"Dragon Ball Q" - Unknown artist. Possible Yamamoto Cover?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ghosty64

"Dragon Ball Q" - Unknown artist. Possible Yamamoto Cover?

Post by Ghosty64 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Hello,

There's this unknown song floating around called "Dragon Ball Q." I'm somewhat convinced it's a cover of a Yamamoto game track. It's likely not a cover of a Kikuchi song, but it could be also be a Faulconer cover without synths?

It sounds mildly familiar, but I wanted to ask if you guys can pin down the melody. It sounds familiar enough to my ear, but I can't tell. The original video got taken down/privated, but someone reuploaded it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnoBEBuOsPQ

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Fan of Dragon Ball Z Kai | Mega-casual | Addicted to having several different soundtracks of the same show.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Q" - Unknown artist. Possible Yamamoto Cover?

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:42 am

Ghosty64 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:49 pm Hello,

There's this unknown song floating around called "Dragon Ball Q." I'm somewhat convinced it's a cover of a Yamamoto game track. It's likely not a cover of a Kikuchi song, but it could be also be a Faulconer cover without synths?

It sounds mildly familiar, but I wanted to ask if you guys can pin down the melody. It sounds familiar enough to my ear, but I can't tell. The original video got taken down/privated, but someone reuploaded it here:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
This feels like something from a Budokai Game, I've heard a melody like this somewhere but I'm skimming through the Budokai soundtracks to see if it matches up. I really like this arrangement though, wish this guy could make more.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:54 am

Ghosty64 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:49 pm Hello,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Alright so I did some digging, in the description of the original Apr,2018 he says that he doesn't know what the song is from he just found it and covered it. Maybe someone can get in touch with the guy?

Ghosty64

Post by Ghosty64 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:19 am

Alright so I did some digging, in the description of the original Apr,2018 he says that he doesn't know what the song is from he just found it and covered it. Maybe someone can get in touch with the guy?

Thanks for responding. I did a simple Google search and I couldn't find anything for DarkArchi, and he hasn't uploaded in years. I don't know how easy it is to contact him, but I could possibly attempt to find someone he had contact with.

By the way, I did search the Butoden, Budokai, and Budokai Tenkaichi soundtracks. (Each respective game in each respective series). I didn't find much that related to "Dragon Ball Q."
Fan of Dragon Ball Z Kai | Mega-casual | Addicted to having several different soundtracks of the same show.