"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm

This is the last page of the chapter...this arc isn't ending any time soon.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm This is the last page of the chapter...this arc isn't ending any time soon.
Does UI have some more muscle now?
Looks cool

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Did Toyotaro forget he made MUI Goku skinny during the tournament?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

I wonder why Beerus is like 'Boy I'm worried now..' For some reason. DO you think he's talking about the change of attitude Goku is having or the battle itself?
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Haven't these people saved the Earth like 10 times by now, and they still don't know what it means "to be a warrior of Earth"?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Is anyone enthusiastic about this upcoming fight? I'm almost indifferent. It's nothing we didn't expect to see happen once Ultra Instinct was presented for the second time in this arc. It seems like it may take a course similar to Goku when he fought Freeza as a Super Saiyan. Alternatively, there might be some significant deviation which I'm hoping for. I would like to see Moro fall back on his magic and purpose it to somehow befuddle Goku's naturalist martial state.

It may not be consistent with the original depiction but I do prefer the new muscle tone with MUI. It reminds me of the Saiyan arc.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 pm

I just hope the last page will make more sense with the rest of the chapter because right now I am like huh

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm I wonder why Beerus is like 'Boy I'm worried now..' For some reason. DO you think he's talking about the change of attitude Goku is having or the battle itself?
I think he's worried that this arc will drag on for another 6 months, the poor guy wants to be in something new.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pmIs anyone enthusiastic about this upcoming fight?
It's going to be Omen vs Moro all over again.The first chapter is the teaser fight, while the following is the "real" fight. Next chapter will end with Goku losing and Vegeta stepping in, again, so that we can have another Vegeta vs Moro that'll be similar to what we already got a few months ago.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm Is anyone enthusiastic about this upcoming fight? I'm almost indifferent. It's nothing we didn't expect to see happen once Ultra Instinct was presented for the second time in this arc. It seems like it may take a course similar to Goku when he fought Freeza as a Super Saiyan. Alternatively, there might be some significant deviation which I'm hoping for. I would like to see Moro fall back on his magic and purpose it to somehow befuddle Goku's naturalist martial state.

It may not be consistent with the original depiction but I do prefer the new muscle tone with MUI. It reminds me of the Saiyan arc.
Since Buu and Merus are out of the arc I really don't care about who beats Moro or how, none of the current characters have a real connection with him so whatever
I'm only hyped about UI's fight choreography, with the way Super's fights go we know UI is probably gonna run out or something

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm
Lionel wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pmIs anyone enthusiastic about this upcoming fight?
It's going to be Omen vs Moro all over again.The first chapter is the teaser fight, while the following is the "real" fight. Next chapter will end with Goku losing and Vegeta stepping in, again, so that we can have another Vegeta vs Moro that'll be similar to what we already got a few months ago.

Maybe UI Goku really will pull it off next chapter

I would much rather Vegeta get to do something personally (because I feel besides bringing the Namekians back to life everything with him feels like a complete waste) but I think Goku solo win is a real possibility personally

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pmMaybe UI Goku really will pull it off next chapter

I would much rather Vegeta get to do something personally (because I feel besides bringing the Namekians back to life everything with him feels like a complete waste) but I think Goku solo win is a real possibility personally
At this point I'll be happy if Yamcha kills him if it means finishing this arc.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pmMaybe UI Goku really will pull it off next chapter

At this point I'll be happy if Yamcha kills him if it means finishing this arc.
Jaco will finish him goes well with the galactic patrol part of the arc :lol:

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm

Is it just me or does this MUI look like Anime MUI? Its almost like this arc is a continuation of the anime and not the manga

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Lionel wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm Is anyone enthusiastic about this upcoming fight? I'm almost indifferent. It's nothing we didn't expect to see happen once Ultra Instinct was presented for the second time in this arc. It seems like it may take a course similar to Goku when he fought Freeza as a Super Saiyan. Alternatively, there might be some significant deviation which I'm hoping for. I would like to see Moro fall back on his magic and purpose it to somehow befuddle Goku's naturalist martial state.

Goku and UI feel so detached from the original concepts this story presented at the beginning so I couldn't care less. I imagine he'll probably run out in some predictable fashion before something else happens, then the rest of Dragon Team shows up to help out.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Jesus Christ, I hope the anime streamlines this arc.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm Is it just me or does this MUI look like Anime MUI? Its almost like this arc is a continuation of the anime and not the manga
Yeah it feels like they're all backtraking on skinyness now. I guess it just got old or something :lol:
Even in DBH, SSG Trunks looks more muscled than he logically should.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm
DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm Is it just me or does this MUI look like Anime MUI? Its almost like this arc is a continuation of the anime and not the manga
Yeah it feels like they're all backtraking on skinyness now. I guess it just got old or something :lol:
Even in DBH, SSG Trunks looks more muscled than he logically should.
It's because he's likely referencing from FighterZ and the Saiyan arc. The standing front pose even has FighterZ proportions to it.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm

UI being cool