Ideas for Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Ideas for Super

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:48 am

Hey folks, I wasn't sure where to make this thread, but I figured that since it's Super we are talking about it would make the most sense to be here.

I have noticed that several people have some rather unique ideas for the future of Dragon Ball and I wanted to make a thread asking you what original ideas you may have for Super.

Since the canonization of old concepts has been a repeated talk.... Also, any changes you would make to what Super has already given us in both the Manga and the Anime?

Let's get this discussion going!
Last edited by Grand Marshal 1 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Ideas for Super

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:12 am

I'd like a mystery story that involves multiple new characters, but one is actually a bad guy pulling the strings from behind the scenes. I think Frost would've been perfect for this, acting like a good guy helping stop wars, but actually being the one starting and controlling them. It's a shame they wasted him and that potential.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:12 am I'd like a mystery story that involves multiple new characters, but one is actually a bad guy pulling the strings from behind the scenes. I think Frost would've been perfect for this, acting like a good guy helping stop wars, but actually being the one starting and controlling them. It's a shame they wasted him and that potential.
Sounds interesting. Perhaps some kind of thing going on with him escaping the authorities in U6 like before he was recruited for the ToP.
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:20 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 amSounds interesting. Perhaps some kind of thing going on with him escaping the authorities in U6 like before he was recruited for the ToP.
What I would've liked to see is him keeping up his good guy act until the end, then ask for Goku's help stopping a war in U6. Once there, we find out half way through that it's him who starts wars, and he wanted to get rid of U7's warriors so that he could do the same thing in U7.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:24 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:20 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 amSounds interesting. Perhaps some kind of thing going on with him escaping the authorities in U6 like before he was recruited for the ToP.
What I would've liked to see is him keeping up his good guy act until the end, then ask for Goku's help stopping a war in U6. Once there, we find out half way through that it's him who starts wars, and he wanted to get rid of U7's warriors so that he could do the same thing in U7.
That's some main antagonist tier of things. So yeah a very cool idea. Too bad Frost was used as a callback to Freeza (who just returned in the previous arc lmao) and as a plot device to show more of Freeza. Don't get me wrong I loved Super's interpretation of Freeza. He grew a lot compared to Z.

But Frost def shouldn't have shown his true colors right when he was introduced. I have this Palpatine-like figure from Star Wars in my head, but Frost is actually the one behind it all, as you said.

Him interacting with Saiyans would also be cool. Just imagine people like Cabba viewing him as a hero, unlike the U7 Saiyans and Freeza and them following him into battle on their own decision.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:48 am

The first thing that comes to mind concerns the God hierarchy and mostly surrounds Zeno, the Grand Priest, and Zalama. Why is Zeno the ruler of everything when he is just a kid? Why does he have all that power? Where does the Grand Priest come from and how did he end up in that position? Who or what is Zalama the Dragon God and why is he nowhere to be found? Why did the Grand Priest let Zamasu execute his plan (I guess this is more of a plot hole)? There's still so much about the God hierarchy that we don't know, these are just some questions that need to be answered. And while having stuff to speculate about is cool, at some point there needs to be some pay-off to all this mystery.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:41 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:48 am Who or what is Zalama the Dragon God and why is he nowhere to be found?
I just have the idea that Zarama is the Grand Priest because we don't know his name, and it could come up as "twisty" reveal. There is also the fact that Angels know how to speak with Super Shenron.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:45 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:41 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:48 am Who or what is Zalama the Dragon God and why is he nowhere to be found?
I just have the idea that Zarama is the Grand Priest because we don't know his name, and it could come up as "twisty" reveal. There is also the fact that Angels know how to speak with Super Shenron.
That sounds plausible. At the same time however, is it worth it for the Grand Priest to get this kind of treatment? What if he is even beyond that hmm.

Although we could probably never get this explanations whatsoever and simply know that the GP was atop the strongest 5 of the cosmos and that's it. Very underwhelming, but also possible, given the treatment of the series.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:00 pm

For some reason the FUNimation dub treated Zalama and Super Shenron as the same being, because in ep. 31 Zuno said that the Super Dragon Balls can be used to summon the Dragon God Zalama. Honestly I don't know what's up with that. It doesn't really make sense that Zalama would imprison himself within his own creation, so I guess it's just a dub mistake.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Set BoG at the four year bit that it is. Have it happen, have Beerus promise to return in 6-8 years. Have Goku isolate to train for that very day. Start Super at EoZ and have Uub be a major character. Fitting Super in the ten years of peace is dumb.

