"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:13 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm Shit, awesome remixes. Can't wait to hear the one … umm … the one where evil buu was punching the lights out of fat buu. Probably my favourite DBZ theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghprTTzgEg8

The theme I'm talking about starts at 1:36
That is a very good pick. Luckily it's also a very common theme and used in a lot of Buu saga battles so it has a high chance of being included.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:55 am

Jord wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:13 am
Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:46 pm Shit, awesome remixes. Can't wait to hear the one … umm … the one where evil buu was punching the lights out of fat buu. Probably my favourite DBZ theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghprTTzgEg8

The theme I'm talking about starts at 1:36
That is a very good pick. Luckily it's also a very common theme and used in a lot of Buu saga battles so it has a high chance of being included.
It's a rendition of the Saiyan/Super Saiyan theme initially used in the Bio Broly movie. I too hope it gets used, but in the event that it doesn't make it in, it's likely that we'll hear at least one rearrangement of one of its other many variations.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm sure we'll get a new trailer on Monday. It's opening night Live at gamescom, and V-Jump releases on Tuesday, so there's a good chance.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:10 am

Awesome! Can't wait to see Gero and 19 in this game!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:21 am

Okay, this new information is incredibly hyping.
Extra story with Gohan and 16 sounds absolutely insane, in a good way - especially if Toriyama is behind it!
And not only that, but it seems like we will get new characters too, which is incredibly interesting.

This game is definitely a must buy for Dragon Ball fans.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:42 am

Copping for the PS4 and PC day 1.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:57 pm

None new characters from Akira Toriyama for games have disappointed so far. Thank goodness he always puts quite some effort where it matters. So I'm looking forward to the new character(s).

A little bit more about Ginyu Force is cool, but hopefully there'll be a lot more and about other things too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:29 pm

A side story with Gohan and #16 was something I've been hoping for years. I hope to God there is some kind of narrative depth to it.

The driving mini game also sound really fun and I'm shocked no other Dragon Ball game has tried that yet.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:29 pm A side story with Gohan and #16 was something I've been hoping for years. I hope to God there is some kind of narrative depth to it.

The driving mini game also sound really fun and I'm shocked no other Dragon Ball game has tried that yet.
Watch it turn into a Dragon Ball version of TWisted Metal :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:38 pm

It's pretty exciting that a side story of Gohan and 16 in a video game is going to bring new context to one of the most beloved scenes in the franchise. Love living in another dbz game Renaissance, we had some dark times before xenoverse came along.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm

nato25 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:38 pm It's pretty exciting that a side story of Gohan and 16 in a video game is going to bring new context to one of the most beloved scenes in the franchise. Love living in another dbz game Renaissance, we had some dark times before xenoverse came along.
I'm the opposite really, as I feel like there doesn't need to be extra context for that scene at all.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Sin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm
nato25 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:38 pm It's pretty exciting that a side story of Gohan and 16 in a video game is going to bring new context to one of the most beloved scenes in the franchise. Love living in another dbz game Renaissance, we had some dark times before xenoverse came along.
I'm the opposite really, as I feel like there doesn't need to be extra context for that scene at all.
Yeah I'm on the same boat.
There's nothing to add, all the game will bring is redundancy or cheapen the scene. Weirder is, what does this offer for a game? Will this be a bird watching mini-game or something...

Driving school mini-game is welcome, it's material more interesting and with more potential.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:46 pm

This game is going to be great. It gives me a legend of Super Saiyan vibe to me but modern.

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Since it's confirmed we're getting filler (Driver's Test Mini-Game) what filler would you guys like to see?

I'd love to see the Princess Snake Episode and Otherworld Tournament Arc

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Fresh Prince wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:36 pm Since it's confirmed we're getting filler (Driver's Test Mini-Game) what filler would you guys like to see?

Goz and Mez! & Great Saiyaman vs. Red shark gang.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 am

No way, Goku and Piccolo in driveschool! Jeeeez, I needed this! :D
At first I was like NAH with the prospect with just Vegeta and Freeza, but I am really getting hyped.
I love the Buu arc the most and as Dragon Ball and the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai gets ommited all the time,
missing Buu arc was one of the reason I have never bought Burst Limit back in the day.

Sure, I am afraid it will get repetitive and boring like that One Piece Romance Dawn game on PSP back then.
Which was done beautyfuly as fan service TV show playtrough, but the missions inbetween the story parts were really daunting after the start.
But I think, I will enjoy Kakarot as a DB fan :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:05 am

Fresh Prince wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:36 pm Since it's confirmed we're getting filler (Driver's Test Mini-Game) what filler would you guys like to see?

I was going to say Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu vs. the Ginyu's but I just remembered they aren't playable.

Garlick Jr. Arc? Gohan vs. Tao Pai Pai?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:47 pm

The Cell Games 10-day waiting period has a few. Maybe playing some past stuff like Goku raising baby Gohan, Goku playing with those rings Tao Pai Pai gave him, Gohan saving that village from the rich guy that had a bunker. Chilling with Gohan and Krilin by the river. Some stuff involving Mr. Satan, perhaps? Krilin saving a family and escaping First Form Cell could also be quite entertaining. I don't think they'll add the Time Chamber, but it would be nice to train and teach Gohan how to go SS.

The Other World Martial Arts Tournament, face Freeza, King Cold and Cell when they were breaking stuff in hell. They could let us find out how to unlock SS3.

Not filler, but I'd love to shunkanido to Namek to bring Dende.