Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:54 am

diogoarez wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 am
Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 am Big Picture just posted the second trailer.

Using movie lines is fucking up the sound mixing so hard. The Freeza lines sound so bad and it's clearly unfiltered audio.
Cold is Quimbé, no idea who Bardock and King Vegeta are but they sound pretty good.

Now there's only the final trailer left so we can hear the full capacity of Miguel Raposo's and Romeu Vala's screams.
They called Goku "Songoku" instead of Cachalote... Fuck

Holy shit, didn't even notice this before you mentioned it. Let's hope they correct this before the movie comes out...
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 amno idea who Bardock and King Vegeta are but they sound pretty good.
I beg to differ, I don't think Bardock sounded any good at all.

And I don't understand how can they mess up the audio levels twice in a row.

P.S: No Kakarot/Cachalote?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 am
Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 amno idea who Bardock and King Vegeta are but they sound pretty good.

It was a translation error. Don't know if it was trailer only or if it's only on that Bardock line, all I know is that Big Picture and Audio In have been warned about this error. We'll just have to wait and see if it's fixed or not when March 14th arrives.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:41 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:17 am
Luso Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:12 am

It was a translation error. Don't know if it was trailer only or if it's only on that Bardock line, all I know is that Big Picture and Audio In have been warned about this error. We'll just have to wait and see if it's fixed or not when March 14th arrives.
Let's hope for the best, maybe it was already corrected and this trailer used early takes.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 pm

They also called the Cold/Freeza army as Special Forces LOL. Knowledge of the product they're working on is 0 as usual. This is why they should have a fan going over their translation to check for these errors.

They hilariously kept Nakao's SHYEEEEAH. :lol:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 pm

omegalucas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 pm They also called the Cold/Freeza army as Special Forces LOL. Knowledge of the product they're working on is 0 as usual. This is why they should have a fan going over their translation to check for these errors.

I have a "feeling" :wink: that line was cut in half and he actually says "Forças Especiais do Cold", for a reason I can't say before the movie releases. It's also the same reason Bardock said "Son Goku" and not "Cachalote" and this time it's not Audio-In's fault.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Glad we're having a subbed version, I was scared for quite a while I would be forced to hear it dub.

First time watching Dragon Ball on the big screen can't wait. :D

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 pm
omegalucas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 pm They also called the Cold/Freeza army as Special Forces LOL. Knowledge of the product they're working on is 0 as usual. This is why they should have a fan going over their translation to check for these errors.

I have a "feeling" :wink: that line was cut in half and he actually says "Forças Especiais do Cold", for a reason I can't say before the movie releases. It's also the same reason Bardock said "Son Goku" and not "Cachalote" and this time it's not Audio-In's fault.
Oh. I see. Good to know.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:49 pm

I really like Sá's Paragus. It's actually better than Santo's. Always loved his Lieutenant Gabriel voice.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:51 pm

omegalucas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:49 pm I really like Sá's Paragus. It's actually better than Santo's. Always loved his Lieutenant Gabriel voice.
The newish Portuguese cast of Dragon Ball is pretty neat and now there is so much great potential to make spectacular dubs at long last. I'd love for DBZ to be re-dubbed but eh, we'd be better off with Kai instead as it's far smaller.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 pmI have a "feeling" :wink: that line was cut in half and he actually says "Forças Especiais do Cold", for a reason I can't say before the movie releases. It's also the same reason Bardock said "Son Goku" and not "Cachalote" and this time it's not Audio-In's fault.
Spill the beans, man :lol: you know you want to :wink:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 am

Big Picture updated the trailer with Bardock now using Kakarotto of all things :lol:

https://youtu.be/rO52HnAbIhc

Casuals rioting in 3, 2, 1...

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:31 am

omegalucas wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 amBig Picture updated the trailer with Bardock now using Kakarotto of all things :lol:
That's great. A pity that they won't fix everything else.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am

I'n hoping they are consistent with names during the film. Having Bardock use Kakarotto and then Vegeta say Cachalote would be annoying. And I'm still scared they'll call SS God Super Guerreiro Rosa.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 am

It's been 20 years since I've seen our portuguese dub. I don't even recall if there was any mockery involved when Vegeta called him Cachalote (if there was, it could explain the change). Heck, I don't even recall when that happened. I'm pretty sure Raditz never called him that.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

Cachalote was used like twice in the Z dub during the Garlic Jr arc. In Z material it only had regular use in the Broly films, and later on in GT and Super.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 am

omegalucas wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am I'n hoping they are consistent with names during the film. Having Bardock use Kakarotto and then Vegeta say Cachalote would be annoying. And I'm still scared they'll call SS God Super Guerreiro Rosa.
I mean, they still use Super Warrior than Super Saiyan so that kinda says it all. Still, that's not to say it won't be fantastic.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:38 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 am
omegalucas wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am I'n hoping they are consistent with names during the film. Having Bardock use Kakarotto and then Vegeta say Cachalote would be annoying. And I'm still scared they'll call SS God Super Guerreiro Rosa.
I mean, they still use Super Warrior than Super Saiyan so that kinda says it all. Still, that's not to say it won't be fantastic.
I'm more or less resigned to the fact we'll be forever stuck with those terms. I just want them to be consistent within the product.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:05 am

alakazam^ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am Spill the beans, man :lol: you know you want to :wink:
Can't, not yet.

Wasn't expecting them to update the trailer so quickly with Kakarotto but, hey, it's a win. Now I just hope they use Kakarotto during the entire movie, would be very weird to hear Bardock say "Kakarotto" while Vegeta says "Cachalote"

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:05 am
alakazam^ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am Spill the beans, man :lol: you know you want to :wink:
Can't, not yet.

Wasn't expecting them to update the trailer so quickly with Kakarotto but, hey, it's a win. Now I just hope they use Kakarotto during the entire movie, would be very weird to hear Bardock say "Kakarotto" while Vegeta says "Cachalote"
Can't you tell them to swap out Guerreiros do Espaço and Satã and stick with the Japanese names? 😂