My Dragon Ball Super rewrite

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: My Dragon Ball Super rewrite

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:06 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 am
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 pm

But Vegeta doesn't make sense for Ultra Instinct. It doesn't suit him. It is practically tailored for Goku. Also why no Zamasu? Why just G.O.Ds that sounds boring. What would be the themes and lessons? Why are the G.O.Ds so astronomically different in terms of power? Why would they fight the G.O.Ds?
This is my story. And I make the rules. In my story, Ultra Instinct DOES suit Vegeta! And you can call it boring all you want, but I don’t care about all these strange morals you guys seem to have. I only care about what makes sense from a progressive storytelling perspective. And as things stand now, only GODS should be allowed to touch Goku and Vegeta now. Not some stupid grey random space Alien, or another random hitman. The power creep has indeed gotten insane once you reach literal God level. And that’s exactly how I like it! No mortals shall ever touch Gods!

As for their conflict? A random reason will be provided for it I’m sure. The Gods of Destruction in my version of the story aren’t neccesarily neutral, and can in fact be quite malevolent! Like evil villains! The same goes for the Angels, though they are more laidback. Beerus and Whis are the nicest of their kind.

As for “WHY” they are so astronomically different in terms of sheer power level from the rest of the Dragon Ball characters...

It’s because they’re Gods of Destruction!

Literal destroyer Gods!

Get it? Their job is to destroy. Anything they wish!

It’s in their name!

Their title!

That’s why they have been granted with an exceptionally high level of battle power.. Of a whole new kind, previously totally unfathomed!
My point is why is Beerus leagues apart from the other G.O.Ds I know why G.O.Ds are strong independently lol. You completely missed the point. However, after re-reading my original statement I get your confusion. My question was why is Beerus>>>>every other G.O.D it doesn't make sense. No duh G.O.Ds are strong

Again why no Zamasu? No one said keep Jiren. Or if you were more "thinking" you could provide creative reasons to explain their strengths just saying. What do you mean by progressive? you boldened it to make it seem important? It's not like these are really challenging ideas so what do you mean? Sincerely curious
You make a good argument. There’s no reason for Beerus to be THAT far above the other GoDs I agree. But I was thinking how he was a moving goal post for Goku and Vegeta. I could have Beerus less than 25x stronger than initial SSJ God Goku and Vegeta. With the other Gods of Destruction being just a match for them.

As for Zamasu, I like him. I really do. But I have decided that this will be a God of Destruction and Angel only story. I only want the best of the best for our Divine Saiyan heroes to fight!

I mean “progressively” getting stronger obviously xD
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:08 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:06 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 am
This is my story. And I make the rules. In my story, Ultra Instinct DOES suit Vegeta! And you can call it boring all you want, but I don’t care about all these strange morals you guys seem to have. I only care about what makes sense from a progressive storytelling perspective. And as things stand now, only GODS should be allowed to touch Goku and Vegeta now. Not some stupid grey random space Alien, or another random hitman. The power creep has indeed gotten insane once you reach literal God level. And that’s exactly how I like it! No mortals shall ever touch Gods!

As for their conflict? A random reason will be provided for it I’m sure. The Gods of Destruction in my version of the story aren’t neccesarily neutral, and can in fact be quite malevolent! Like evil villains! The same goes for the Angels, though they are more laidback. Beerus and Whis are the nicest of their kind.

As for “WHY” they are so astronomically different in terms of sheer power level from the rest of the Dragon Ball characters...

It’s because they’re Gods of Destruction!

Literal destroyer Gods!

Get it? Their job is to destroy. Anything they wish!

It’s in their name!

Their title!

That’s why they have been granted with an exceptionally high level of battle power.. Of a whole new kind, previously totally unfathomed!
My point is why is Beerus leagues apart from the other G.O.Ds I know why G.O.Ds are strong independently lol. You completely missed the point. However, after re-reading my original statement I get your confusion. My question was why is Beerus>>>>every other G.O.D it doesn't make sense. No duh G.O.Ds are strong

Again why no Zamasu? No one said keep Jiren. Or if you were more "thinking" you could provide creative reasons to explain their strengths just saying. What do you mean by progressive? you boldened it to make it seem important? It's not like these are really challenging ideas so what do you mean? Sincerely curious
You make a good argument. There’s no reason for Beerus to be THAT far above the others GoDs I agree. But I was thinking how he was a moving goal post for Goku and Vegeta. I could have Beerus less than 25x stronger than initial SSJ God Goku and Vegeta. With the other Gods of Destruction being just a match for them.

As for Zamasu, I like him. I really do. But I have decided this will be a God of Destruction and Angel only story. I only want the best of the best for our Divine Saiyan heroes.