I would have wanted SSG to be the only real god form along with SSJ Rose because I think that could still work. I don't like Blue. Ultra Instinct I like as Omen and Mastered is alright. But in terms of SSG and SSGSS Only keep SSG

Universe 6 tournament should go as normal, just swap Monaka with Uub. Have Uub have an interesting second mentor fight with Hit which leads to Hit respecting him and throwing the match. Show in that moment Uub has that same Goku like-quality of befriending others. Also, have Goku lose to Hit after a great fight and not accomplish the whole friend thing.

Scrap Frieza. As much as I like what they are doing with him now, the idea of bringing him back is silly and he doesn't need to be there.

Scrap T.O.P I think they should have done that after we have seen other universes firsthand. Have the final arc of Super 1 be the gang heading to universe 6 to fight off a canonized Hearts. Obviously tweak Hearts and a few members of his gang. (Zamasu shouldn't be one.). His final form was silly looking IMO so ditch that. Make Heart's motivation different like more geared towards Champa being a bad G.O.D Like maybe his crew is comprised of beings whose planets were destroyed in an unjust fashion and he seeks to hurt the G.O.D. Idk Hearts is kind of a place holder for vilain set un U6. Have Vegeta beat Hearts as he defends Sadala and his Saiyan people, along with his pride. Frost would also work given some sort of boost.

Do the Zamasu arc after the Universe 6 arc I just mentioned and have it be the final one for the first bit of Super instead of T.O.P.

No Zeno button.

I would have loved if Hit got hired by Gowasu to kill Zamasu. I would have just really loved to see Hit contribute more and get development. Plus I think he would work to make Goku Black stronger in a cool way other than Trunks, Vegeta, and Goku.

I would have preferred Gogeta vs Zamasu over Vegito because it makes more sense to me than his debut in the Broly movie. Zamasu hates mortals, use a mortal technique to fight him.

Have Infinite Zamasu cut. It makes no sense and is just a last-minute increase the stakes bit that isn't needed. Instead, have it when Gogeta defuses, Uub rushes in tapping into some of his power to hold off Zamasu. During this Goku should start a small Spirit bomb and give it to Trunks, almost like entrusting everyone in Trunks' hands. More People will start lending their energy as Trunks rubs the spirit bomb along the blade of his sword giving us the whole sword of hope thing. Uub is knocked away, and the sword of hope scene, as usual, killing Zamasu for real this time.

And of course, give love to other characters and don't have Zeno or at least don't reveal him yet.

Then End part 1 of Super with Beerus' return. So a cliffhanger

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:45 pm

I have two ideas:

1st Make everything known to public - Z fighters, enemies, Ki...
And have normal people take interest in training, or someone creating a video game world where main boss is next main villain.

2nd Have Yamcha surpass Daishinkan simply because he got offended for notbeing included into U7 ToP team, and just have him find some drunk but awesome teacher who out of thanks for booze, makes him very STRONK.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:40 am

Three words: Monkey King Arc.
Make it happen, Toyotaro & Toei!
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 am

What do you guys think of Vegeta fusing Trunks instead of Goku in Zamasu arc? This would give Trunks more participation in the defense of his timeline, and introduce a new fusion without taking anything of importance.

Since Vegeta can go ssjb, “Vegeks” would be almost as powerful as Vegetto. The only think that the fusion being of Gokū and Vegeta brings, is that Vegeta realizes that Gokū has perfected ssjb, but this can be presented other ways; Gokū still buys time with pssjb and saves the day using the Zenō button.
Talking of the fusion itself, I have a fine reason/excuse for this to happen, but want to know if you would like this instead in the manga. Or would you miss Vegetto?
Last edited by pepd on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 am

pepd wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 am What do you guys think of Vegeta fusing Trunks instead of Goku in Zamasu arc? This would give Trunks more participation in the defense of his timeline, and introduce a new fusion without taking anything of importance.

Since Vegeta can go ssjb, “Vegeks” would be almost as powerful as Vegetto. The only think that the fusion being of Gokū and Vegeta brings, is that Vegeta realizes that Gokū has perfected ssjb, but this can be presented other ways; Gokū still buys time with pssjb and saves the day using the Zenō button.
Talking of the fusion itself, I have a fine reason/excuse for this to happen, but want to know if you would like this instead in the manga.
Actually I'm personally all about new fusions. Since I follow up a lot with SDBH I wouldn't mind Vegeks appearing. And it would actually make far more sense, scaling wise.
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:51 am

Mad Swami wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:58 pm Set BoG at the four year bit that it is. Have it happen, have Beerus promise to return in 6-8 years. Have Goku isolate to train for that very day. Start Super at EoZ and have Uub be a major character.

