Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:13 pm According to Nick Rekieta there's 2 big things happening Monday related to all this drama.
  1. I get a new Ferarri on Monday
  2. I am the best

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:53 pm

From what I could gather on social media it seems Vic may be serving legal papers on Monday. I guess that could be true.

Doesn’t really change my stance on anything. Just because Vic decides to sue doesn’t mean I think he is innocent (although I am sure many will try to claim that) .

Edit:
Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm I feel like blackmail is an offense you could probably get disbarred for.

Look at this fucking drama queen trash pile of a human being.

https://youtu.be/uR3Gns71O5I

Wow just watched that video. What a sick human being. And this is who people claim is a “legitimate” source

And yes it does sound like Blackmail. But I am sure Nick’s cronies will deny it.

And again this is who Vic is friends with

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:11 am

This is the guy the alt-right dorks worship? A two-bit lawyer from the middle of nowhere, who live-streams his drunken rants and publicly threatens people in front of a Warhammer flag? :lol:

That was absolutely painful. People take this clown seriously? For a legal professional, that kind of behaviour is bound to catch up with him. His like four clients might want to look into other counsel.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:55 am

Bryesque wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:11 am This is the guy the alt-right dorks worship?
This is what all alt-right pundits look like.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Wow.

Can't believe I would actually spend time reading through a thousand and half pages.

I won't share my opinion about it, since now coming to the last page, I realize much have already been said.

Anyway, I'm surprise that Doctor. has been banned for good. Sure the guy had some questionable marks about all this case, things that I fully disagree, but he is a member that contributes a lot with the discussion regarding the franchise as a whole. Don't know if he had received strikes before, but a temporary ban could have been enough.

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm Doctor is hardly the longest-serving member to get banned from here. The mod team isn't big on preferential treatment.
Tell that to Rocketman.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 am

Noah wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 pm I'm surprise that Doctor. has been banned for good. Sure the guy had some questionable marks about all this case, things that I fully disagree, but he is a member that contributes a lot with the discussion regarding the franchise as a whole.
If this is such a controversial topic that your opinion can get you banned, maybe the topic as a whole should be closed down.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 am

Saying "it's just an opinion though" doesn't mean it's an okay stance to take. "Opinions" can be anything, and if it informs your actions you better fucking believe that dangerous and wrong opinions to have should be vetted. This is just an online forum, if you get banned it's a chance to look at both yourself and the forum you were communicating on and learn to actually behave. The mods did nothing that they weren't in their rights to do, and what they have done has been almost universally justified. I'm honestly surprised more people haven't been banned.

Also, they've explained multiple times how a topic on an ongoing current event related to Dragon Ball should be kept open. If your response is to do something stupid that gets you banned, it's not the topic's fault.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 amIf your response is to do something stupid that gets you banned, it's not the topic's fault.
If the only thing that's going to result from a topic, especially one not even related to the franchise, is a divide in the fanbase and discussions not going anywhere, then closing it is the best option. If the topic needs to be open then either allow people to voice their opinions (as long as they're not attacking anyone personally) or close it temporarily until more information is available.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 am

sintzu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 am
Shaddy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:55 amIf your response is to do something stupid that gets you banned, it's not the topic's fault.
If the only thing that's going to result from a topic, especially one not even related to the franchise, is a divide in the fanbase and discussions not going anywhere, then closing it is the best option. If the topic needs to be open then either allow people to voice their opinions (as long as they're not attacking anyone personally) or close it temporarily until more information is available.
If the division is between those who support sexual predators and those who don't, then it seems to me that identifying and banning the former is a good thing.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 am

Huh... Well I learned something new... All this talk about Sexual Assault? Well, it turns out, Texas doesn't technically define groping, or other forms of unwanted sexual contact as sexual assault, per say...

https://twitter.com/Lakas1236547/status ... 3596440579

Instead, it's just plain old "Assault"...