Ok lol I gotcha on the progressive thing. So how strong would the angels be compared to the G.O.D? Is it SSG is for G.O.Ds while UI is for angels?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:17 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:08 am

You make a good argument. There’s no reason for Beerus to be THAT far above the others GoDs I agree. But I was thinking how he was a moving goal post for Goku and Vegeta. I could have Beerus less than 25x stronger than initial SSJ God Goku and Vegeta. With the other Gods of Destruction being just a match for them.

As for Zamasu, I like him. I really do. But I have decided this will be a God of Destruction and Angel only story. I only want the best of the best for our Divine Saiyan heroes.

Ok lol I gotcha on the progressive thing. So how strong would the angels be compared to the G.O.D? Is it SSG is for G.O.Ds while UI is for angels?
Yes! SSG for GoDs while UI for the Angels.

As for how much stronger they would be.. Hmmm lets think about that..

I would put them at about “Over” 1000x God of Destruction level at the minimum.

So the weakest Angel would be 1000x stronger than the strongest GoD, which is Beerus. The strongest of the 12 Angels would be slightly less than 2000x stronger than Beerus.

As for the Grand Priest, he’s in a whole different dimension compared to his children!

So I’ve decided to have all the Angels in the same kind of realm. Whereas with the Gods of Destruction, there is a bit more room between them simply because of Goku’s and Vegeta’s growth as Godly warriors, and Beerus being a goal post.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:32 am

Actually wait, the Angels would be over 10.000x stronger than Beerus, since the mastered version of UI is 10x stronger than the initial version of UI, which is already 1000x stronger than Mastered SSJ God Goku & Vegeta (Who are 75% of Beerus, and above all the other Gods of Destruction).

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:33 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:17 am

So the weakest Angel would be 1000x stronger than the strongest GoD, which is Beerus. The strongest of the 12 Angels would be slightly less than 2000x stronger than Beerus.

As for the Grand Priest, he’s in a whole different dimension compared to his children!

So I’ve decided to have all the Angels in the same kind of realm. Whereas with the Gods of Destruction, there is a bit more room between them simply because of Goku’s and Vegeta’s growth as Godly warriors, and Beerus being a goal post.
Why would Saiyans be the only ones able to attain god-like power? Like sure its weird for random aliens to be able to be that strong, by why couldn't any other type of mortal matter? Your version just further alienates the other cool side characters.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:41 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:33 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:17 am

Why would Saiyans be the only ones able to attain god-like power? Like sure its weird for random aliens to be able to be that strong, by why couldn't any other type of mortal matter? Your version just further alienates the other cool side characters.
I mean, it’s literally my biased preference xD that is all. Saiyans are a warrior race, whom I love, so I’ve decided to give them special privilege. I understand that it’s unmeritocratic in this story of mine. But my feelings matter more xD I just want them at the top. They have an incredible battle history record afterall. They’ve proven themselves worthy.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:42 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 amThe whole Vegeta licking his fingers thinking about Freeza still being alive doesn't work for me though, I'm really done with Freeza for now, at least until late DBS, if at all.

You could even add that Freeza erased Namek right before heading to Earth, so only the SDBs could save them now.
I'm really glad you like the majority of it. :D

I'm not sure if I'm bringing him back or not, which why I just left the idea of him being alive a possibility rather than a sure thing. If I do, it'll be a lot further down than line than when he actually came back in the official story.

In terms of the Namakian DBs, I was going to have them go to Namek only to find that they were just used, meaning they'd have to wait an additional 4 months to get earth back. I decided against it to keep the story focused on the 2 universes instead. I guess I might add it in if I ever post these in the fan works section.
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:29 amI like the smooth transition and love others receive. I also enjoy a sense of urgency with U6 arc.

I have a feeling if you continue the connections that Trunks interrupts the tournament or something.
Thanks. :mrgreen:

I've already got the Zamasu arc planned out, and it will connect to everything else as the dragon team has already been introduced to him and Gowasu. Trunks will also play an important role, but I'm still figuring out what to do exactly with his timeline, as I don't want it to be the center of things like in the official version.

When it comes to the tournament of power, I'm honestly not even sure if I'll include it in my version, as there's very little to work with. I don't know if you've noticed, but in this version of Super, there's no Zeno or grand priest controlling things. Here, the universes are a hair away from getting into an all out war, and this will tie into Zamasu's anger over Goku and Vegeta reaching such a level of power.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:16 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:42 am
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 amThe whole Vegeta licking his fingers thinking about Freeza still being alive doesn't work for me though, I'm really done with Freeza for now, at least until late DBS, if at all.

