If Goku joined the Justice League...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Re: If Goku joined the Justice League...

Post by Gohan123 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:49 am

This thread is interested me despite already three years.

If Justice League and Avengers doesn't like Original Goku ? How about Xeno Goku , the one who joined Time Patrol ?

I wonder how these two organization reaction toward Time Patrol ? Will they like each other and working together ?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Superman - I think he would like Goku. He would see that he has a pure heart and bond over having so much in common with him. When Goku makes reckless decisions, Superman would try to get him to learn from those mistakes.

Batman - I think he would see him as a threat. Putting the world and the universe at risk out of arrogance and to get a good fight. He's basically a super strong alien like Superman with no kryptonite.

Wonder Woman - She would understand his love for fighting since she comes from a warrior race herself. But she would definitely call him out when he takes it too far and endangers everyone. She wouldn't have animosity towards Goku as long as he helped make things right.

Aquaman - Similar to Wonder Woman honestly.

Green Lantern - Would like him and respect his will power and pure heart. Goku's light heartedness might irk his stoic personality at times just as Guy Gardner and Lobo does with him. And Hal may get mad if Goku endangers civilians or people he cares about.

Flash - Like him. Wally has a personality similar to Goku.

Cyborg - Their personalities would mesh pretty well.

Shazam - He would love Goku.

Goku's behavior would probably drive a wedge between most of the league and him at some point if he didn't grow as a person and stop recklessness endangering lives. Watch Justice League Dark: Apocalypse War. Almost the entire league is pissed at Superman for starting an unnecessary fight.

Wonder Woman, Superman, and Shazam would be his biggest allies within the league, and he risks severely alienating Superman by killing opponents.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Gohan123 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:49 amHow about Xeno Goku , the one who joined Time Patrol ?

I wonder how these two organization reaction toward Time Patrol ? Will they like each other and working together ?
The Time Patrol would be in a constant fight with The Flash for his annoying desire to screw up with the timeline. Besides that, pretty sure Justice League would be a welcome addition/partnership with the Time Patrol. Great and interesting things can come out from their relationship.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm
Gohan123 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:49 amHow about Xeno Goku , the one who joined Time Patrol ?

The Time Patrol would be in a constant fight with The Flash for his annoying desire to screw up with the timeline. Besides that, pretty sure Justice League would be a welcome addition/partnership with the Time Patrol. Great and interesting things can come out from their relationship.
What about avengers ?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:49 pm

The same thing. Except that the Time Patrol won't have to worry about a member from the Avengers as none of them has the urge to keep screwing up with the timeline.

However, things won't work at all if the Time Patrol goes to/is set in Marvel. By the decree of One Above All, every action (or lack thereof) creates an alternate timeline, the very thing the Time Patrol tries to prevent. Their alliance would only work in Dragon Ball.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:16 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:49 pm The same thing. Except that the Time Patrol won't have to worry about a member from the Avengers as none of them has the urge to keep screwing up with the timeline.

However, things won't work at all if the Time Patrol goes to/is set in Marvel. By the decree of One Above All, every action (or lack thereof) creates an alternate timeline, the very thing the Time Patrol tries to prevent. Their alliance would only work in Dragon Ball.
That's not actually true, as sometimes alternate timelines are created, and sometimes the current timeline is altered.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm

I really wonder what would happen If Canon Goku / Xeno Goku was sent to the Injustice Universe? How would he deal with Regime Superman ?

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Goku would probably request that they only call him for missions that involve "Fighting strong guys"

He would probably get on best with Wonder Woman due to their warrior race heritage and mutual love of a good fight just for the sake of it.
They would probably spend a lot of time training together and in turn would influence each other. This could lead to Goku becoming more responsible while Wonder Woman takes more of an active interest in getting stronger.

As for Superman, he would probably confuse Goku somewhat, he would see this being of unparalleled power who wishes for a world where he didn't want to use it. He would probably humor Goku and spar with him every so often but would stop just as the two had finished warming up. Superman would more want Goku around partially to keep a close eye on him and perhaps try and get him to see why he should use his powers to actively protect the weak, not just when fighting a strong villain would do so.

