Old Gamecube tech demo ?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Old Gamecube tech demo ?

Post by Sin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:30 pm

I have recently been looking through some old magazines and came across a couple from 2002, before the release of Budokai. The oldest magazine states that there is going to be a game like Powerstone but for Dragon Ball Z, which will be released on PS2 and Gamecube. It shows a photo of Kame House which doesn't look like anything from Budokai at all (I can scan this if needs be).

The second magazine is from when the games were finally announced and had more info on them, it again makes reference to the Gamecube having a different version from the PS2 game. By this point I'm kinda assuming it is just a tech demo of Budokai or something, but I couldn't find much info online and a lot of images seem to have gone down over the years so hard to come across.

dualist
Regular

Re: Old Gamecube tech demo ?

Post by dualist » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm

I think I actually remember this and recall footage flying around and it looked like an action/adventure game. I was hyped but nothing ever came of it.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:07 pm

I wonder if maybe those models might've been reused for the Budokai cutscenes?

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:40 am

Could be an early version of DBZ: Sagas, which was developed in America, and released on the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox in early 2005. It's entirely possible it had prototypes in existence as early as 2002.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.