Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by PFM18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Um yeah Cursed Lemon, you gots to chill and stop putting words in everybody's mouth. I'm on your side here as far as believing Vic's guilty but you're doing us no favors.
Believing Vic is guilty is not a "side" everybody believes he's guilty it's just some like to throw around felonies nonchalantly while simultaneously acknowledging he's guilty.

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 pm

PFM18 wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Um yeah Cursed Lemon, you gots to chill and stop putting words in everybody's mouth. I'm on your side here as far as believing Vic's guilty but you're doing us no favors.
Believing Vic is guilty is not a "side" everybody believes he's guilty it's just some like to throw around felonies nonchalantly while simultaneously acknowledging he's guilty.
This. Vic needs to be held accountable towards his unprofessionalism until he cleans up his act and doesn't make people uncomfortable again. But trying to lump him with rapists is a threshold I can't in good conscience stand by.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Just want to point out fyi kissing someone who doesn't want you to kiss them is the legal definition of sexual assault.
No, it isn't. A prerequisite of sexual assault is "sexual contact." A kiss on the cheek isn't sexual contact. Unless of course, every time you kiss a friend or family member on the cheek you are sexually contacting them.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm

BlueChi wrote:If you're going to accuse Vic of sexually assaulting people (based on what we can glimpse from the pictures), you're going to have to do the same to a lot of people like him whose crimes are hugging people they don't know.
Except the definition of sexual assault is doing those things to someone who doesn't want it. I'm about 99% sure Vic is aware that he's not in a small Portuguese village.
PFM18 wrote:Believing Vic is guilty is not a "side" everybody believes he's guilty it's just some like to throw around felonies nonchalantly while simultaneously acknowledging he's guilty.
Well that's patently damn false, reading through this thread.
I have done absolutely no such thing. People in here are talking some bullshit.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:18 pm

PFM18 wrote:No, it isn't. A prerequisite of sexual assault is "sexual contact." A kiss on the cheek isn't sexual contact. Unless of course, every time you kiss a friend or family member on the cheek you are sexually contacting them.
Are you guys deliberately forgetting about the Pridemoore allegation or the girl in Vic's theater group who claimed that he once coerced her to be alone with him and then groped her and stuck his tongue in her ear?

Like, did that just conveniently slip out of the narrative?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
PFM18 wrote:No, it isn't. A prerequisite of sexual assault is "sexual contact." A kiss on the cheek isn't sexual contact. Unless of course, every time you kiss a friend or family member on the cheek you are sexually contacting them.
Are you guys deliberately forgetting about the Pridemoore allegation or the girl in Vic's theater group who claimed that he once coerced her to be alone with him and then groped her and stuck his tongue in her ear?

I have viewed several articles and dozens of accounts on the horror story website but I don't claim to know everything. I haven't heard of either of those cases, actually.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:58 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:

I have viewed several articles and dozens of accounts on the horror story website but I don't claim to know everything. I haven't heard of either of those cases, actually.
https://twitter.com/MichellMcC73/status ... 5583037440
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:09 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
TheNingen wrote:I have no use for having a dialogue if you have no arguments to make. You simply saying 'I destroyed my own point' and leaving it at that, isn't an argument, nor is it valid. Vic is not a powerhouse in an industry to the point where he can silence and threaten other VA careers. If you have no argument, do not post. It's that simple. Because it's spam otherwise.
Dude

You: "Vic's colleagues might've banded together to frame him."

Also you: "Vic isn't a powerful person [ergo, he wouldn't need such a diabolical scheme to get rid of]."

Get your own shit straight before coming at me.
Stop the condescension. Now. You're not doing yourself any favors.

I never said his colleagues "banded together to frame him." Quit re-purposing things and putting words in people's mouths. I said if he did in fact do the things he was accused of, his colleagues are just as guilty for letting it go on, as is Funimation and not having him terminated sooner. They made fun of him. They (in Monica's case) were flirty with him. Now suddenly there's a problem.

He isn't a powerful person. You're taking my comments out of context. Knock it off. I mentioned his power in response to you bringing up Kavanaugh, who in himself, has power and influence in his position that Vic does not in his. You cannot compare them.

