"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Game Project Z Action RPG" Announced.

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 pm Well the trailer at Microsoft’s presentation just dropped. The game is called Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.
Seems to just be Saiyan and Freeza Saga.

Early 2020 release date.
If they can nail those 2 arcs then it'll be enough. The sequel will cover Cell-Buu. I do wish we could get something that covers the original DB but it's clearly not profitable enough for such a game, unfortunately.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:57 pm

sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 pm Well the trailer at Microsoft’s presentation just dropped. The game is called Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.
Seems to just be Saiyan and Freeza Saga.

Early 2020 release date.
If they can nail those 2 arcs then it'll be enough. The sequel will cover Cell-Buu. I do wish we could get something that covers the original DB but it's clearly not profitable enough for such a game, unfortunately.
That’s true, and from the trailer I really think they’ll do it great. The graphics look great and gameplay seems alotta fun.

Also I noticed they actually showed Tien without his arm, which I like because for years the games have been censoring those scenes despite the T rating.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Did anyone catch Toriyama's message ?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 pm

sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm Did anyone catch Toriyama's message ?

Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Ajay wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks. :mrgreen:

Hopefully we can get some interviews to learn more about this.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 pm

I mean, it looks amazing and I would love to relive those events on ps4 but:

-They could have shown more gameplay and less cutscenes.

-They delayed it, and it only covers saiyan to frieza...time for some mods I guess.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:13 pm

anubisj wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 pmThey delayed it, and it only covers saiyan to frieza...time for some mods I guess.
If it's going to be as detailed as I think it will then anything more than those 2 arcs may be too much for one game. I'd rather a shorter story that's as close to the manga as possible over a longer one that skips parts of it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Ajay wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Oh I didn’t see this!! Interesting.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:17 pm

To be honest, as long as there some sort of free roam I’m perfectly fine with only two sagas. Like, after the credits instead of just “starting over” you can still play around with your completed game. Similar to Buus Fury.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Such a dumb name though. I miss when they used to be more creative. It will be hard to even discuss about this game because of people thinking I'm talking about the character.

First DBS Broly and now DBZ Kakarot. I hope the new anime series won't be just named DB Goku.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 pm

sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:13 pm
anubisj wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 pmThey delayed it, and it only covers saiyan to frieza...time for some mods I guess.
If it's going to be as detailed as I think it will then anything more than those 2 arcs may be too much for one game. I'd rather a shorter story that's as close to the manga as possible over a longer one that skips parts of it.
Yeah, I sort of agree. I´m sure it will be detailed, I would love to walk through open world Namek and Mount Paozu

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:24 pm

I really hope it’s not just for Xbox and PC. If so my hype just died.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:24 pm I really hope it’s not just for Xbox and PC. If so my hype just died.
Of course it's not. It'll be on Ps4 as well.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Just saw the trailer. Graphically, this game looks gorgeous. Definitely wanna see more of the gameplay, specifically the fighting mechanics what little we got definitely had a Raging Blast/Ultimate Tenkaichi vibe with a touch of Xenoverse. If it only goes through to the end of the Frieza Saga, I'd be okay with that if it's done well.

Very curious and excited! :thumbup:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:28 pm

They didn’t say PS4 on the list of consoles though, just Xbox and PC.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:28 pm They didn’t say PS4 on the list of consoles though, just Xbox and PC.
Non of the games did as they never market Sony's system.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:30 pm

This trailer was nothing special. I would have liked to see some open world exploration gameplay and I hope can we will get more details in the following days.

From what I have seen of the gameplay so far it doesn’t look that good: the effects are way too overblown to the point that not even pausing the video helps seeing it better. I also don’t like the glowing effect they gave to Super Saiyan Goku but considering how it’s very likely the game only goes up to Freeza, that won’t bother me too much.
Still, I would prefer if this could have more simple visuals resembling those of the anime instead of going for the usual “let’s add cool stuff over cool stuff to the point the image is almost completely covered in effects” thing, that also unfortunately made its way into Super with the Tournament of Power (but was thankfully toned down for Broly).

I have nothing against the game’s name and the idea of it only covering the first two major DBZ arcs, even though I hoped we would have been past that now that we have gotten brand new material to cover with Super, but I was at least hoping for graphics aiming for the grittiness and simple look Dragon Ball Z used to have. This doesn’t look much different from the plastic-looking stuff seen on Xenoverse, and it’s such a let down because I was expecting CC2 to aim for better fidelity to the anime.

I still won’t be writing off this game as the open world stuff and possible story additions may be worth it, but my expectations and hype are very low right now.

Oh, by the way I’m very happy to see Tenshinan actually losing his arm in this game. I think that’s a first for Dragon Ball games? That’s very cool.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pm

Come to think of it, they may actually cover more than Freeza as the game is a long ways off and it wouldn't make sense to show both arcs this far from release.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm

sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pm Come to think of it, they may actually cover more than Freeza as the game is a long ways off and it wouldn't make sense to show both arcs this far from release.
6 months is not a long way off. Cell and Buu aren't new. It's doesn't make sense from a marketing stand point at all to act like the game doesn't go up to them if the game has them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm
sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pm Come to think of it, they may actually cover more than Freeza as the game is a long ways off and it wouldn't make sense to show both arcs this far from release.
6 months is not a long way off. Cell and Buu aren't new. It's doesn't make sense from a marketing stand point at all to act like the game doesn't go up to them if the game has them.
7 or 8 months. I mostly side with it being up to namek but I'm not ruling cell out just yet.