Budokai 3 Confirmation

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:24 pm

The S wrote:
That's it! Dog-pile Daimao, we'll get him to talk one way or another!
I've got a feather... will that help?
I was going to suggest torture (perhaps make him watch the Saiyan saga dubbed :lol: ) but hey, that could work...

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:13 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

UNCONFIRMED INFO

This is quoted from DBZONPS2, I don't know how much is true, but it's nice stuff to drool over. :D

Unofficial F.A.Q, Questions Anwsered
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Valermos Posted: Jun 15 2004, 05:59 PM

Group: Member
Member No.: 1340

Hi there I will Try To anwser a lot of your questions here, Though unofficially Announced they were mentioned with in the Atari/Dimps office's

WILL THERE BE MOVIE/GT CHARACTERS?
Yes many movies characters have been added, and a few Gt characters as well.

WILL CHARACTERS SUFFER DAMAGE DURING BATTLE?
Yes, After a curtain amount of health is gone the character will suffer visual damage.

WILL STORY MODE RETURN?
Yes, as well as 3 new modes

WILL OOZARU BE AVAILABLE?
At a point in the story you will fight an OOzaru but you wont become one.

WILL TELEPORTATION BE AVAILABLE?
To a curtain extent yes.

WILL THERE BE FREEFLIGHT?
Yes

WILL GOKU OR VEGETA BE ABLE TO GO SS4?
Yes and so will Gogeta

WILL THERE BE AN ONLINE MODE?
Unknown

WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED?
November for Europe and the second week of December for US

WHICH CHARACTERS WILL BE LEFT OUT?
None, as a matter of fact all the old characters are coming back plus the new ones

WILL ANY OF THE OLD LEVELS RETURN?
Yes, All of the levels from B2 will return as well as some from B1, Plus 12 More

WILL THERE BE A TRAINING OR BUILD UP MODE?
Yes both

WILL THE GRAPHICS BE 3-D OR CELL SHADED?
The graphics will remain the same as B2 but with some very nice tweaks to the levels and attacks

HAVE THE AURAS CHANGED FROM THE LAST ONE?
Very Dramaticly

CAN CHARACTERS BE CUSTOMIZABLE?
In one of the new modes called Dragon Road you can

WILL CHARACTERS LIKE CELL,FRIEZA, AND BUU HAVE ALL TRANSFORMATIONS?
Yes all three characters plus a few others wil have all of there forms

WILL ROSHI MAKE AN APEARENCE?
Yes in one of the new modes there will be a moment that you must be roshi

WILL CAPSULES MAKE A RETURN?
Very much so

WILL BABY HAVE A BODY TAKE OVER MOVE?
Yes and it will be kind of like Super Buus Absorbtion move but you will have to do a few things to pull it off

IS VEGETTO MAKING A RETURN OR BEING REPLACED?
Vegetto will definitly be back

WILL THERE BE A BEAM STRUGGLE (Cell Vs. Teen Gohan) TYPE ABILITY?
Yes, but I cant give to many details

WILL THERE STILL BE THE WHAT-IF FUSIONS?
Yes the what if fusions will be back plus a few new ones

WILL BROLY ALWAYS BE IN HIS SUPER FORM?
No he will start out normal like everyone else, And his transformation will only happen with enough energy, And it is a Great Cinematic!

WILL THE REST OF GOKUS FAMILY BE IN THIS ONE?
Yes

CAN YOU TELL ME JUST ONE CHARACTER THAT HAS NOT BEEN SEEN THAT IS NEW?
Well I guess I could mention the King Vegeta will make an Appearence.

Well, that's all of it. All I can say is: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: w00t!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:22 am

I know all of that's unconfirmed, but I sure as Hell hope it's true.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:10 pm

:shock:

*joygasim*

Oh my F***ing God!! Atari must have heard my prayers!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:03 pm

All that new info sounds really...I dunno. The interview just goes like:

FANBOY QUESTION:
Yes

It's pretty awkward, really. But I don't mean to spoil anyone's hopes. :(

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:00 pm

Well, some of that stuff IS confirmed through the video's we've seen. SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, and Gogeta were all in the video. The transformations for Cell and Frieza are partly confirmed (We've seen 1st Form Cell and 3rd Form Frieza, it's only logical that the rest are there). We've seen the teleport trick, movie characters, GT characters (SSJ4 Gogeta). We've seen the revamped aura's and the release dates are nearly identical to the last two games.

So yeah, that's all pretty much set in sand. (Yes, I said sand, sand's eaiser to change than stone. :P ) It's the extra stuff that's not verrified in the least as of yet, but with what we do already know/have it's not hard to see that it might be in the game.

Bardock may be playable (w00t!) but I think the King Vegeta appearance will just be through the story mode (as it says it shall have one, double w00t!).

Oh, and you're wrong about them all being yes too:
Xyex wrote:WILL THERE BE AN ONLINE MODE?
Unknown
Though I will admit, at this stage in development they know what they want to do, but not always how to do it, nor is it given that they'll have the time they need to include all of this. After all, if B3 is to come out in November then they only have about 3-4 months longer to work on it.

