Who hates GT??

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chronofanatic4282
Banned

Who hates GT??

Post by chronofanatic4282 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:39 pm

In my opinion GT sucks. Anyone else agree that the Buu Saga should have ended the dragonball series for good??

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:43 pm

No. No-one else has ever had that opinion. Ever. You are the first.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:53 pm

*smacks with mallot* I knight thee dubbie. I give you about a week before youre banned.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:05 pm

Well my fanatical friend (pun intended), you'll find about 90% of this board hates GT, including the webmasters. I on the other hand, thoroughly enjoyed watching it right to the end. Whether it was because of the improved art, the few interesting plot developments, or just laughing at the ridiculous segments. I had a lot of fun with it, and I think everyon else would've if they haden't felt so...offended, by GT's very existance.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:14 pm

Yeah, I'm more or less the same as Deus. I've loved all of GT I've seen (still missing some eps), and I watched it with the knowledge that GT wasn't that great and still liked it.

.. Hm.. That brings up a point.. I wonder if newer fans only hate GT because they think they're supposed to?

But anyway, I'm beginning to wonder if a topic like this should exist. I mean, there're still GT fans on this board, and this seems kind of.. mean.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:36 pm

B-kun wrote: .. Hm.. That brings up a point.. I wonder if newer fans only hate GT because they think they're supposed to?
That's an excellent point, and I couldn't agree more. That's kind of in the same vein of 00ber wannabe elite fans who spell out "Furiiza" and "Kuririn" despite having only seen the dub.

But yeah, I think it's just mostly due to the fact it's because fans hear about the general consensus of fans hating the show. Granted, a few of them arcs are stinkers (hated early Bebi stuffage), but for the most part GT is, at best, average.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:48 pm

Meri wrote:
B-kun wrote: .. Hm.. That brings up a point.. I wonder if newer fans only hate GT because they think they're supposed to?
That's an excellent point, and I couldn't agree more. That's kind of in the same vein of 00ber wannabe elite fans who spell out "Furiiza" and "Kuririn" despite having only seen the dub.
That's the reason I say Saichoru. Sometimes I feel like a "cheater" doing that, but none of the translated languages seemed to agree on how to translate his name so I went back to the source. Same with Kamesennin for me.
Meri wrote: But yeah, I think it's just mostly due to the fact it's because fans hear about the general consensus of fans hating the show. Granted, a few of them arcs are stinkers (hated early Bebi stuffage), but for the most part GT is, at best, average.
I think it also has to do with the fact that it surpassed DBZ logic involving the introduction of new baddies. After the Freeza saga there is NOBODY stronger than our Z crew in all the universe. So Toriyama invented something that blended all the strong guys together into one 00ber baddie. NOW there's nobody stronger than the Z crew. No, wait, apparently thanks to an ancient and powerful magic, there is. And to top it off he keeps absorbing the goodies to get stronger!

NOW there's nobody stronger. At all. Nowhere near close. So here's what we'll do for GT: rehash premises of DB/Z. On to which I say: BLEGH.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

chronofanatic4282
Banned

Post by chronofanatic4282 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:17 pm

Very sorry for posting a new topic that discusses peoples likes and dislikes of GT. I now know in the future that any controversial issues of DB/DBZ/DBGT will be bashed. I will now prance around like a sheep saying "oh everything related to DBZ is my God!" "No controversy here"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:23 pm

chronofanatic4282 wrote:Very sorry for posting a new topic that discusses peoples likes and dislikes of GT. I now know in the future that any controversial issues of DB/DBZ/DBGT will be bashed. I will now prance around like a sheep saying "oh everything related to DBZ is my God!" "No controversy here"
So some people were sarcastic towards your thread. Are you completely oblivious as to WHY?! It was a very typical nonsense question posted with not the greatest of grammar. Does anyone really care who your favorite character is? Does anyone really care what your favorite song is? Does anyone really care what your favorite episode is? Does anyone really care if you like GT? It's that kinda thing, ya' know? Just really basic, "busy-work" kinds of questions that don't really add any substance to a real conversation.

I've warned your grammar in one thread, and now your attitude in this thread. Keep it up, and you be outta here~
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

chronofanatic4282
Banned

Post by chronofanatic4282 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:29 pm

(Cooling down now) But for the love of god what was wrong with the grammer!!!!!!!!! :shock:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:31 pm

chronofanatic4282 wrote:grammer!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. :roll:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::