DB Evolution pitch meeting

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

DB Evolution pitch meeting

Post by dario03 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDL1CVkMLzs

They miss anything important?

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: DB Evolution pitch meeting

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:42 am

The actual pitch meeting was probably even worse than that. :lol: I cannot believe anyone, much less people with degrees in the field, looked at that movie and said "Good enough everyone, let's put it out there for everyone to marvel at".

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 pm

As Mike has said, I think as a dumb kids movie it's perfectly fine and at the very least it does not detract from the rest of the franchise since it's not canon(unlike say Dragon Ball Minus)
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:20 am

Planetnamek wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 pm As Mike has said, I think as a dumb kids movie it's perfectly fine and at the very least it does not detract from the rest of the franchise since it's not canon(unlike say Dragon Ball Minus)
Fun fact: Every time you mention Minus a puppy dies. :cry:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 pm As Mike has said, I think as a dumb kids movie it's perfectly fine and at the very least it does not detract from the rest of the franchise since it's not canon(unlike say Dragon Ball Minus)
Still the worst adaptation I've ever seen though. And I'm including Last Airbender in there (which had at least SOME things that looked like the series).

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 pm
Still the worst adaptation I've ever seen though. And I'm including Last Airbender in there (which had at least SOME things that looked like the series).
Airbender was worse to me because it tried to do WAY too much, I had no clue why the fire nation was attacking because of how rushed the film felt in trying to cram in everything. I can only imagine what a disaster it would've been if Evolution had tried to shoehorn in the entire Saiyan Saga in one film. Plus I thought Evolution had better actors, the kid playing Aang was just flatter then a three-week-old pancake so I didn't care about him, Justin Chatwin at least seemed to actually be having fun as Goku. That's another issue I had with TLA, the film takes itself too damn seriously to the point where its just no fun at all, I may not have been the biggest fan of the TV series but I do know it still had its humorous moments. Evolution at least wasn't afraid to lean into DB's gag-manga roots.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:44 am

Planetnamek wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 pm
Airbender was worse to me because it tried to do WAY too much, I had no clue why the fire nation was attacking because of how rushed the film felt in trying to cram in everything. I can only imagine what a disaster it would've been if Evolution had tried to shoehorn in the entire Saiyan Saga in one film. Plus I thought Evolution had better actors, the kid playing Aang was just flatter then a three-week-old pancake so I didn't care about him, Justin Chatwin at least seemed to actually be having fun as Goku. That's another issue I had with TLA, the film takes itself too damn seriously to the point where its just no fun at all, I may not have been the biggest fan of the TV series but I do know it still had its humorous moments. Evolution at least wasn't afraid to lean into DB's gag-manga roots.
Chatwin was flat as hell. And looked kind of high through some of the scenes.

Besides, it took James Marsters urging the showrunners to have Piccolo be green, and not gray.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:57 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:44 am
Planetnamek wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Chatwin was flat as hell. And looked kind of high through some of the scenes.

Besides, it took James Marsters urging the showrunners to have Piccolo be green, and not gray.
Gray would've been an interesting look but i'm glad they stuck with green.