Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:58 pm

None of the characters are at full strength so I don't see why Hit can't fight side-by-side with Jiren and Gogeta. Power is not the most important thing, expression is.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:45 pmLuckily, this mediocre anime does not reflect how the game is, which I've been hearing is really cool.
And all would do well to keep that in mind at all time. If you didn't like the anime version, try the manga or especially the arcade.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Great idea. let me fly right over to japan to try the arcade game and play in a language that i dont understand

the manga version making ssj4 vegito job to cumber and having MUI goku save him will forever haunt my dreams

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:44 pm

That is the second time you try sarcasm at me, only to fail again. We have translators for both media so that we can understand what is going on. A third time will get you reported, so please avoid any further bad faith "contribution".
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:52 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:40 pm Great idea. let me fly right over to japan to try the arcade game and play in a language that i dont understand
The SDBH anime is also only meant to be watched from Japan, considering how it's region-locked. It may not be nice to face this, but Dragon Ball Heroes in general isn't meant for those of us who are outside of Japan. (There are exceptions to this, but not many.)
We're already seeing the SDBH anime and manga through "alternate means". We have to make do for the game as well.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Eh Hearts was just another delusional dummy, like Zamasu.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:54 pm

About the latest episodes:

Ep. 17:

- Could that Hearts snap be a reference to Thanos? Oh probably not lol

- That Gravity Finale is kinda a cool technique, but after a bunch of explosion and effects nobody got killed :roll:

- Isn't there something about if the par doing the fusion is somewhat injured, the fusion itself it will be not as a strongest as it should be? :think:

Ep. 18:

- Still need to rewatch the movie, but that SSJB Gogeta transformation scene was one of the best I ever seen from him

- So Hearts can summon an red asteroid that instantly becomes a supernova? Seems legit.

Ep. 19:

- Even though I appreciate the use of Hit and Jiren assisting Gogeta in defeating Hearts, I still find pretty cheesy and repetitive to a DB material in general

- That punch could at least pierce his chest, right? Too bad this is something we'll never see in the series anymore due to stupid media censorship

- As much as I find it interesting Hearts last words... Still seems to be like a forced attempt to his character have some depth that is definately not present in this mini series

- Also still pretty lame how easy Gogeta defeated him... I mean Hearts proclaims himself as the power of the Multiverse and says he's capable to defeat even Zeno... This means SSJB Gogeta is that strong already? Don't make me laugh :lolno:

- It seems the story not over yet... I wonder what will be Fu next experiment
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Brojack
Banned

Post by Brojack » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:13 pm

When is this getting dubbed or released on DVD?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:30 pm

Brojack wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:13 pm When is this getting dubbed or released on DVD?
Never. It's a promotional anime meant to be a part of the Dragon Ball Heroes game. Bandai doesn't seem keen on actually promoting Heroes overseas, nor just officially releasing the episodes outside of Japan. As for a dub, not likely either. I'd like one, though. They have the perfect platform to stream these episodes, that being the game itself. FUNi could dub some episodes in batches after they'd get some out in Japanese with subs through some kind of in-game streaming service or a separate app. Shame.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Brojack wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:13 pm When is this getting dubbed or released on DVD?
The SDBH promo anime is released as region-locked Youtube videos only meant to be seen in Japan. Based on that, I think it's very unlikely that any official dub will be made. As far as a DVD/BD release goes, that's a bit more possible, but I haven't heard anything about it at least.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Alruneia wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:09 pm
The SDBH promo anime is released as region-locked Youtube videos only meant to be seen in Japan. Based on that, I think it's very unlikely that any official dub will be made. As far as a DVD/BD release goes, that's a bit more possible, but I haven't heard anything about it at least.
Where on YouTube?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:37 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:16 pm
Alruneia wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:09 pm
Where on YouTube?
They're on the official SDBH Youtube channel, but you'll probably need to proxy yourself over to Japan in order for them to show up. (Even if any of the episodes do show up for users who aren't "in Japan", which episode 19 does for me, they can't be viewed.)

Brojack
Banned

Post by Brojack » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:28 pm

But if they dubbed it and released it on Home Video people would buy it and it'd make money that way.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 pm

Somehow I don't think Funimation would view a compilation of commercials for an arcade game we don't get in the US as a fortuitous venture financially, especially when those commercials can already be watched online for free and also aren't really good at all.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:45 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 pm Somehow I don't think Funimation would view a compilation of commercials for an arcade game we don't get in the US as a fortuitous venture financially, especially when those commercials can already be watched online for free and also aren't really good at all.
If Bandai commission them to do it just like the video games, then they would.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:25 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 pm can already be watched online for free
Like DBS anime and manga too.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:55 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 am So how was Hearts able to erase Fused Zamasu again? I get that he became very powerful, but that alone shouldn't be enough to erase an immortal being. Especially since Fused Zamasu already survived Zeno's Erase technique thanks to Fu's intervention.
Maybe he took a page from the Arrowverse and shrunk Zamasu for infinity just like what happened to the Anti-monitor.

But let's be real, they can easily say he survived Hearts and have him back at any time.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1229 ... 01792?s=20

Goku and Vegeta have new outfits, and a video is coming up.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Majin Demigra wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 am https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1229 ... 01792?s=20

Goku and Vegeta have new outfits, and a video is coming up.
Not gonna lie, I actually really like that new outfit for Goku. The black on orange looks nice.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.