Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 pm

👏 Stop. 👏 Giving. 👏 These. 👏 People. 👏 Attention. 👏 And. 👏 Clicks. 👏

When there is no news, and there is nothing to say, there is no news, and there is nothing to say. They do not deserve your time and attention and mental real estate.

This is precisely how they operate to keep you confused, misguided, and slowly indoctrinated.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 pm Sheesh, what a tease...

https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 36961?s=20

No paper being filed today? That's too bad; was looking forward to the end of all this nonsense
Look forward to our announcement of an announcement guys, I know I hyped this up even though it turns out it won't be today after all, but look forward to it anyway! Tonight on YouTube Lawyer!
"But be sure to watch every monetized video I post until whenever it happens! And don't forget to donate to my Patreon and buy my merch while you wait!!"

Like I said before, he's best ignored like every other outrage grifter.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Thank god I dont even give him the time of day!
:mrgreen:
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm

How does this guy even have a following? Like, he wore Blackface....come on

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 pm

So nick rekieta apparently found out about something Shane holmberg, a person on the kickvic side who’s had a hand in keeping Vic from cons, did...and it’s pretty bad.

https://twitter.com/nickrekieta/status/ ... 82215?s=21

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 am
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:32 pm I'm glad that the majority of the people actually support vic. Kamehacon is a huge example of that. Here is kanzenshuu as well (i would know since communicate with them), tho reading past the last couple of pages i can tell why they wouldnt want the post here. Nothing wrong with the posts (so dont take it the wrong way)
Exactly, it shows how many people have faith in the good of others.
I'm sure there is something terribly ironic about this statement, and the fact this irony seems to be lost on you is little disheartening.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Who the hell is "Shane Holmberg"?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:44 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm I wonder what's Kara Edwards' story with Mignogna since there was a video where she seemed completely fine with him and they were even dancing.
That's normal. There've been folks who were assaulted by someone one day, then woke up the next day and had coffee with that very same person. Only later could.they face the truth about what happened to them, and share their story.

I've spent the entirety of my College years studying people and the dynamics behind how relationships are formed. Trust me; it's not unusual.
Yeah, I know, it's just that I'm curious.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 pm So nick rekieta apparently found out about something Shane holmberg, a person on the kickvic side who’s had a hand in keeping Vic from cons, did...and it’s pretty bad.

A few things...

1) Rekieta has demonstrated, time and again, that he appears to be more of a clickbait-YouTuber than a working lawyer. Not worth anyone's time.

2) While I never suggested Rekieta should be disbarred, I'm inching closer to saying that he should. What weirdo lawyer goes around digging up compromising info (assuming the info is even real, which I'll get to later) on cases that he's not involved in, let alone compromising info (that's not relevant to a case) on someone who's not even directly involved with a case? Frankly, my opinion is that this guy seems to have missed his calling in life...I think he'd be better off working for TMZ than in a law office.

3) He "found out" nothing. He just said something, without even offering a source.

4) To play devil's advocate, let's say what he "found out" is true. So what? It doesn't delegitimize the KickVic movement. All it does is reveal something bad about one person on the KickVic movement (who is not even one of the accusers, and as such, is not one of the main parties).

It's both amazing and depressing how many people are more ready to believe one clickbait-YouTuber with highly questionable practices (I'm not going to refer to Rekieta as a "lawyer" anymore) over many of Mignogna's co-workers and, as it sadly needs to be repeated again, his ex-fiance who he admitted to cheating on.
Last edited by TheBlackPaladin on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Rekieta is the legal version of Logan Paul.
Special Beam Cannon!

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I feel like at this point people should just ignore Mooreish. It's clear despite his, "wait for the evidence stance," that he's very firmly on pro-vic. Doesn't seem to want at all to listen to what anyone says on this forum, and seems to be mistaken that a twitter link is gonna be the thing that proves all of us wrong, man. Vic is totally innocent.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm I feel like at this point people should just ignore Mooreish. It's clear despite his, "wait for the evidence stance," that he's very firmly on pro-vic. Doesn't seem to want at all to listen to what anyone says on this forum, and seems to be mistaken that a twitter link is gonna be the thing that proves all of us wrong, man. Vic is totally innocent.
I only hear insults. You all talk down about istandwithvic people. Never saying why. Now if people were like theblackpaladin about there stuff and offered reasoning. Maybe I’d be eager to hear you out. And I never said I was fully neutral. I said I’d listen to both sides. But as it stands, I’ve heard better reasoning from iswv.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 pm You all talk down about istandwithvic people.
Or maybe you're just selectively deaf.
Special Beam Cannon!

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm Who the hell is "Shane Holmberg"?
The guy that nick rekieta did that one interview with.

https://youtu.be/gZdIecksqew

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 pm
kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm I feel like at this point people should just ignore Mooreish. It's clear despite his, "wait for the evidence stance," that he's very firmly on pro-vic. Doesn't seem to want at all to listen to what anyone says on this forum, and seems to be mistaken that a twitter link is gonna be the thing that proves all of us wrong, man. Vic is totally innocent.
I only hear insults. You all talk down about istandwithvic people. Never saying why. Now if people were like theblackpaladin about there stuff and offered reasoning. Maybe I’d be eager to hear you out. And I never said I was fully neutral. I said I’d listen to both sides. But as it stands, I’ve heard better reasoning from iswv.
There's plenty of "talking down," on both signs, but there's still plenty of good reasoning that you might be ignoring.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Actually... In regards to Shane Holmberg, I'm not sure he's on #KickVic... But if he is, then that is legit bad news.

I know a woman on #IStandWithVic; someone real honorable, despite how vehemently against Monica they are. She was sexually assaulted a a con herself, about 8 years ago... And according to her, the con has held onto the evidence for all that time.

She names Shane Holmberg as the person who has been burying it. I don't know whether the implication is that Shane himself assaulted her, or if he had a friend that did, and he's covering it up... But regardless, this is one of those few anti-KickVic arguments that might have some actual meat behind it :( .

NOTE: No, I will not be revealing her name; she told me this in confidence.
Last edited by Fionordequester on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 pm So nick rekieta apparently found out about something Shane holmberg, a person on the kickvic side who’s had a hand in keeping Vic from cons, did...and it’s pretty bad.

How exactly do you find out that a man met his wife when she was three, unless the guy in question admits to it? Did this Rekieta guy hire a private investigator or something?
Last edited by WittyUsername on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm

This is a picture from Vic's lawyer's office of one of the people getting served in the lawsuit. People looked closer at the tweets and determined it was Ron Toye (Monica's bf). It's supposedly 400 pages.

Credit: https://twitter.com/Imsupergirl11/statu ... 6638756864

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 pm

That all said, Shane Holmberg isn't on Monica's friends list. I personally checked all the 822 friends she followed on Twitter, and didn't find him anywhere on there. So we don't know for sure if he actually is in their inner circle, or if he was just lumped in amongst them by Vic Mignogna's supporters.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 pm

So Nick's nemesis of this weird little sub-situation is some random with ~200 Twitter followers?

What an epic battle.
Special Beam Cannon!