How strong was Melone from Kakarot

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How strong was Melone from Kakarot

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Now let's clarify how beastly this guy is. He ate a yucker melone which propelled his power higher than and or around Krillin and Gohan on Namek. The fruit offered a x50 increase apparently. Now when he fought Piccolo, Piccolo thought he was weak but I doubt he was really trying. How strong is this monster (haven't finished the game, if he comes back let me know)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: How strong was Melone from Kakarot

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Oof. This is a tough one.

You mention the fruit, which is important, alongside Piccolo's analysis. I wonder what other kinds of fruit intake there could be that might do even more? Maybe stuff he doesn't know about? It's a big galaxy after all! So much stuff could contribute and change his strength makeup.

Man, I really don't know. After weighing all the options, I just gotta concede that's he's probably only about as strong as your typical tour guide.

(Fun fact for those who don't know: his name is スイッカ Suikka in Japanese. That's an obvious adaptation of スイカ suika, which means "watermelon". As opposed to pretty much every other name in the franchise from the official rights holders, instead of keeping the name or changing it to something unrelated with some weird corruption of the spelling that if you squint and take a couple shots you might kind of see where they were coming from, in this case they actually goddamn localized his name. "Melone" is an obvious adaptation of "melon"... which is where the name comes from in Japanese... and elongates a syllable in the name just like it does in Japanese...)

(Some of the only other examples like this are in Viz's English manga translation, where Pui-Pui becomes "Pocus".)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How strong was Melone from Kakarot

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Melone could have been Freeza, Cell, and Kid Buu at the same time without trying.