Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 pm Sexual harassment is bad and the affects it has on our spaces really hurts. I hope this helps to expose more creeps and gets them removed from our spaces.

Also, fuck Hazukari.
I also feel like I've learned a lot, watching this whole thing go down. My College professors always talked about institutional and societal injustices, but I never once saw it with my own two eyes.

Now I have. Plus I met you, Kinokima, and others on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum! You wouldn't mind if I occasionally picked your brain about other social justice issues, would you? From time to time?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:29 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 pm Sexual harassment is bad and the affects it has on our spaces really hurts. I hope this helps to expose more creeps and gets them removed from our spaces.

Also, fuck Hazukari.
I also feel like I've learned a lot, watching this whole thing go down. My College professors always talked about institutional and societal injustices, but I never once saw it with my own two eyes.

Now I have. Plus I met you, Kinokima, and others on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum! You wouldn't mind if I occasionally picked your brain about other social justice issues, would you? From time to time?
Go ahead. I'm not at home right now but when I get back next week I'll have a keyboard to do some actual writing.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:07 pm

I've got the EXCLUSIVE footage of the ruling. You'll only see it here, folks!
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:29 pm Go ahead. I'm not at home right now but when I get back next week I'll have a keyboard to do some actual writing.
Perfect. I'm still a centrist with a Republican upbringing, so I can't guarantee that I won't accidentally offend. But, I'm always willing to learn :) !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Also, fuck Hazukari.

You keep confusing me with other people. I never shared my sexuality on here :)

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Kinokima wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 pmYou keep confusing me with other people. I never shared my sexuality on here :)
Jeez, how do I keep making that mistake?! Oh well, you're still cool either way :lol: !

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm
Jeez, how do I keep making that mistake?! Oh well, you're still cool either way :lol: !
i've shared my sexuality and gender identity in the thread but i doubt you were talking about me.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Is there a link to this thread people keep bringing up?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:29 pm There's no curse, just great advertising for a terrible product.

All of the Vic stans preordered and now they're getting the full No Man's Sky experience.

(I wish I had a better example than NMS, which was a product of rushed release and losing the entire game midway through development only to eventually deliver on most of the promises, but whatever)
Personally I would've gone with Fallout 76. MUCH more broken, and also spearheaded by over-promising Todd Howard.
ABED wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm Earnest question, but what's the value of this thread now? In the beginning I could see the genuine value of talking about this case and about sexual harassment in general. However, this his gone beyond that and now it feels like the over-coverage of the OJ Simpson trial.
Because the topic of Vic itself is something that'll permeate through a LONG time. The legal drama brought a lot of attention towards him, but even if that didn't happen there'd be news of "oh so-and-so company refused to hire him" or "so-and-so company did hire him, what does that say about the company's character?", and so on.

That aside, for me the win here is against Beard. Vic's had his punishment by being fired and unable to perform his most iconic roles, but Beard has been such an obnoxious pratt in defending him that it's satisfying to see actual, "pants up hat straight" lawyers throw the book at him square in the nose.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 pm

The case isn’t even over yet. Everything was dismissed for Jamie and everything except defamation for Funimation and Defamation and conspiracy I believe for Ron and Monica. The judge will rule on these in 30 days

So as the case isn’t completely over I don’t see why the thread should be closed.

Still it’s pretty huge loss for Vic and it went exactly how all the lawyers (who actually know the law ) on Twitter said it would go

Also if people aren’t interested just don’t read or reply to the thread.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Kinokima wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 pm Also if people aren’t interested just don’t read or reply to the thread.
Yep, I do that all the time, even to entire sections of these forums!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Dallas News gives a pretty good wrap of the whole thing: https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm ... holy-mess/

The reporter, Sharon Grigsby tweeted that Ty refused to talk to her despite being the only court reporter there. No doubt so that he and Nick can later accuse her of being "the bias".

This has been fun. Defamation is probably going to get squashed at the next ruling, leaving Vic with a lot of legal bills to pay. I wonder if his supporters even realise all their GoFundMe donations are probably going to end up going toward Rial and co?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm I wonder if his supporters even realise all their GoFundMe donations are probably going to end up going toward Rial and co?
Not sure if it's possible, but if they can pull their funding I can easily see them doing so just so their money doesn't go towards the enemy, leaving Vic out of pocket.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:47 pm Is there a link to this thread people keep bringing up?
That would be this. Here's another lawyer who was present, as well as our own Terez.

Bonus: despite Rekieta's spinning, ISVW's currently having a meltdown.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 pm
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:47 pm Is there a link to this thread people keep bringing up?
That would be this. Here's another lawyer who was present, as well as our own Terez.

Bonus: despite Rekieta's spinning, ISVW's currently having a meltdown.

I have to say, seeing them break down like this brings some level of guilty gratification. Its almost cartoonish the reactions in that image(seriously the one about Vic being the anime protagonist is hilarious, deeply insightful and troubling). Also, reveals exactly the kind of people the ISWV crowd always were, and how they would always be unwilling to accept the verdict, even at this stage where its not completely finished, people are still spewing shit about "the judge being paid off".

These reactions are just too good in how absolutely awful they are.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:17 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:14 pm I have to say, seeing them break down like this brings some level of guilty gratification. Its almost cartoonish the reactions in that image(seriously the one about Vic being the anime protagonist is hilarious, deeply insightful and troubling). Also, reveals exactly the kind of people the ISWV crowd always were, and how they would always be unwilling to accept the verdict, even at this stage where its not completely finished, people are still spewing shit about "the judge being paid off".

These reactions are just too good in how absolutely awful they are.
See also: Never My Fault

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 pm

You're doing them a disservice by suggesting all of them are being like that. The ones I saw here were more along the lines of "defeated acceptance". Not so much accepting that Vic was guilty, just that they lost. Lots of...

"I don't know man. I'm ISWV, but, this isn't looking too good..."

"Man, Ty sure botched that one, didn't he?"

"Fine. Whatever. We admit defeat."

And other things.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 pm

That anime protagonist example is really, REALLY disturbing...
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 pm

I'm not going to lie - reading the ANN article and it's comments, the Dallas News article, this thread's new posts since this morning, and Twitter? It's all giving me life after a long day at work.

I mean...someone said it already, but I have to agree. We knew Vic's lawyer was awful at what he was doing, but to mess it all up this badly? MOTHER OF GOD. It's almost too pathetic and sad to be funny, and yet, I keep laughing. So fucking good. :lol:

And am I to understand (as I believe it was stated in both) that Vic wasn't even at the court? WOW. Either he knew this was all about to go belly up and just didn't want to witness it with his own eyes, or he's just that conceited and arrogant to think he doesn't even need to be there to win. Either way, what a bold and badly planned move.

Any predictions on how long it'll take the judge to decide on the rest of the charges? I know he has up to 30 days, but I'd be willing to bet it won't take him an entire month.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 pm Any predictions on how long it'll take the judge to decide on the rest of the charges? I know he has up to 30 days, but I'd be willing to bet it won't take him an entire month.
30 days? Maybe he's waiting for Namek to blow up!