Batman would chronicle the situations in which Goku lets his guard down and keep a laser pointer with him for if Goku ever goes rogue :lol:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:23 am

I'll do you a better one, what if Kid Goku joined Young justice/Teen titans?
Also i'd love to see gag with Goku somehow depleting the food reserves of Batman and driving him mad.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

mallaard

Post by mallaard » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Without going into any kind of power vs. power discussion, I'd personally equate Goku's relationship with the Justice League to that one episode of the JL cartoon where Lobo helped them fight Kalibak (sp?). Basically they'd tolerate him for one adventure, and then immediately tell him to go the hell away. Keeping him around would probably be like babysitting Lobo or Bizarro, which would be a terrible strain on all of them.

Somewhat off topic, based on some other comments in this thread, I would equate Zeno's power to be pretty much on par with Mr. Myxlplk (again, sp?) or Batmite, both of whom in one story were capable of casually erasing and manipulating entire dimensions/timelines for the sake of having fun.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:03 am

I know this thread is kinda inactive, but i've found this channel that kinda covers a what if plot with Goku and the justice league, except in this case it's more of a Goku replacing Superman in the story scenario than anything. So far it's even covered a sort of Dc version of the saiyan and Freeza saga?
I don't read many comics in general so idk if it fits well with the Dc universe, but it's an interesting alternative storyline, i'll leave a link in case you want to check it out.
https://youtu.be/vHFPbSim6n8?list=PLYEo ... F0qLwEVADB
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:14 am

Some of the comments I'm responding to are a few years old, so apologies in advance...
ekrolo2 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am
apex_pretador wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: They're far from helpless, they've got plenty of tech and abilities around to send Goku back to his home universe. If that's out of the question, Superman himself will kill Goku when he does something so idiotically selfish that he'll have no choice but to put him down. Contrary to popular belief, the only one who's actually a whiny cunt about killing people is Batman, everyone else on the League is fine with it to varying degrees, even Superman who can and will kill someone when the situation calls for it.
Superman doesn't kill unless the opponent is doomsday, and even in that case, superman would try not to kill, considering he has saved the life of doomsday once.
He's killed Zod, Darkseid, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman,... When they present too big of a threat. When Goku's action kill billions of people, Supes will be gunning for him.
Keep in mind, though, that Superman's guilt from killing Zod, Zaora and Quex-Ul was so great, that he underwent a mental breakdown and later exiled himself into space. As for Brainiac, I think the only one he's "killed" directly was Brainiac 13, although he was a primarily artificial life-form. You could make a similar argument for Imperiex, who was "living entropy."

In regards to the Cyborg Superman, remember that Superman destroyed Henshaw's body knowing full well that Henshaw's consciousness would probably still survive, and even stated as much after vibrating the Cyborg's body into pieces.

When it comes to killing, it very much depends on which version of Superman you're talking about. The Golden Age Superman, for example, had little reservations about killing people. Others, however, like the Superman of "Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow?" was so deeply against killing that taking a life convinced him to end his superhero career. Post-Crisis Superman was somewhere between the two, but avoided killing as much as he could-- Luthor had to partly talk him into his first attempt at "killing" Imperiex, for instance. He definitely wouldn't kill Goku for acting out of naiveté-- he'd either try to get through to him or revoke Goku's membership if Goku went too far.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: People also forget that Dr. Fate, Shazam and Zatanna can defeat Superman since he's vulnerable to magic.
They mostly belonged to the JSA though, not the JLA.
Actually, Zatanna's historically served on the JLA. It was her father, Giovanni Zatara, who was a member of the Justice Society.
Captain Strawberry wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 am
Lord Beerus wrote:They would kick him out the Justice League the second he let his enemies get more powerful.
No you are the probably wrong. The bigger reason is probably the fridge.
Ha! I like this one :clap: Honestly, I think Goku'd just drive everybody up a wall challenging them to fights :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if Goku actually challenged Batman the most, just to see if the Dark Knight really CAN beat everybody :D

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:36 am

Eh, barring Xeno Goku (to an extent at least), Goku isn't really into the superhero thing like the Justice League (or Avengers) are. Yeah, he helps out if a bad guy is causing a ruckus, but its not like he actively goes around to stop every little crime.

If Earth were invaded by Darkseid, Mongul, or any number of such major (and strong) threats, you can bet Goku will be there. But its about 70% to fight someone strong and 30% to protect the world from them. Unless they kill someone Goku is close to (like Krillin or Chichi).

This is why I've become more iffy on "What if Goku joins *insert superhero group*?" over the years. Because he's more accidental hero than anything (it was even commented on in the anime).

Now, a character like Future Trunks, or even Great Saiyaman/Saiyawoman would certainly make for a far better team up with said hero teams.