You could even add that Freeza erased Namek right before heading to Earth, so only the SDBs could save them now.
I'm really glad you like the majority of it. :D

I'm not sure if I'm bringing him back or not, which why I just left the idea of him being alive a possibility rather than a sure thing. If I do, it'll be a lot further down than line than when he actually came back in the official story.

In terms of the Namakian DBs, I was going to have them go to Namek only to find that they were just used, meaning they'd have to wait an additional 4 months to get earth back. I decided against it to keep the story focused on the 2 universes instead. I guess I might add it in if I ever post these in the fan works section.
Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:29 amI like the smooth transition and love others receive. I also enjoy a sense of urgency with U6 arc.

I have a feeling if you continue the connections that Trunks interrupts the tournament or something.
Thanks. :mrgreen:

I've already got the Zamasu arc planned out, and it will connect to everything else as the dragon team has already been introduced to him and Gowasu. Trunks will also play an important role, but I'm still figuring out what to do exactly with his timeline, as I don't want it to be the center of things like in the official version.

When it comes to the tournament of power, I'm honestly not even sure if I'll include it in my version, as there's very little to work with. I don't know if you've noticed, but in this version of Super, there's no Zeno or grand priest controlling things. Here, the universes are a hair away from getting into an all out war, and this will tie into Zamasu's anger over Goku and Vegeta reaching such a level of power.
I honestly think Zeno is my least favorite aspect of Super. For some reason, he and the Grand Priest just suck the joy out of me. Maybe because they are a ceiling that's so stupidly high. Like Beerus and Whis are really strong but they never felt annoyingly strong. IDK maybe just me. A multiversal war seems interesting. Could allow characters like Piccolo to shine with his strategic ability

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 am

The only things I would rewrite are:

- Introduce Zamasu in the U6 arc and have him act in a friendly way towards the other gods like Shin, because it's always a good idea to introduce your fallen hero before they actually go insane to better convey the tragedy of the situation. Or just animate that manga scene about Gowasu recruiting Zamasu, both ways work.

- Make the "Future Zeno = Zamasu" theory become real, because why not. Just say that a piece of Zamasu's essence latched onto Future Zeno before he died and you're good to go, especially since Zeno is a naive kid who wouldn't notice these things.

Alternatively, since you really want these people to fight angels, you can make the Grand Priest evil. Here's how:

First of all, have the Grand Priest transcend time, since he's the father of the angels who possess time manipulation. Then have the Grand Priest form a secret pact with Zamasu to eradicate all mortals throughout the space-time continuum (I'm sure the writers can give him a solid motivation as to why he wants to do it). This way you also explain why the Grand Priest in the Future timeline never did anything about Zamasu killing his children and destroying all mortals. Finally, this reveals that the Tournament of Power was really just a quick way to get rid of all mortals (maybe Grand Priest would tempt the winner to make a selfish wish). There, the Grand Priest is now the main villain that Goku and co. have to defeat. You can even throw Jiren and Hit in there for that team-up that would make fans go crazy.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:07 am

I'll echo what everyone's saying about Matches' ideas, I like the transition between the two arcs. Though personally, I wouldn't change too much more about the U6 arc itself, I think it's pretty fine as it is. Don't care much for bringing in Gohan instead of Monaka - in fact I think Monaka's presence would be even more valuable in this scenario. In my slight amendment, Frieza does a sacrificial self-detonation so he definitely dies - Vegeta barely gets into Whis's barrier but Gohan doesn't make it. After seeing what Goku's capable of, Hit selflessly allowing himself to be defeated by Monaka would then have even more meaning. I definitely like the idea of Zamasu being introduced early, that's really clever! Makes sense since Zamasu is more of a fighter than other Kaioshin, of course he'd want to see a tournament between mortals.

I think my main rewrite would be to have Trunks and Mai remain in the main timeline at the end of his arc. Then we can have a perfect transition to the Tournament of Power. Not only are all the universes at stake, but now Trunks also has an opportunity to restore his timeline with the Super Dragon Balls. It's baffling that they missed this obvious opportunity. Although I love Tenshinhan, he really adds nothing to the Universe Survival arc, so Trunks could easily take his place. Maybe Buu could stay on for the whole tournament as well, but Frieza being a team member is much more important so I'm not bothered either way if he still falls asleep or not. Honestly, I'm satisfied that Buu got a showing at the Exhibition as consolation.

From another thread talking about how Videl could be given a role in the arc, I've warmed up to the idea of her being recruited to the Zen Exhibition instead of Gohan, purely to inspire Gohan to get back into shape for the main tournament. In this version, Goku meets Videl at Satan's house first, seeking Gohan. Gohan eventually comes out with Pan, but Goku is unwilling to tell this happy innocent family about the multiversal stakes of the tournament. Gohan is, as always, unwilling to get back into fighting, so Goku takes Videl aside and asks her to enter instead. Although she's lost the killer instinct, it's only an exhibition, so what harm can it do? Quite a lot, it turns out, but it works and when Gohan sees the state she comes back in, he's pissed that Goku pressured his wife into this dangerous situation, facilitating his angst-driven sparring matches against Goku later in the training arc.

