"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:33 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 pm
we are so close i can feel it ....

Image
Image

anyway it was obvious that characters go on together as cookies and milk

the other characters can be anyone ...
but the most necessary would be ..
1.-roshi the second most requested character ...
2.-Raditz first villain and brother of the protagonist
3.-Omega shrenron .. is worthy and serves to complement Goku GT
4.-Majin vegeta, Pan GT or Pikkon are a possible option
5.- Dabura more representatives of the buu arc are necessary

User avatar
Peach
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Peach » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm

I'm sick of all these lousy Super characters.

Where are the classics from Z?

Dabura, Pikkon, Super Buu, Hercule with his Jet Pack.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4240
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:47 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:40 pm
lol at that fanservice outro for Kefla :lol:
Giggidy.

The news about the assist moves add ons for S3 definitely makes me want to pick up the game again. Even if I have to suffer from UI Goku apparently having all the dodge hax in the world. Jeez, and I thought Gogeta and GT Goku was annoying to fight.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:50 pm

So, we stuck with this strange stage select screen, smh

User avatar
mute_proxy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Beiga wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:46 pm
All FighterZ models are wonky looking in stills. They're designed to be seen in motion with exaggerated proportions on the hands/feet to make the hits have more impact visually.
It's not a still problem, he has huge hands when they're not clenched into fists

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Peach wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm
I'm sick of all these lousy Super characters.

Where are the classics from Z?

Dabura, Pikkon, Super Buu, Hercule with his Jet Pack.
the game .. is located at a point in the plot of super that is not a valid complaint
none of those characters is better than the ones we already have ..

just play another game of the thousands where they appear that characters... :roll:

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Peach wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm
I'm sick of all these lousy Super characters.

Where are the classics from Z?

Dabura, Pikkon, Super Buu, Hercule with his Jet Pack.
Mate, all the classics from Z are already in the game. You listed a henchman, a filler arc tourney rival, a mid-level form of an existing character, and a character who is genuinely iconic, but probably not likely to make the cut for this game. And FighterZ isn't the type of game to give characters jetpacks.

User avatar
Peach
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Peach » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm
Peach wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm
I'm sick of all these lousy Super characters.

Where are the classics from Z?

Dabura, Pikkon, Super Buu, Hercule with his Jet Pack.
Mate, all the classics from Z are already in the game. You listed a henchman, a filler arc tourney rival, a mid-level form of an existing character, and a character who is genuinely iconic, but probably not likely to make the cut for this game. And FighterZ isn't the type of game to give characters jetpacks.
Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu and was in Z more than any other Buu. You're really downplaying Pikkon and Dabura btw. Broly was a movie character and he got in. These characters are much better than people like Hit, Jiren, and Kefla. They're classics.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Peach wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm
Kataphrut wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm
Peach wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:44 pm
I'm sick of all these lousy Super characters.

Where are the classics from Z?

Dabura, Pikkon, Super Buu, Hercule with his Jet Pack.
Mate, all the classics from Z are already in the game. You listed a henchman, a filler arc tourney rival, a mid-level form of an existing character, and a character who is genuinely iconic, but probably not likely to make the cut for this game. And FighterZ isn't the type of game to give characters jetpacks.
Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu and was in Z more than any other Buu. You're really downplaying Pikkon and Dabura btw. Broly was a movie character and he got in. These characters are much better than people like Hit, Jiren, and Kefla. They're classics.
why?
in movements ... hit is better than pikkon and as a character hit is still better
Zamasu >>> super buu also have kid buu, fat buu and A 21 why other buu?
dabura has more movements ... than kefla but as a character ... it is not better

that something be "old" does not mean that it is better than something "new" just because yes ... at least not the characters you mention

User avatar
Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm
and a character who is genuinely iconic, but probably not likely to make the cut for this game. And FighterZ isn't the type of game to give characters jetpacks.
Similar words was said about movie characters and GT characters and here we are having Broly, Cooler and GT Goku. Mr. Satan would be dope.

User avatar
Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gligarman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Realistically I'm betting the new characters will likely be Cooler, Toppo and probably another variant of Vegeta or something. If I had my choice in addition to Toppo I'd have Muten Roshi and Yajirobe. I'd also love it if they had Abo and Kado!!!!

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Gligarman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm
Realistically I'm betting the new characters will likely be Cooler, Toppo and probably another variant of Vegeta or something. If I had my choice in addition to Toppo I'd have Muten Roshi and Yajirobe. I'd also love it if they had Abo and Kado!!!!
Uh, we already have cooler?
Until the Battle is Won.

- WEST POINT, 2021

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5323
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Gligarman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm
Realistically I'm betting the new characters will likely be Cooler, Toppo and probably another variant of Vegeta or something. If I had my choice in addition to Toppo I'd have Muten Roshi and Yajirobe. I'd also love it if they had Abo and Kado!!!!
Abo and Cado are definitely never going to happen. They're characters from an OVA that never even got an official release outside of Japan. The biggest chance was in RB2 when they put Tarble in, but that ship long since sailed.

It'd be like if it they added Panput or Man-Wolf. Nobody cares about them.

Also geez that hands for UI are huge, they look like claws lmao.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:10 pm

Image

Nightbane
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:43 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nightbane » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:44 pm

The fact that there's an empty spot where 21 used to be, along with the fact that we're getting 5 characters means someone is gonna be pairless (i.e, UI Goku and Kefla, Vegetto and Zamasu, ect) gives me hope that Moro might actually make it in. I feel like the spot for 21 used to be at is being reserved for a crazy, important, and mega hype character and Moro fits exactly that.

I'm not sure who else it would be, we're getting 2 characters that are going on the Heroes side and 2 characters that are going on the Antagonists side, and 1 character that's going to be in the middle implying they're going to be a big WTF character. The only characters that fit there would be Moro, Towa/Mira, Demigra, or Cumber.

User avatar
Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gligarman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:18 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:35 pm
Gligarman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm
Realistically I'm betting the new characters will likely be Cooler, Toppo and probably another variant of Vegeta or something. If I had my choice in addition to Toppo I'd have Muten Roshi and Yajirobe. I'd also love it if they had Abo and Kado!!!!
Uh, we already have cooler?
Oh damn. I completely forgot! Lol.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:24 pm
Kataphrut wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm
and a character who is genuinely iconic, but probably not likely to make the cut for this game. And FighterZ isn't the type of game to give characters jetpacks.
Similar words was said about movie characters and GT characters and here we are having Broly, Cooler and GT Goku. Mr. Satan would be dope.
Those characters didn't need jetpacks to fly though. That's the barrier.

I'd love to be proven wrong, I'm just saying that's how it's been so far.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:53 pm

Nightbane wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:44 pm
Moro, Towa/Mira, Demigra, or Cumber.
I don't see any of those characters possible unpopular or not known

that position could be for omega shenron technically is the final villain

User avatar
Bryesque
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bryesque » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:00 pm

We've gotta get Roshi this time, right? ...right?

I'm really hoping we don't get another Vegeta variant. I'd rather see Cabba if they have to keep adding Saiyans. But I hope they dig a little deeper: Zarbon, Tao Pai Pai, King Piccolo? Chi-Chi could be a fun one, too.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Bryesque wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:00 pm
We've gotta get Roshi this time, right? ...right?

I'm really hoping we don't get another Vegeta variant. I'd rather see Cabba if they have to keep adding Saiyans. But I hope they dig a little deeper: Zarbon, Tao Pai Pai, King Piccolo? Chi-Chi could be a fun one, too.
If wants variety, they are all good options.

I still don't understand why someone want to cabba is not a character with original techniques or more memorable fights

Post Reply