"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:33 pm

HeroR wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:47 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 am It'd be unrealistic at this point unless the late May date from that twitter account ended up being true.

Geekdom was still wrong about other things, has no proof of his sources and acts like an egomaniac. I don't really know why people trust him.
Very stupid. The ONLY thing he said was 100% is 2uper is July. You guys are getting too desperate to blame people. Geek never said that the announcements are 100% in May.

So i dont know what you’re talking about when you say he was wrong about other things when the 2 THINGS he said (2uper in July with Shintani style) haven’t been debunked.

And Ajay and Geek literally share sources. But i guess if you think Ajay is also wrong with no proof and Yonkou too who has been established to have inside sources, then you do you.

I’m finding this mental break down of this thread actually kinda entertaining.

Imo, u can start blaming people after 2uper in July is debunked.
He actually did say announcement in late April and early May as the Twitter showed. He even went as far as to say people would apologized to him in May. So......he sorta asked to be mocked.

Also, Ajay freely admitted that he was wrong in this very thread. So even Ajay really believes his own sources anymore.
I’m only referencing what they have said in terms of info received from their sources. Everything else was a guess from them. But i do see ur point.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Anyways, no doubt peeps here are gonna bash Ajay, Geek, and Yonkou if 2uper aint out by July so there is no use trying to defend against that.

But here’s a plausible reason as to why 2uper hasn’t been announced and yet inside sources have been giving info of 2uper coming this July:

https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1128384351996121091
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 14, 2019 4:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm Anyways, no doubt peeps here are gonna bash Ajay, Geek, and Yonkou if 2uper aint out by July so there is no use trying to defend against that.

But here’s a plausible reason as to why 2uper hasn’t been announced and yet inside sources have been giving info of 2uper coming this July:

I think the problem here is that Ajay double checked his sources and the air date was July. He seemed quite sure it wasn't something lost in translation.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:36 pm Anyways, no doubt peeps here are gonna bash Ajay, Geek, and Yonkou if 2uper aint out by July so there is no use trying to defend against that.

Hilarious when more than half of source Yonkou can be wrong can be a 'Insider source' like GogetaXV whoever that guy is - Danny aka Egodom101, yes I said Ego as in bigger than Triple H nose I don't care if he "famous" or got "bigger e-peen on the internet", what could've been done without trying to a guessing game "it coming in Jump Festa!" "It coming in January!" so fourth I'm pretty sure you already know that by now, what is the point of making YT video with almost a clickbait with BARELY anything been said? You obviously haven't read anything in here + Nobody is bashing them they just trying to find out what or why keep guessing? when it only one word "july" and all that is toward to Danny, I actually do believe it coming in July but probably a late July with announcement that it.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Akira Toriyama being a Supervisor or consultant in the anime will actually help out a lot holy hell I hope that's true

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue May 14, 2019 5:15 pm

HeroR wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I think the problem here is that Ajay double checked his sources and the air date was July. He seemed quite sure it wasn't something lost in translation.
Yeah, and to add to that, it does sound a bit weird that animators, licensors or whoever the other sources are would be told about July if that was just a set month for a promo.

Still, I did hear a bit from a Brazilian licensor back in January, during a Broly premiere, that whenever a new series came out - he had absolutely no idea when that would happen, let me be clear - he was sure that everyone involved would be very determined to make simuldubs available ASAP for the biggest markets around the world, as Toei supposedly realized they missed massive opportunites when Super began. If we remember that if it all goes well the Toonami airing will reach episode 131 by the end of September, plans for an October premiere do sound plausible, all things considered.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Araki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Yeah, and to add to that, it does sound a bit weird that animators, licensors or whoever the other sources are would be told about July if that was just a set month for a promo.

Still, I did hear a bit from a Brazilian licensor back in January, during a Broly premiere, that whenever a new series came out - he had absolutely no idea when that would happen, let me be clear - he was sure that everyone involved would be very determined to make simuldubs available ASAP for the biggest markets around the world, as Toei supposedly realized they missed massive opportunites when Super began. If we remember that if it all goes well the Toonami airing will reach episode 131 by the end of September, plans for an October premiere do sound plausible, all things considered.
Well, it makes sense that animators would here about July.

They would have to know when the first trailer of the thing they’re animating would drop. As for licensors or even investors why wouldn’t they know about when a money maker like 2uper would get announced. I think it would make sense for the sources to know when a trailer and announcement would drop.
vashter wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Hilarious when more than half of source Yonkou can be wrong can be a 'Insider source' like GogetaXV whoever that guy is - Danny aka Egodom101, yes I said Ego as in bigger than Triple H nose I don't care if he "famous" or got "bigger e-peen on the internet", what could've been done without trying to a guessing game "it coming in Jump Festa!" "It coming in January!" so fourth I'm pretty sure you already know that by now, what is the point of making YT video with almost a clickbait with BARELY anything been said? You obviously haven't read anything in here + Nobody is bashing them they just trying to find out what or why keep guessing? when it only one word "july" and all that is toward to Danny, I actually do believe it coming in July but probably a late July with announcement that it.
You are misinformed and i can barely understand anything you’re saying.