Anyway, it would be super interesting to see Trunks be conflicted about having to team up with both Androids, and eventually come to trust them in spite of what their future counterparts did to his world. Trunks probably gets knocked out midway through the tournament and spends the rest of it stressing out in the bleachers that whoever wins might not wish for what he needs. However, since he bonds with 17 over the course of the arc, 17 wins and asks for all universes in all timelines to be restored would symbolise much more for his character development.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:48 am

The Zamasu arc Part 1:

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 am

Not really a rewrite, but more like notes off the top of my head about Super and how I would've wanted things to go.

Battle of Gods:
Resurrection F:

Universe 6:
Future Trunks:
Tournament of Power:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am

Hobby Bill wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 amBattle of Gods:

Had it not been for Beerus' line at the end about the multiverse, this could have been a nice epilogue for the franchise. Kind of a "there are always better fighters out there, keep training" message.
Beerus' line is exactly why it works so well as a final to the original manga before EOZ, as even if Goku someday manages to beat Beerus, there's an entire multiverse with countless stronger fighters. It ties in perfectly with the message of there always being someone stronger out there.

Hobby Bill
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hobby Bill » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am

Had it not been for Beerus' line at the end about the multiverse, this could have been a nice epilogue for the franchise. Kind of a "there are always better fighters out there, keep training" message.
Beerus' line is exactly why it works so well as a final to the original manga before EOZ, as even if Goku someday manages to beat Beerus, there's an entire multiverse with countless stronger fighters. It ties in perfectly with the message of there always being someone stronger out there.
Sure. But Beerus explicitly mentioning "12 universes" makes it sound more like set up. When I said "..better fighters..." I was referring to Beerus, Whis, and the other fighter implied when he said "You are the second strongest opponent... ".

But I do see where you're coming from. It's just that the line is too specific for me to call it a wrap in head canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:45 pm

That line was so great because it made it seem like not even Beerus had an idea of what kind of fighters existed out there... and Super kind of confirms this as Beerus had no idea people like Jiren, Kale, Hit, Broly etcetera existed.

But other stuff shown in Super has also made it feel like there’s not much more to explore, and that Gods are indeed the strongest beings but they are neutral in the case of Angels or already irrelevant in the case of the Gods of Destruction.

Maybe the Tournament of Power should have featured more super strong mortals.
But at least the 4 exempt universes are still mysterious and there’s also that fact about the 6 erased universes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm

I like how you did a little bit of foreshadowing of... "The Prisoner", Matches. Are you potentially considering doing that arc a bit earlier than normal?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm I like how you did a little bit of foreshadowing of... "The Prisoner", Matches. Are you potentially considering doing that arc a bit earlier than normal?
I'm honestly not sure yet, as I need to know how it ends before deciding whether or not to include it as it is, or change it. I'm still working out how to move forward with Zamasu's arc, and I probably won't do the Tournament of Power at all. I am considering having the Moro arc take place in U10, but I want to wait for it to end, or even this month's chapter to release before deciding how to include it.

I'm really happy with the number of people who like my changes, thanks a lot for all the kind words. :D :mrgreen:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm

The other day I was wondering what if the 6 erased universes weren't actually erased and they were sent somewhere "higher" or punished and vanished, a great source for strong as fuck enemies for the already strong as fuck heroes.

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:48 am The Zamasu arc Part 1:
I'm liking this a lot. Zamasu was reminded many times by Gowasu that dealing with ningen was a GoD's job and not his, and seeing how much of a cunning bitch he is, it was really a missed opportunity to not have Zamasu trying to manipulate Rumshi or in this case use him as a pawn, well his corpse.
The whole war scenario between universes is nice too, I wonder why that was never touched upon seeing they all pretty much don't get along with each other.

Also liked the Moro reference, and him being from another universe.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm The whole war scenario between universes is nice too, I wonder why that was never touched upon seeing they all pretty much don't get along with each other.

Also liked the Moro reference, and him being from another universe.
That's because Zeno and the Grand Priest kept everyone in line, but they don't exist in this version, which means no one can stop them from killing each other.

Moro isn't from another universe, he just tried to take over U9 and got locked up for it, as leaving him free would've risked retaliation from the others.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:02 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am

I like a lot of the ideas a good bit. I personally would have scrapped the Frieza saga and done the Zamasu arc at the very end but that's just me. I do really enjoy your take on the universal conflicts and superstition