"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:32 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 am Rereading the beginning of the arc, and Moro was so much better on Namek. His fight with Vegeta, his planet magic, surrounding Namekians with planet energy and throwing them into it, it was much better than the brute that is now on Earth. Hope he brings it back for the final fight
Same here. I also miss his old aura. Not that Auras in Dragon Ball are Super Special (Anime Jiren before breaking his limit has the best aura in the series.) But the old Moro had a kinda of evil wicked looking aura that just looked evil and it kinda went away for a more generic looking aura. Just another thing that made him look unique.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm

This arc is such a drag that now people are fondly reminiscing about the portion of the Arc that was the worst part of it: the beginning.

That's interesting. The mystery of Moro was more intriguing than what Moro ended up being, I suppose.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 am

TKA wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm This arc is such a drag that now people are fondly reminiscing about the portion of the Arc that was the worst part of it: the beginning.

That's interesting. The mystery of Moro was more intriguing than what Moro ended up being, I suppose.
Why do you think the beginning was the worst part of the arc?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 am

TKA wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm That's interesting. The mystery of Moro was more intriguing than what Moro ended up being, I suppose.
Exactly how I felt about Goku Black / Zamasu.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am

fadeddreams5 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 am
TKA wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm That's interesting. The mystery of Moro was more intriguing than what Moro ended up being, I suppose.
Oh you mean how Merged Zamasu FELT less of a threat than Goku Black and Future Zamasu operating together??? Yes, I agree! These two felt way more threatening and effective against our heroes then Merged Zamasu did in the Anime at least...

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 am
Oh you mean how Merged Zamasu FELT less of a threat than Goku Black and Future Zamasu operating together??? Yes, I agree! These two felt way more threatening and effective against our heroes then Merged Zamasu did in the Anime at least...
I think he means how the mystery of Goku Black's identity and relationship with Zamasu was more interesting than the eventual revelation.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am

If what Ryokutya says about this chapter is anything to go off of (which it kinda isn't most of the time, but I don't think he'd be that wrong about this), we can safely rule out the idea that the Moro arc will end (or otherwise be "concluded") in this chapter now. It was a pretty bizarre idea to begin with if you ask me, and I think I've already explained why, but unless Ryokutya is directly lying (which is possible, to be fair), what he says pretty much refutes it completely.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:03 am

I knew it wouldn't end, but I'm surprised it's not ending. It's one thing to have Vegeta and Omen mess things up, but MUI as well ?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 am

Alruneia wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am If what Ryokutya says about this chapter is anything to go off of (which it kinda isn't most of the time, but I don't think he'd be that wrong about this), we can safely rule out the idea that the Moro arc will end (or otherwise be "concluded") in this chapter now. It was a pretty bizarre idea to begin with if you ask me, and I think I've already explained why, but unless Ryokutya is directly lying (which is possible, to be fair), what he says pretty much refutes it completely.
Are you going to reveal what it said? I don’t speak japanese you know...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:31 am

I think he means how the mystery of Goku Black's identity and relationship with Zamasu was more interesting than the eventual revelation.
That's true for any mysterious villain. Imperfect Cell was way more compelling than Perfect Cell, for example. It's also inevitable, I mean it's not like a mystery can go on forever, eventually the true identity of the villain must be discovered.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am
That's true for any mysterious villain. Imperfect Cell was way more compelling than Perfect Cell, for example. It's also inevitable, I mean it's not like a mystery can go on forever, eventually the true identity of the villain must be discovered.
This is true. However, even I have to say, I have mixed feelings on the Goku Black reveal.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am

TKA wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pmThat's interesting. The mystery of Moro was more intriguing than what Moro ended up being, I suppose.
I feel like that was said about Hit, Jiren and Goku Black as well. The initial mystery behind them all in the beginning was cool but then they all ended up being pretty lack luster for the most part, but for me honestly I think they lack the nuance the the original villains had, that made them fun to watch.

