Kameha-Con UK cancelled for now

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Kameha-Con UK cancelled for now

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon May 06, 2019 9:55 am

Well, that's a shame but Geekdom101 kind of told us something like this would happen. Even moreso with the whole FUNimation drama.
After much consideration, Kameha Con UK has been canceled indefinitely. This was not an easy decision, but due to recent events within the fandom, we have decided this is for the best. Refunds at the time of this notice have already been processed automatically.

All refunds should take up to 5-7 business days to process. As with any refund, funds may take an additional time frame to hit your account depending on your financial institution. If you have any questions please message our page directly.

We would like to quickly note, though our decision comes on the back of recent events within the fandom. This is not due to fans directly. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, we hope that it only grows stronger and better than ever!
Twitter

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Kameha-Con UK cancelled for now

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 am

Goddamn.

What a shame. But with the current drama going on with Vic, it doesn't surprise me. They don't want to get their hands dirty with that shit directly or even indirectly.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

That sucks, I was quite looking forward to this convention and meeting some other Kanzenshuuers and geeking out over Dragon Ball, but I understand the need to play it safe for now. Hopefully all the messy stuff can be cleared up for next year.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am That sucks, I was quite looking forward to this convention and meeting some other Kanzenshuuers and geeking out over Dragon Ball, but I understand the need to play it safe for now. Hopefully all the messy stuff can be cleared up for next year.
Well, there's still Saiyacon. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.