How would you have handled GT?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How would you have handled GT?

Post by Peach » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 am

- Goku would stay an adult.

- Focused less on comedy and more on drama.

- The planet would actually shake violently during fights and when they charged up.

- Uub and Pan would go with Goku to get the black star balls.

- More of a focus on Uub and Pan in general.

- Pan would have gotten Super Saiyan.

- Pan would have blended together Hercule's style (dynamite kick, megaton clash attack, etc) with Gohan's

- Uub would have been powerful and not have just been reduced to fodder for Baby.

- Uub and Pan would have to fight and beat Golden Oozaru

- Bra would have been a fighter.

- Baby wouldn't be called Baby.

- Uub and Pan would have had completely different personalities. Uub would act like Kid Goku, Pan would be like a mix between early Videl and Launch.

- Super Saiyan 4 wouldn't have been shirtless

- Super Saiyan 3 Gottenks would have appeared during the three arcs.

- Cell and Frieza's return wouldn't have been treated like a joke. It could have been a saga on its own honestly.

- Better Art director

- A better voice director. The acting from Goku, Pan, Trunks, Baby, and everyone was awful at times.

- Different voice actors (Pan, Uub, and Baby needed it)

- No rap music or weird localized ambient music.

- More fast paced action and fast cutaways to emulate the feel of a manga. GT was way too "slow".

- Better fight choreography

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 am

I get some of the reasons why people want Goku to be an adult, but I don't know why there's SUCH a strong dislike of that one twist.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 pm

ABED wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 am I get some of the reasons why people want Goku to be an adult, but I don't know why there's SUCH a strong dislike of that one twist.
I don't think it's an issue of Goku being a kid as much as the length of which he stayed as one. He really should've been turned back into an adult after first going Ssj4. There's also the fact that the stories that focused on his kid self weren't very good at all.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm

I think the big problem with Goku being a kid for the entirety of a sequel series is that it just comes across as too gimmicky. It doesn’t have any purpose in the story beyond the initial arc.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:40 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm I think the big problem with Goku being a kid for the entirety of a sequel series is that it just comes across as too gimmicky. It doesn’t have any purpose in the story beyond the initial arc.
Yes, and Goku still being regressed to his child body really becomes almost a pointless afterthought especially by the time he unlocks Super Saiyan 4 battling against Baby. He literally could've wished on Shenron or Polunga to return him back to being an adult again at any time or even still transforming into 4 could've been written to break Pilaf's unintentional wish to the Black Star dragon from episode 1.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Could he just wish for that using Porunga? It's not clear.

I don't see why him turning SSJ4 would break the wish
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 pm

ABED wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:22 pm Could he just wish for that using Porunga? It's not clear.

I'm just guessing here, but surely he could've reversed the wish using Polunga but who knows. I don't see that as being something he couldn't grant.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:13 pm

I believe it was specifically stated that only the Ultimate Dragon Balls could be used to undo the wish, since they’re supposedly more powerful than the other sets. Regardless, if Goku was able suddenly turn back into an adult as a Super Saiyan 4, there’s no reason why they couldn’t have just kept him as an adult outside of that form. The simple explanation would be that the transformation is so powerful that it undoes the effect of the Ultimate Dragon Balls.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 pm
ABED wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:22 pm Could he just wish for that using Porunga? It's not clear.

I'm just guessing here, but surely he could've reversed the wish using Polunga but who knows. I don't see that as being something he couldn't grant.
It feels too easy.

I know this is all arbitrary but the SSJ transformations are natural. Okay, that line of what is natural and what is mystical is admittedly blurry, but it feels more physical in nature. Point being, a transformation being the thing to break a wish seems illogical.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:54 pm

ABED wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:49 pm

It feels too easy.

I know this is all arbitrary but the SSJ transformations are natural. Okay, that line of what is natural and what is mystical is admittedly blurry, but it feels more physical in nature. Point being, a transformation being the thing to break a wish seems illogical.
But the SSJ4 transformation is clearly different from the other three. Besides, the show already had Goku turning into an adult when he used that form, and gave him magic pants, so would the idea of it negating the wish altogether really be that big of a stretch?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:34 pm

It feels like a VERY easy out considering the power of a wish on those DB's causes Earth to blow up.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:02 pm

If GT had continued on and Evil Dragons was a new beginning, maybe have it so Goku and Shen Long become one and Goku gets his adult body back. Surely Goku possessing the power of Shen Long would be enough to undo the wish?

Also, Goku would mostly look like Goku except he now has a dragon tattoo somewhere on his body.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm

I wouldn't assume that after Dragonball Z, the viewership would want a back to basics storyline. I would open up the story to the multiverse. Seven Universes, 7 Super Dragonballs. Seven Nameks in fact. Something Something Namekian God, passed his knowledge of the Dragonballs to the first 7 'Gurus' of their Namek. But no one becomes a God, but there's a lot of fights.