So Vic Mignogna wasn't allegedly sexually assault those girls. He was just allegedly doing a REGULAR assaulting, that's all. And unfortunately, some folks are putting a lot of emphasis on the difference between the two... So I guess be careful? Aye carumba...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:55 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:06 am So Vic Mignogna wasn't allegedly sexually assault those girls. He was just allegedly doing a REGULAR assaulting, that's all. And unfortunately, some folks are putting a lot of emphasis on the difference between the two... So I guess be careful? Aye carumba...
Yeah, because assault sounds SOOO much better on your resume. And that would only apply to the examples in Texas, anyway.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:01 am

There's also the "intentional and knowingly" part toi, so if he's telling the truth and wasn't aware what he was doing was considered assault, then he technically didn't commit assault either according to Texas law.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Well but that's not the truth. He's been made aware of his behavior time and time again.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:02 pm

And even then...intention doesn't matter.

Despite what television has you believe, no one wakes up one day and goes "I JUST FEEL LIKE I WANT TO RAPE SOMEONE TODAY." Sexual Harrassment, and including rape, occurs due to a number of harmful behaviors and ideals that are unfortunately validated in our society. The problem with Vic isnt' that he wasn't aware--he just didn't give a shit. He put his needs before others and thought he was entitled to touching women inappropriately. But because he didn't actually "rape anyone," then what he did is perfectly okay.

But it's not.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Wow, 148 pages? This is still a thing?

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:35 pm

I think I've said it before, but it's hugely revealing that this is the tactic they're leading with now - a technicality in Texas law as to what's legally defined as "sexual assault" in that one state. If this is their defense... doesn't that tacitly admit that Mignogna is guilty of what he's been accused? If they're focused in redefining the assaults, they're not denying they happened - they're just trying to "downplay" the charges and reset the narrative.

Besides which... "sexual assault" is a widely-used, common term regarding any assault that's sexual in nature. Whether or not Texas happens to have garbage laws on the matter, if he's assaulted people and it was sexual in nature (ie, groping and/or kissing without consent), calling that sexual assault is just... reasonable? And true?

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Bryesque wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:35 pm I think I've said it before, but it's hugely revealing that this is the tactic they're leading with now - a technicality in Texas law as to what's legally defined as "sexual assault" in that one state. If this is their defense... doesn't that tacitly admit that Mignogna is guilty of what he's been accused? If they're focused in redefining the assaults, they're not denying they happened - they're just trying to "downplay" the charges and reset the narrative.

Besides which... "sexual assault" is a widely-used, common term regarding any assault that's sexual in nature. Whether or not Texas happens to have garbage laws on the matter, if he's assaulted people and it was sexual in nature (ie, groping and/or kissing without consent), calling that sexual assault is just... reasonable? And true?
Oh, the stand with Vic crowd knows he’s guilty as fuck for the most part. They just don’t care.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:55 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:48 pm
Bryesque wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:35 pm I think I've said it before, but it's hugely revealing that this is the tactic they're leading with now - a technicality in Texas law as to what's legally defined as "sexual assault" in that one state. If this is their defense... doesn't that tacitly admit that Mignogna is guilty of what he's been accused? If they're focused in redefining the assaults, they're not denying they happened - they're just trying to "downplay" the charges and reset the narrative.

Oh, the stand with Vic crowd knows he’s guilty as fuck for the most part. They just don’t care.
And I'm sure there's a significant number of that crowd who like him so much specifically because they know he's guilty.

It's a sad truth that a lot of this anger comes from dudes who are absolutely terrified of there being actual consequences for bad behaviour - because if there are, that would mean they'd have have to actually learn and care and grow as people. And instead of accepting that inevitability, they'll viciously fight against it and glom onto any "cause" that tells them they can stay the same sad, stunted children and that whatever they do, nobody can tell them "no".

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:42 pm

It's also continuing to jump into this like Vic is actually being prosecuted, which he still isn't. Nobody is trying to put the man in prison. Nobody is pressing charges. They just wanted him out of where they were. Because he's a creepy douche. You can totally be fired for being a creepy douche, especially in a state where companies don't even need a reason to fire you. This is why people saying "hE's GoNnA sUe FuNiMaTiOn FoR aLl ThEy'Re WoRtH!!!1!!" don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 pm

PFM18 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:05 pm Wow, 148 pages? This is still a thing?
[insert ironic response comparing this to an anime that started in the 80s]