Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:57 pm

If what Chuck Hüber is saying about Sabat and Schemmel is true, it definitely doesn't make them look good. There are things in the response that seem valid (such as Erica's affidavit), but not much besides that. At this point, I just want to hear the verdict.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:20 pm

Unfortunately for Vic, they're not the ones being sued... though it is a shame it took so long for anyone at FUNimation to do anything about Vic.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:50 pm That's still pretty fucking rich coming from freeze peach warriors like beard and Rekieta. Saying "there's sexual content in the shows Funi produced so of course Vic will do something sexual" is no better than saying "video games have violent content so they cause violence".

It's super fucking weird too when they cite something Vic's not even in.
Yeah, about that...

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Note that Chuck acknowledges them as rumors. Rumors he "believes" are credible, but still rumors... The very thing that #ISWV has claimed to be against.

The hypocrisy continues to be stunning.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:33 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 pm Note that Chuck acknowledges them as rumors. Rumors he "believes" are credible, but still rumors... The very thing that #ISWV has claimed to be against.

That, annnnd him acknowledging the rumors stretched back to 2003.

Libel-proof.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:34 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm
Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:50 pm That's still pretty fucking rich coming from freeze peach warriors like beard and Rekieta. Saying "there's sexual content in the shows Funi produced so of course Vic will do something sexual" is no better than saying "video games have violent content so they cause violence".

It's super fucking weird too when they cite something Vic's not even in.
Yeah, about that...

Sorry but If I remember correctly all that ghost did was made people pick their nose till it bleed. Nothing perverted.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:35 pm

So, is Huber claiming that the reason people like Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard got cast in their respective roles was because they slept around a lot?

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:35 pm So, is Huber claiming that the reason people like Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard got cast in their respective roles was because they slept around a lot?
I can already imagine it. Funimation organizes a voice cast for DBZ Kai. But instead of Sabat testing out their voices, he makes the bed and says: "Those of you who dare to sleep with me tonight, will be guaranteed a role! " :lol:

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:33 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 pm Note that Chuck acknowledges them as rumors. Rumors he "believes" are credible, but still rumors... The very thing that #ISWV has claimed to be against.

Libel-proof.
In his affidavit, he acknowledges Vic's sexual promiscuity repeatedly. He also mentions that a producer warned the employees of Vic's arrival. Could it possibly be that Vic might be a liability or that there have been issues with Vic in the past? There are reasons that people at Funimation didn't look on Vic kindly, and it's probably due to his conduct, not them simply hating him.

Wouldn't surprise me if something happens regarding Hüber as well.

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:16 pm

gokaiblue wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:40 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:33 pm

Libel-proof.
In his affidavit, he acknowledges Vic's sexual promiscuity repeatedly. He also mentions that a producer warned the employees of Vic's arrival. Could it possibly be that Vic might be a liability or that there have been issues with Vic in the past? There are reasons that people at Funimation didn't look on Vic kindly, and it's probably due to his conduct, not them simply hating him.

Wouldn't surprise me if something happens regarding Hüber as well.
Isn’t the big narrative for why FUNimation supposedly hates him that he’s a devout Christian (even though he’s apparently a lecher)?

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:32 pm

^
Definitely part of it, and Chuck's affidavit seems to support this to an extent, but Vic's problems seem to have nothing to do with his faith.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:36 pm

gokaiblue wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:32 pm ^
Definitely part of it, and Chuck's affidavit seems to support this to an extent, but Vic's problems seem to have nothing to do with his faith.
I would say that Chuck Huber being a devout Christian would debunk the idea that FUNimation has it out for Christians, but he’s apparently claiming to be a victim as well, so I guess it doesn’t matter. The unfortunate thing is that since this lawsuit is taking place in Texas, they might actually garner some sympathy from the court.

Also, if Huber is claiming that a casting couch situation was the reason for people getting recast in Kai, does that mean that Stephanie Nadolny and Tiffany Vollmer are going to need to get involved in this shit show?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:36 pmThe unfortunate thing is that since this lawsuit is taking place in Texas, they might actually garner some sympathy from the court.
Not necessarily. There are sections of Texas that are pretty wildly liberal. Deep shades of blue, in an otherwise red state.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:36 pmThe unfortunate thing is that since this lawsuit is taking place in Texas, they might actually garner some sympathy from the court.
Not necessarily. There are sections of Texas that are pretty wildly liberal. Deep shades of blue, in an otherwise red state.
Well, I’m from Houston, and there certainly is a sizable amount of liberals here, but isn’t this lawsuit taking place in Dallas?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm Well, I’m from Houston, and there certainly is a sizable amount of liberals here, but isn’t this lawsuit taking place in Dallas?
A quick google search from a non-Texan tells me that it's somewhat liberal, at least by Texas standards. Not Austin, but still more blue than red.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Incidentally, the deep south is not the most red part of the country, it's the Great Plains states.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm

The very blue state of California had a judge give a infamously easy and light sentence to a rapist because said rapist was too privileged and swam good.

Not sure why the state’s political leanings would mean anything.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:06 pm

With Chuck Huber's affidavit being released, FUNimation now kind of looks like your average Hollywood studio, imo. If what Huber is saying is true, then Sabat to me seems no different than Harvey Weinstein. Of course, this also depends if anyone decides to come forward and speak up.
I'm glad that Vic Mignogna is gone, but now I'm wondering if there are other things happening within FUNimation that we don't know about.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:19 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:06 pm With Chuck Huber's affidavit being released, FUNimation now kind of looks like your average Hollywood studio, imo. If what Huber is saying is true, then Sabat to me seems no different than Harvey Weinstein. Of course, this also depends if anyone decides to come forward and speak up.
I'm glad that Vic Mignogna is gone, but now I'm wondering if there are other things happening within FUNimation that we don't know about.
It'd mean more to me, if it wasn't from guys who have every reason to want to make FUNi look bad.

I mean, it's not out of the realm of possibility... but this isn't like Vic being accused by +14 colleagues and industry insiders, as well as 30+ strangers, either. This is one guy, who's pretty clearly in favor of Vic.
Last edited by Fionordequester on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Someone explain to me how Chuck could've been recording DBZ Kai in 2007 when it wasn't released in Japan until 2009.

EDIT: Also...

This guy is clearly full of shit.
Last edited by Cursed Lemon on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