Personally, I'd be fine with a statement saying:
"We're going to wait a year to release B3. Why? Cause then we can cram more fun crap into it and less people will bitch about us being lazy even though they've never programed a PS2 game in their life and wouldn't know where to start! Oh, I said that outloud? ...." *Slinks away*
:D
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:06 pm

I just found some more news; a magazine article from a french gaming magazine I believe. You can find the whole article at http://www.dranet.net, but I'll give you the highlights:

(Keep in mind these were translated, and poorly. I'm just going to copy them as-is)

I have for him of course talked about the absence of voices Japanese in Budokai 2, and I asked for him if they will be present in Budokai 3. Uchiyama-san replies then: "I returned in France for the first time there is months to the occasion of a promotion turn of. hack. While adorning with different players, I realized that they were attached very to Dragon Ball, as the Japanese. I not again nothing can guarantee you because of the delays, but if it is possible, we will include Japanese voices in the V.F. of Budokai 3"

This is really good news for many of us, I know I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. But even more exciting was this:

Big other novelty, the "Dragon Road." This method will allow you to edit your personage and to divide up points according to 6 criteria: attack power, defense, nimbleness... These clashes between people custom will be the occasion to add more tension. "Your opponent will not see the stats of your personage. The first seconds of the fight will be decisive. It will be necessary to learn the strong points of your opponent and adapt your strategy in function. One never knows on which configuration one can fall: a resistant extremist opponent to the attacks specials devastating or not.... that will add more suspense in the fight!"

Dragon Road sounds awesome...I haven't anticipated a video game this much in a long time XD

Tuxedo Kamen

Post by Tuxedo Kamen » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:21 pm

i don't mean to impost on you if you like the budokai fighting system, but I just still cant believe that you cant jump in a fighting game :x

But hey, any game with Yamcha can't be all bad :lol:

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:39 pm

I never found the lack of jumping in the Budokai fighting engine to be annoying at all...most 3-D fighting games don't always have the best jumping mechanics to begin with. I'd gladly trade up for the ability to alternate between ground and air instantly.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:46 pm

Erm.. :/ I don't suppose you can clean up the translation a bit? It's hard to read.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:58 pm

Agreed, Dragon Road does sound great. As for the lack of jumping... I hadn't noticed it until I read about it on-line to tell the truth. It doesn't bother me in the least.
Last edited by Xyex on Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Xyex> Good point.

Tuxedo Kamen

Post by Tuxedo Kamen » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:03 pm

I suppose I'm just too used to Street Fighter and other 2d fighting games. I only recently started playing 3d fighters. They're fun, but not nearly as fun as Capcom Vs SNK2 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for me.

Yamcha > all :lol:

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:14 pm

Just for you B-Kun, I went back and cleaned up what Deus posted. This is a bit of a paraphrase, some parts didn't make sense to me, but most did.

I have talked to him in the past about the absence of the Japanese voices from the Budokai 2 game, and I asked him if they would be in the Budokai 3 game. Uchiyama-san told me "I returned to france for the first time in months for the occasion of a promtion. While meeting with different players I realized that they were very attached to the Japanese voices in the Dragonball series. Now, I still can't garuntee it, because of the delays, but if it is possilbe, we will include the Japanese voice in the V.F. of Budokai 3"

And

Another big thing, the "Dragon Road". This mode will allow you to edit you character and divide up points between 6 stats. Attack Power, Defense, Agility, etc... These fights betwen the custom characters will be a chance to add more tension to the the game. "Your opponent will not be able to see your characters stats. Thus the first few seconds of battle will be critical. It will be necessarry to learn the strong points of your opponent and adapt your strategy to suit the situation. One never knows how your opponents character will be set-up. An opponent extreamly resistant to special attacks, devastatin or not. This will add much more suspense in the fights!"
<Xyex> Good point.

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:58 pm

That all sounds splendid, but has anyone thought of what moves Brolly would actually have in the game considering he doesn't really have any and apparently knows NO martial arts? Unless he's just going to go around clotheslining people...

If Dragon Road is real then that's really what I've been hoping for, most of all... A way to customize your own individual fighters to test out against fellow Dragonball fans. I don't want my Vegeta or Goku to be dead even with another player's characters and just have everything be relying on pure skill... I want to CRUSH THEM.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:34 am

oponok wrote:That all sounds splendid, but has anyone thought of what moves Brolly would actually have in the game considering he doesn't really have any and apparently knows NO martial arts? Unless he's just going to go around clotheslining people...
Play Super Butoden 2 and Taiketsu and you'll see what kind of moves Brolly's got up his sleeve

Besides, Saiyans dont need martial arts! Just pure maniac moves!!!

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:43 am

Are you sure Broli was in Super Butoden 2? I thought Taiketsu was advertised as his first and only game appearance?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:06 am

Brolly, Zangya, and Bojack were all in SB2.

I think Taiketsu was billed as "Brolly's first Video Game appeance in the US!"
<Xyex> Good point.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:36 am

I could've sworn they actually billed it as the first appearance of a movie character in a game ever. But even before the SB games, Coola and Garlic Jr were in the DBZ card RPGs for Famicom.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:10 am

Here, I'll give you something to really drool over - Image

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:08 pm

Izlude wrote:Here, I'll give you something to really drool over - Image
hope they aren't going for that, cause it kinda looks dodgy