"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm

I know people are saying because of the spine art that the manga isn’t ending but I still feel this whole rush to bring back UI Goku makes me feel like it is. I know I have nothing to base that on and I could very well be wrong but that is just the feeling I get. Same with this arc being so long too because it could be the last.

FiReFTW

Post by FiReFTW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm

I wonder what happened that they destroyed this arc so much, it had such potential, this new enemy full of new things we havent seen before with magic and all the unique things, magical powers, and some extremely new interesting techniques of vegita that is unique that we have not seen before, but now it ended up in another "no magic" super powerful above everyone else by far villain (cough cough frieza) vs angry goku that transforms (cough cough super saiyan), same old same old.... why didn't they stick with the unique thing? Why did they go off road from that and into what we have had for ages all over again?... someone must have gotten involved and steered it this way its a very odd U turn.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm because of the spine art that the manga isn’t ending
But that's like the proof it isn't. Otherwise spine art wouldn't be left unconcluded like that.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Kagari wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm
Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm
DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm Is it just me or does this MUI look like Anime MUI? Its almost like this arc is a continuation of the anime and not the manga
Yeah it feels like they're all backtraking on skinyness now. I guess it just got old or something :lol:
Even in DBH, SSG Trunks looks more muscled than he logically should.
It's because he's likely referencing from FighterZ and the Saiyan arc. The standing front pose even has FighterZ proportions to it.
Especially in the panel where he grabs Moro’s Arm you see him hunched over like he was in the Anime. And he does that after image thing, like in the anime. Seriously just looks like Toyotarou plucked Anime MUI and put it here

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm because of the spine art that the manga isn’t ending
But that's like the proof it isn't. Otherwise spine art wouldn't be left unconcluded like that.

Why not though? Manga can end at any time.

This isn’t like a One Piece situation where the manga-ka is probably a bit more in control of when the product will end. The Super manga is just part of a larger franchise and Toyo certainly doesn’t have editorial control over when it will end.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Kinokima wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:15 pm I honestly dread it because I hate how we have all these opinions about the chapter before the chapter is even out
Reading the latest comments called this earlier post to mind. Can't think why. :roll:

Anyway, one note that interested me -
Last edited by Magnificent Ponta on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:10 pm

pepd wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 pm
The last page seems to indicate something different

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:31 pm

In the last page, is Goku talking to Moro or Beerus? :think:

We'll see if Moro

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Lmao

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 pm

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm Is it just me or does this MUI look like Anime MUI? Its almost like this arc is a continuation of the anime and not the manga
The musculature is similar to Goku's base form and not quite as buff as the anime or FighterZ. Also, there's no wrinkle between Goku's brows (unlike the anime/games) to emphasize Goku's calm state of mind; this is largely consistent with the manga's interpretation of Ultra Instinct in the Tournament of Power, save for not being as skinny as Toriyama's original concept art.

I'm not getting TV series vibes from this at all. It's obviously a bit different from its introduction, but still feels like the manga's own take from a conceptual standpoint.
Last edited by The Undying on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Wow. I haven't seen the fandom handle leaks this poorly since the ToP days. It's actually kinda funny to watch when it's at this level. :P
But seriously, stop jumping to conclusions based on incomplete and untranslated leaks. It should be pretty obvious why it's not a particularly clever thing to do.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Few scenarios where Goku UI is not fighting Moro anymore:

1. Moro is defeated but Goku UI is upset with Beerus and Whis for allowing Merus to get involved and sacrifice his life, challenges them to a fight. Hence Beerus being afraid.
2. Grand Priest comes to investigate Merus' death, finding a dead Moro and Goku UI .... hot headed Goku UI challenges Grand Priest due to Merus' death.

* If Moro is still alive, maybe he is using a new magic spell that causes things to get more dangerous for the Z Fighters. Goku now has to fight a dimensional/matter altering being, similar to Janemba. This would put Goku UI to the test.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Alruneia wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 pm Wow. I haven't seen the fandom handle leaks this poorly since the ToP days. It's actually kinda funny to watch when it's at this level. :P
But seriously, stop jumping to conclusions based on incomplete and untranslated leaks. It should be pretty obvious why it's not a particularly clever thing to do.

Honestly because besides the great action it just sounds all sort of lackluster to me

And if the above is true it sounds totally irresponsible for Goku to do something that dumb with someone so dangerous

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pmAnd if the above is true it sounds totally irresponsible for Goku to do something that dumb with someone so dangerous
Well, it really depends on exactly why he's doing it - if it's for the reasons Merus reflects on in Chapter 63, then it's perhaps naive, but it would be characteristic. However, we won't be getting an answer on that in this Chapter.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm
Kinokima wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pmAnd if the above is true it sounds totally irresponsible for Goku to do something that dumb with someone so dangerous
Well, it really depends on exactly why he's doing it - if it's for the reasons Merus reflects on in Chapter 63, then it's perhaps naive, but it would be characteristic. However, we won't be getting an answer on that in this Chapter.
Perhaps that was a bit of foreshadowing now that you mention but only putting it a chapter before feels like cheating a little.

It’s very possible Goku can still win with this change but Ill find it disappointing like he is being rewarded for a bad decision.