Lets be real here, non of DB's villains are exceptionally deep in any real way but they do have just enough quirks to them in one way or another that makes them memorable and fun.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am
TKA wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pmThat's interesting. The mystery of Moro was more intriguing than what Moro ended up being, I suppose.
I feel like that was said about Hit, Jiren and Goku Black as well. The initial mystery behind them all in the beginning was cool but then they all ended up being pretty lack luster for the most part, but for me honestly I think they lack the nuance the the original villains had, that made them fun to watch.

Lets be real here, non of DB's villains are exceptionally deep in any real way but they do have just enough quirks to them in one way or another that makes them memorable and fun.
Agreed, just compare these new guys to Freeza.
Freeza was built up in an awesome manner ever since the gang's arrival on Namek, and he certainly lived up to the hype in my opinion.

The fight with Freeza dragged on just as much (or longer?) as the few skirmishes with Moro, but Freeza being too overpowered to die till the end was what made things interesting. The fight(s) with Moro on the other hand accomplished nothing, not to mention that it takes a month for every chapter :x
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am
This is true. However, even I have to say, I have mixed feelings on the Goku Black reveal.
What about it disappointed you?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:34 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 am
Alruneia wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am If what Ryokutya says about this chapter is anything to go off of (which it kinda isn't most of the time, but I don't think he'd be that wrong about this), we can safely rule out the idea that the Moro arc will end (or otherwise be "concluded") in this chapter now. It was a pretty bizarre idea to begin with if you ask me, and I think I've already explained why, but unless Ryokutya is directly lying (which is possible, to be fair), what he says pretty much refutes it completely.
Are you going to reveal what it said? I don’t speak japanese you know...
No :)

Nah, just messing around. But I'm not exactly Herms 2, and what you're gonna get from me isn't gonna be much better than what you'd get from just putting the text into Google Translate.
What he essentially says is that there's "a development" right before the defeat of the "last boss", and I think he's implying that it's in typical DB fashion, though I'm not sure exactly what he means. He also says something about "not learning from experience", though it's not clear what he's referring to by that. Could be Goku, could be Toyotaro himself, could be someone else entirely. Finally, he says something along the lines of "this will require a little more sacrifice", whatever that means.
That's the gist of it, anyway. Take it with a grain of salt, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm
So what exactly is Moro's plan here now? I know they won't kill him yet, but unless MUI Goku ends up running out of juice I think it's safe to safe he's getting his ass beat into the pavement. In that one panel alone, he looks terrified, so I think we all know Goku's bringing in the ass kicking full force.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pmSo what exactly is Moro's plan here now? I know they won't kill him yet, but unless MUI Goku ends up running out of juice I think it's safe to safe he's getting his ass beat into the pavement. In that one panel alone, he looks terrified, so I think we all know Goku's bringing in the ass kicking full force.
Based on these images and what was said earlier, Goku may fall out of MUI before he can get the job done, which will open the door for Vegeta to finish things. I think it's safe to assume that a fully restored Vegeta will be able to take care of someone beaten to an inch of his life by MUI. I can't see Moro having much more to offer following the beat down he takes.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:52 pmSo what exactly is Moro's plan here now? I know they won't kill him yet, but unless MUI Goku ends up running out of juice I think it's safe to safe he's getting his ass beat into the pavement. In that one panel alone, he looks terrified, so I think we all know Goku's bringing in the ass kicking full force.
Based on these images and what was said earlier, Goku may fall out of MUI before he can get the job done, which will open the door for Vegeta to finish things. I think it's safe to assume that a fully restored Vegeta will be able to take care of someone beaten to an inch of his life by MUI. I can't see Moro having much more to offer following the beat down he takes.
Just hope they don't do a 'But wait, Moro somehow despite being beaten near death, has some weird power-up/secret move of his that makes him hard to kill'. MUI Goku is going to beat him within an inch of his life, Vegeta should be able to defuse and kill Moro as long as he doesn't decide to talk him to death and give Moro the chance inch away or pull some magic trick escape.

This arc has dragged on long enough and I don't want Moro somehow escaping while BEERUS AND WHIS are there, Beerus can always chase him or ask Whis to teleport him to Moro's location if he gets away.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pmJust hope they don't do a 'But wait, Moro somehow despite being beaten near death, has some weird power-up/secret move of his that makes him hard to kill'.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the arc ends next month, or god forbid next year.