This ego you have, this attitude and condescension you have is not needed. It is not helpful, nor is it relevant. Stop disrespectfully taking things out of context and acting holier-than-thou to your peers just because you disagree. I have not acted like I am better than you. But you constantly have given me the disrespect of acting in that way yourself. You are not abiding by the forum rules with this behavior, and I recommend that you do in fact become more aware of how you present yourself in a forum. You are very much now an example of a problematic part of the sides debacle I mentioned earlier. Just as several people in this thread are as well that I would consider. I don't have a side. I see holes and problems in both sides. I can and do criticize both. If you do have further off topic, one off comments or insults, then I will proceed to ignore them and simply report you for your disrespectful conduct. I want no part of that sort of toxic behavior.
LMAO. You think you can give anyone orders. You don’t get to be uppity with anyone. Got it? Niether you or the one who’s trying to make this thread about her feelings. You fuck off with your nonsense right now.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:15 pm

BlueChi wrote:This. Vic needs to be held accountable towards his unprofessionalism until he cleans up his act and doesn't make people uncomfortable again. But trying to lump him with rapists is a threshold I can't in good conscience stand by.
Evidence. Show actual proof and not "I've read and heard that Vic done..." that doesn't count. Anyone can claim whomever of doing anything.

Politicians make a lot of promises and millions believe it to be true. Same here, tons of people make claims without evidence and think that's enough to prove he did it.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
BlueChi wrote:This. Vic needs to be held accountable towards his unprofessionalism until he cleans up his act and doesn't make people uncomfortable again. But trying to lump him with rapists is a threshold I can't in good conscience stand by.
Evidence. Show actual proof and not "I've read and heard that Vic done..." that doesn't count. Anyone can claim whomever of doing anything.

Politicians make a lot of promises and millions believe it to be true. Same here, tons of people make claims without evidence and think that's enough to prove he did it.
There has been plenty of evidence posted in this very thread. Read them now or get out of this forum. Get over it, child.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
TheNingen wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Dude

You: "Vic's colleagues might've banded together to frame him."

Also you: "Vic isn't a powerful person [ergo, he wouldn't need such a diabolical scheme to get rid of]."

Get your own shit straight before coming at me.

I never said his colleagues "banded together to frame him." Quit re-purposing things and putting words in people's mouths. I said if he did in fact do the things he was accused of, his colleagues are just as guilty for letting it go on, as is Funimation and not having him terminated sooner. They made fun of him. They (in Monica's case) were flirty with him. Now suddenly there's a problem.

He isn't a powerful person. You're taking my comments out of context. Knock it off. I mentioned his power in response to you bringing up Kavanaugh, who in himself, has power and influence in his position that Vic does not in his. You cannot compare them.

This ego you have, this attitude and condescension you have is not needed. It is not helpful, nor is it relevant. Stop disrespectfully taking things out of context and acting holier-than-thou to your peers just because you disagree. I have not acted like I am better than you. But you constantly have given me the disrespect of acting in that way yourself. You are not abiding by the forum rules with this behavior, and I recommend that you do in fact become more aware of how you present yourself in a forum. You are very much now an example of a problematic part of the sides debacle I mentioned earlier. Just as several people in this thread are as well that I would consider. I don't have a side. I see holes and problems in both sides. I can and do criticize both. If you do have further off topic, one off comments or insults, then I will proceed to ignore them and simply report you for your disrespectful conduct. I want no part of that sort of toxic behavior.
LMAO. You think you can give anyone orders. You don’t get to be uppity with anyone. Got it? Niether you or the one who’s trying to make this thread about her feelings. You fuck off with your nonsense right now.
And now my comment applies to you as well. Do best to heed it, yeah? Kthx. I won't conduct with someone who chooses insults and childish off-topic diatribe in lieu of a substantive argument. Your reply is off topic. Your conduct isn't needed. So I'll deal with you and say the same to you that I did Lemon :) Now have a nice day.

Also @jjgp, I think a lot of us are on the same side here. Or rather the same mindset. The extremity or hyperbole of some accusations is problematic in light of actual, legitimate sexual assault. Just personal feelings and execution aren't being conveyed in ways that...reach the others I suppose?
Last edited by TheNingen on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Evidence. Show actual proof and not "I've read and heard that Vic done..." that doesn't count. Anyone can claim whomever of doing anything.
I punch you in the face. No witnesses are around and it didn't get caught on tape. How do you prove in a court of law, or provide evidence that I, TKA, punched you in the face?

The answer is you can't.

In the case of Vic, we have so many testimonies from victims, colleagues and witnesses that you'd have to be willfully ignorant to ignore them. There's never going to be this golden, irrefutable video evidence, or a sperm sample that you people keep suggesting need to come forward. It'll never happen here, and it doesn't happen in most sexual assault cases.