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Why y’all so worried about some clown like geekdom who clearly thinks too highly of himself? Let the show get announced without all this aggressive banter lol it’ll be a lot more smooth for everyone. I’m sure it’ll be soon if the show is coming in July. If not, oh well, Super will return at some point.

Props to Ajay for being straightforward btw.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm
Araki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Well, it makes sense that animators would here about July.

They would have to know when the first trailer of the thing they’re animating would drop. As for licensors or even investors why wouldn’t they know about when a money maker like 2uper would get announced. I think it would make sense for the sources to know when a trailer and announcement would drop.
vashter wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

You are misinformed and i can barely understand anything you’re saying.

An animator would know the actual release date, not just a promo. Which again, Ajay checked and is sure it meant Super is beck in July since people asked this before. That and anime in general don't have big announcements for previews.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Ajay and Yonko are fine people as far as I know

I don't like geekdom for his right wing anti sjw anti feminist jokes ripped straight out of 2013. that shit is most prevalent on his world of geekdom channel

anyway any chance at all its actually a brand new dragon ball anime post end of z 2ith Pan as the new main character with an October release date. like a .05 chance that happens atleast?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 14, 2019 5:33 pm

louisascommie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 pm Ajay and Yonko are fine people as far as I know

I don't like geekdom for his right wing anti sjw anti feminist jokes ripped straight out of 2013. that shit is most prevalent on his world of geekdom channel

anyway any chance at all its actually a brand new dragon ball anime post end of z 2ith Pan as the new main character with an October release date. like a .05 chance that happens atleast?
Either wait July by Toei announce in Japan or SDCC or DB World Tour (Idk about that one)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Spencer_23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:28 pmSuper will return at some point.
I think this is the only thing we know for sure. When and how is anyone's guess at this point.
louisascommie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 pmAny chance at all its actually a brand new dragon ball anime post end of z 2ith Pan as the new main character ?
I think we'll go past EOZ eventually but I don't think it'll be now. 2uper is most likely going to start with Moro which is before EOZ so we'll most likely remain in that time gap for another few years. In terms of Pan or anyone else besides Goku and Vegeta taking over the show, there's not even a slim chance of that happening.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Okay, so let me recap, I want to see if I'm up to date.

First: We were told that something in December was a possibility (possibility, not a confirmation) because of Jump Festa. That turned out to be a blunder because they covered everything BUT 2.0

Second: We were told that something in March was a possibility because...I forgot...It didn't work out though

Third: There was something in April. I forgot what happened here, too, but It was something "very strange" (I'm poking fun at Geekdom's catchphrase)

Fourth: Ajay said something about Goku day being a realistic announcement date for a July time frame. We got humiliated by heroes.

Fifth (current): Now that early May is completely out of the question, some random Twitter account comes out of nowhere and says to expect an announcement date in late May.

Sixth: According to
Now that the window for a May announcement date and a July air date is rapidly closing every day, a mistranslation has suddenly been detected and July might be the new announcement date.

I just know there's a South Park reference I could give this, I just need to find it.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:26 pm

The goalposts are consistently moving :lol:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue May 14, 2019 7:30 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:26 pm The goalposts are consistently moving :lol:
It's funny. When I first found out I told my brother about it, he laughed and said they were just going to keep pushing the dates and I didn't believe him.

I'm getting an earful of "I told you so!" now. :lol:
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:20 pmFirst: We were told that something in December was a possibility (possibility, not a confirmation) because of Jump Festa. That turned out to be Even worse than false because they covered everything BUT 2.0
Toriyama said he was working on "something new" so at least we got that. We don't know what it is though or whether or not it's even related to DB (it probably is).

We still have an ongoing manga so at least whenever they decide to air 2uper (hopefully sometime this year) they'll have something to adapt.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue May 14, 2019 9:22 pm

This is interesting, but I just find it hard to believe at some point Ajay wouldn't have eventually been specifically, painstakingly clear with these animators that he was asking about the AIR DATE. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm not coming at him in any way. Just a thought, because for 15+ people to all say "July" and none of them specified that was the actual air date is hard to believe, considering how confident Ajay, Geekdom, etc. were.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pmToriyama said he was working on "something new" so at least we got that. We don't know what it is though or whether or not it's even related to DB (it probably is).

We still have an ongoing manga so at least whenever they decide to air 2uper (hopefully sometime this year) they'll have something to adapt.
Will Moro arc be adapted in the anime?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Konja7 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm
sintzu wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pmToriyama said he was working on "something new" so at least we got that. We don't know what it is though or whether or not it's even related to DB (it probably is).

Will Moro arc be adapted in the anime?
Some people believe it might be, so I stop reading manga until further.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 15, 2019 3:15 am

Konja7 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pmWill Moro arc be adapted in the anime?
I don't see why it would be. It's a new story with new characters and involvement from Toriyama.