But the other Gogetas look eh. I'd prefer a plain base instead of SSJ to pair with the failed fusions. But so be it
Bandai gave us Base Gogeta recolour for UDM, VS & UG. However as much as Base makes sense here Bandai Spirits are handling these premium ones and they chose SS Gogeta over Base for Kuji recolour this isn't surprising. If Bandai were still doing this deffo we would have had Base....

Also SSG Goku's laces aren't red.... more sloppiness. /;

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 pm

When's the release date for it? Also lol at them not giving us an SSJ Broly. Yet we get every form of Gogeta.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

TheNingen wrote:When's the release date for it? Also lol at them not giving us an SSJ Broly. Yet we get every form of Gogeta.
Supposed to be May but it is now July.

Well we do have the February SDBH Skills Figures for SS Broly (re use of mould of course) at least...

Bandai, Bandai Spirits no difference same BS shenanigans we have to deal with!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:02 pm

I really want the Vegeta in the Green coat but don’t think I can justify the cost of these. They are gashaphon and overpriced and honestly the quality of this line in the past has left much to be desired (I don’t go by the prototype photos)

I guess I’ll just hope to buy the Vegeta on the after market.