I would have wanted SSG to be the only real god form along with SSJ Rose because I think that could still work.
I also think this is what should've happened. One thing I'd change is have SsjG be like fusion, where the ritual is needed any time someone wants to use it. This way it can't be overused.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:13 pm

All those arcs are basically floating around without having a lot of attachment.
I'd appreciate everything would get a 'higher meaning'.
For instance: Gokus and Vegetas training, the Tournament of Power serving in selecting, training the Multiverses strongest fighters to serve a bigger aim, to fight against a larger Multiverse threat at the ending of Super. So at the end of the line we can see Goku, Vegeta, Kefla, Hit, Jiren, Toppo ... all teaming up against a mutual foe.

I would like to see some crazy shit at the ending ...
I didn't dislike the idea during the TOP of Grand Priest being the big evil or demon in disguise.
It was only too soon, because GP was way too strong to handle for everyone during that arc.
Let's say he is the one forbidding the angels can interfer for a reason, because he has his own hidden evil agenda, in which he does not want the other angels to interfer.
The angels suspect something but they can't approach him alone, so they have sought help in the Saiyans and other strong fighters, as they had seen how strong they could become in such a relatively short period, in order to fight him together.
Before the final battle begins, evil GP manages to trick the Zenos into erasing each other, so he would have his 'hands of' during the end game.

I like the idea of a Zalama-infused Goku, a wish Whis had made with the Super dragon balls, who eventually nails "demonic GP," because he was the only fighter that could get the job the job done, as he is the best martial artist that has ever lived. Zalama had granted Goku this power because he wanted to fight in the body of the strongest mortal fighter that has ever lived. Whis had to train Goku to become stronger than the strongest angel (the strongest martial artist ever). That was 'Zalamas' wish in return, he wanted to feel the rush of fighting a real threat in the body of "the strongest possible martial artist ever" to fight in, as he has no true physical appearance himself. if Whis could manage to do so and make a mortal that strong, Zalama would enter Gokus body, in order to give him an unseen power which would enable him to defeat "evil GP", which eventually happened.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:53 pm

I want the existence of twin Zenos have significance, which I thought would be the case in the ToP; my theory was that U7 would be on the verge of erasure, but that would cause a conflict between our Zeno and future Zeno, because one is friends with Goku and one is not. Their subtle differences were hinted at in the ToP so maybe it will lead to an Arc someday, like a war or something. :thumbup:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:37 pm

I would like to see an organization of villains (similar to the Akatsuki, Espada, or Chimera Ants) that seriously incapacitate Goku and Vegeta.

...And it's up to the supporting characters to save them!

But because the villains are so powerful, I would have it be a heist mission where they storm the villain's headquarters and ALL go in seperate directions.

Group #1: Gohan & Piccolo

Group #2: Krillin and 18

Group #3: Tien, Chiaotzu, and Yamcha

Group #4 Hercule & Buu.

Group #5: Oolong

Group #6: Goten, Trunks, Pilaf, Mai, and Shu.

I would dedicate 2-4+ episodes for each group.

I would have:
- Gohan and Piccolo challenging one the big bad's servants. Maybe someone weaker who defeats Gohan with a special power and tactical prowess, that Piccolo has to defeat.

- Krillin and 18 challenging someone they are severely outclassed against, but must defeat.

- Tien, Chiaotzu, and Yamcha being outclassed by an opponent, knowing they're probably going to die, but having to fight harder than they ever have before to keep the enemy distracted long enough

- Buu defeating his own enemies, with Hercule providing much needed strategic leadership

- Oolong pretending to be be enemies even stronger than Goku and Vegeta. Struggling to stay transformed long enough and in character. Knowing internally if his cover is blown, everyone is DEAD. He has to stay transformed. Just a little longer! Oh no, he's slipping. Oh no! FIGHT IT OOLONG.

- Goten, Trunks, and the Pilaf stealing the dragon balls with the dragon radar, and running into unexpected enemies along the way.

The plan would go wrong. Some of them would die. Some of the villains would regroup unexpectedly. Some of the heroes would win unexpectedly and display will power they may have never shown before.

...And it all culminates with them somehow freeing Goku and Vegeta, and some LONG climactic fights.