Budokai 3 Confirmation

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:23 pm

That's obviously a photoshopped rip-off. I'm not falling for anymore of those. Besides, I already found the real cover awhile ago, with the 3-D models of SSJ4 Goku, Broli, and Coola.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:24 pm

Yeah. Hell, that looks even less professional than Zechs's B2 Gamecube cover.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:31 pm

Hmm I'm not foolin anyone here ^^

But ya gotta admit, the home-made super saiyan aura is hawtness 8)

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:36 pm

It was a good cover, don't get me wrong. But now I realize all video game covers will use their own art for the covers, and all the characters on yours were taken from official art.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:24 pm

Maybe I should try drawing the characters for the coverart by hand, I think I could do something up to the 1st Budokai cover's kind of style

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:44 pm

I personaly hope the unconfirmed info Xyex posted turns out to be true, especally the part about new What If fusions (horribly underused in DBZB2) and battle damage.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:23 pm

I think that cover looks pretty cool, though.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:01 pm

Caracal wrote:I personaly hope the unconfirmed info Xyex posted turns out to be true, especally the part about new What If fusions (horribly underused in DBZB2) and battle damage.
Yeh I wanna see Krillin and Piccolo fuse! And I wanna see Cell and Furiza do the fusion dance and fuse!

WE MUST SAVE DBZ

Post by WE MUST SAVE DBZ » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:37 pm

Zackarotto wrote:I think that cover looks pretty cool, though.
I agree. It certanlly looks better then what thoses idiots at Atari could make...

mmmm ... Dragon Road... mmm
http://www.petitiononline.com/7878hgfh/petition.html
SAVE DBZ NOW!

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46 pm

Here's a full size version of the cover I made, sorry about the previous one, but that image host sucks cuz they re-size ur images and put watermarks all over them (yuck)

But here's the full size - Image

Spyderjsr

Post by Spyderjsr » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:34 am

Hey I am new here but definately not a newbie.

My biggest complaint about both budokai games was underused characters. B1 was soooo much worse then b2 but still its something I hope SOMEHOW is fixed in B3. For example in B1 You had Dodoria and Zarbon with like 3 moves each. And Goku with like 10 (jus exageratting) It really made people stave away from using minor characters. It was a bit better in Budokai 2 but I hope its much better in B3. So you can use characters like Android 17 or 18 and keep it just as interesting with move possibilities as if it were vegeta, trunks or gohan.

Does anyone know what I mean. Like large cinematic moves? Like Give them some new kinda ki blast. I dunno I am prolly blowing smoke out my ass so jus ignore me if I am making no sense

And my only other beef would be I hope they remove tiens "volleyball fist" in favour of a cinematic "tri-beam" technique I mean if they have Yamcha's "Spirit Ball" attack Which he must have used like 3 times in the series, they could easily do that for tien. Anywayz

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:20 am

Tien should have his 12 Eye/Multi-Form technique! That would be hawt!

What this game really needs though... Mr.Popo! Comon we all know HE IS the most powerful character out there, he just holds back!

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:21 pm

I hope they also have different punching and kicking moves. For example, Goku could have a roundhouse kick, and Piccolo could have an axe kick. Everyone's fighting moves are too much of the same.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:25 pm

I'd really like some more gag characters, myself.

PILAF.

But yeah, there are some more notable special attacks that characters have (unfortunately, most stemming from the 22nd and 23rd Tenka-ichi Budokai). Let's get some Kikoho, Taiyo-Ken, Zanzoken, etc. action going on!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:00 pm

I'm fairly amazed that Taiyo-Ken hasn't been done already. It seems like it would be easy enough to do...the move would freeze your opponent for a few seconds enabling you to get behind them and unleash an ULTIMATE ATTACK. (Granted, character never do that in the series, because they are all morons. But they should.) Besides, I'm sure every American kid playing the game knows "Solar Flare". It has to be one of the most used moves in the series.
Deus ex Machina wrote:It was a good cover, don't get me wrong. But now I realize all video game covers will use their own art for the covers, and all the characters on yours were taken from official art.
Er, I don't know what DBZ games you've been buying, but every single one I've got has used official art (although the European GC Budokai 1 has a go by including what looks like stills of Vegeta and Piccolo from the "We Got Power" intro. Rest is official stuff, though).
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:55 pm

Are you buying the european DBZ games, because I know the covers were different. As for the U.S. release of Budokai 1, 2, Taiketsu, and Legacy of Goku 2 were all new art.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:31 pm

PsyLiam wrote:(Granted, character never do that in the series, because they are all morons. But they should.)
I agree that they could've made things easier in a few battles, but certain villains can sense ki, so it wouldn't help as much as you would think against them. For example, a late-DBZ Goku would probably be able to hit Invisible Man from the other side of the earth with a very thin ki laser blast, just going straight through everything.

Who could use Taiyo-Ken? I was thinking only Tenshinhan and Kuririn, but who used it on 1st stage Cell?

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:34 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I'd really like some more gag characters, myself.

PILAF.
If Pilaf appears in a DBZ fighting game, then I want Shou and Mai in there too! Mai is hawt...and no do not remind me of her looks in GT... :cry:
Zackarotto wrote: Who could use Taiyo-Ken? I was thinking only Tenshinhan and Kuririn, but who used it on 1st stage Cell?
Yeh having those two would be enough to use the move, we dont need Goku and Cell both using it as well, last thing we need is more characters with the same moves lol...

But I cant remember if anyone used it on 1st Stage Cell...actually... I think Cell used it in his first stage to escape from Piccolo. He used it again in his second stage too.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:40 pm

I was thinking someone used it to get away from him. Actually, it makes more sense your way. Forget I said it.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:16 am

That's what bothered me about Budokai. Once you learned one character you learned them all, basically.

Of course, the same could be said about most Dragon Ball fighting games, but I didn't have to listen to the dub voices in them. >_>