Also, this is sexual assault. If I walk up to a woman and force an unwanted kiss on her, it's sexual assault. It's sexual assault.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 pm

TheNingen wrote:
XanatosVanBadass wrote:
TheNingen wrote:

And now my comment applies to you as well. Do best to heed it, yeah? Kthx. I won't conduct with someone who chooses insults and childish off-topic diatribe in lieu of a substantive argument. Your reply is off topic. Your conduct isn't needed. So I'll deal with you and say the same to you that I did Lemon :) Now have a nice day.

Also @jjgp, I think a lot of us are on the same side here. Or rather the same mindset. The extremity or hyperbole of some accusations is problematic in light of actual, legitimate sexual assault
You don’t get to tell me what to post. I get to call you out on your uppity nonsense. Got it, kid? You aren’t an authority here. Stop pretending like you are.

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 pm

TKA wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Evidence. Show actual proof and not "I've read and heard that Vic done..." that doesn't count. Anyone can claim whomever of doing anything.
I punch you in the face. No witnesses are around and it didn't get caught on tape. How do you prove in a court of law, or provide evidence that I, TKA, punched you in the face?

The answer is you can't.

In the case of Vic, we have so many testimonies from victims, colleagues and witnesses that you'd have to be willfully ignorant to ignore them. There's never going to be this golden, irrefutable video evidence, or a sperm sample that you people keep suggesting need to come forward. It'll never happen here, and it doesn't happen in most sexual assault cases.

Also, this is sexual assault. If I walk up to a woman and force an unwanted kiss on her, it's sexual assault. It's sexual assault.
If we consider kisses on the cheek as sexual assault, then we must consider hugs to be so as well and we suddenly have a lot of introverts who have just been irreparably sexually assaulted out of the blue. Again, kissing one's cheek is a form of greeting in certain cultures, especially in Europe. Don't turn sexual assault into a slippery slope, please.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm

BlueChi wrote:
TKA wrote:

The answer is you can't.

If we consider kisses on the cheek as sexual assault, then we must consider hugs to be so as well and we suddenly have a lot of introverts who have just been irreparably sexually assaulted out of the blue. Again, kissing one's cheek is a form of greeting in certain cultures, especially in Europe. Don't turn sexual assault into a slippery slope, please.
This. Isn’t. Europe. Someone who’s lived in America their whole life should know better.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:

Why is it so much easier for you to believe some randos on YouTube over legions of unconnected people who have actually been to cons who, again, have been talking about this stuff for over a decade now?

Sexual harassment, or really any sort of physical assault that doesn't lead to visible damage is extremely hard to prove, which is why the words of witnesses are needed. People aren't just running around being vigilant, or have cameras out ready to capture anything suspicious going on, especially something that seems innocuous. Particularly when we're dealing with stories from the pre-snapchat and instagram days where people weren't as wont to have their phones out to snapshot every waking detail of their day.
Cold World (Fanfic)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm

BlueChi wrote:
TKA wrote:

The answer is you can't.

What's so hard about holding grown-ups accountable for their actions? Vignogna has been doing this for sixteen-plus years. He should know that what he is doing is wrong but he continues to do it anyway.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:44 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
BlueChi wrote:
TKA wrote:

The answer is you can't.

This. Isn’t. Europe. Someone who’s lived in America their whole life should know better.
He should know better. Hugs and kisses can easily make people uncomfortable and he shouldn't have been so close to his fans. We all agree on that here. But making some people uncomfortable =/= rape. In no reality is a hug deemed sexual contact.
JulieYBM wrote:What's so hard about holding grown-ups accountable for their actions? Vignogna has been doing this for sixteen-plus years. He should know that what he is doing is wrong but he continues to do it anyway.
Believe me, I 100% agree with you on that front. I'm not defending his actions, I consider them incredibly unprofessional and clumsy.
Last edited by BlueChi on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm

TKA wrote: Also, this is sexual assault. If I walk up to a woman and force an unwanted kiss on her, it's sexual assault. It's sexual assault.
If you walk up to somebody and kiss them on the cheek, you didn't sexually contact them in any way, so it isn't sexual assault. A kiss on the cheek or forehead, isn't sexual contact so it can't be sexual assault by definition.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Here's a thread by somebody's who's worked with Vic that sheds a light on how complicated it was for other people within the industry to deal with in a professional setting:

https://twitter.com/DonaldAShults/statu ... 81760?s=19
Cold World (Fanfic)