Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:02 pm

Well now Bra has killed Gohan and Goten. Wow. :lolno:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:02 pm
*sigh*
Is it bad if I was rooting for the bad guys in this bit?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:33 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:02 pm
*sigh*
Is it bad if I was rooting for the bad guys in this bit?
Not at all, considering they're the good guys when compared to Bra :lol:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:49 pm

That escalated quickly... You know, a thought occurred to me. Why didn't they just make Bra the Broly of her timeline? You know, make her a Legendary Super Saiyan who goes berserk whenever she activates her power? That would have made a lot more sense. And it could have even made her a bit more of a tragic character, as someone who wants to do good, but can't control herself when she lets loose. Using her as a discount Vegeta, with none of the charm, was just a really bad move. Yes, Vegeta is a hot head, but he has restraint. Does anyone believe for a second that Vegeta would have killed Nappa in the crossfires just because someone called him weak? No, when he kills someone, it's a conscious decision to do so. He's hot tempered, but he's also calculating. He thinks before he acts. Bra is just a loose canon, with very weak motivations for the things she does.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:16 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:49 pm That escalated quickly... You know, a thought occurred to me. Why didn't they just make Bra the Broly of her timeline? You know, make her a Legendary Super Saiyan who goes berserk whenever she activates her power? That would have made a lot more sense. And it could have even made her a bit more of a tragic character, as someone who wants to do good, but can't control herself when she lets loose. Using her as a discount Vegeta, with none of the charm, was just a really bad move. Yes, Vegeta is a hot head, but he has restraint. Does anyone believe for a second that Vegeta would have killed Nappa in the crossfires just because someone called him weak? No, when he kills someone, it's a conscious decision to do so. He's hot tempered, but he's also calculating. He thinks before he acts. Bra is just a loose canon, with very weak motivations for the things she does.
Also, Vegeta gets his ego knocked down a few pegs once he starts feeling too high. Bra though? Well we all know how that Majin fight ended.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:41 pm

Bra is a child with 1000x the power Vegeta had and the person she looks up to the most is just as emotionally damaged as she is.

Even that page Vegito's.first thought is too punch her and knock her out inside of bringing up the fact she just killed her brothers.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:31 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:41 pm Bra is a child with 1000x the power Vegeta had and the person she looks up to the most is just as emotionally damaged as she is.

Even that page Vegito's.first thought is too punch her and knock her out inside of bringing up the fact she just killed her brothers.
She literally killed her brother and blew up a planet: she doesn’t deserve to be coddled like a baby. He had to knock her out.

And regardless, my point is in that in context of a story, Vegeta was an arrogant prick, but he wasn’t unbeatable by the standards of the show. It made him more likable that he was actually beatable
Unlike princess Bra, who’s had outbursts since she was a child, and wasn’t properly defeated when she should’ve been. There’s absolutely nothing written about her that makes her likable.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:30 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:49 pm That escalated quickly... You know, a thought occurred to me. Why didn't they just make Bra the Broly of her timeline? You know, make her a Legendary Super Saiyan who goes berserk whenever she activates her power? That would have made a lot more sense. And it could have even made her a bit more of a tragic character, as someone who wants to do good, but can't control herself when she lets loose. Using her as a discount Vegeta, with none of the charm, was just a really bad move. Yes, Vegeta is a hot head, but he has restraint. Does anyone believe for a second that Vegeta would have killed Nappa in the crossfires just because someone called him weak? No, when he kills someone, it's a conscious decision to do so. He's hot tempered, but he's also calculating. He thinks before he acts. Bra is just a loose canon, with very weak motivations for the things she does.
Yeah...effectively, Bra is just an annoying, self-centered little brat with cataclysmic super powers and no substantial insight as to why she's like this, and up until the Majin stuff she was still presented as a well-meaning but troubled character you should root for. Now she's a somewhat civilized Kid Buu. Yawn.

At least Vegetto is the bored fusion of two battle maniac Saiyans that's way too strng to ever have much excitement in his life. Bra's just...his daughter. (This also has me examining Gohan and a plot point with him that I think is misinterpreted by fans and Multiverse - Gohan doesn't have anger issues. It's just that his power is explosively tied to his emotions and his character struggle is learning how to tap into his power without needing them and later learning to embrace anger)
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:38 am

Honestly I was hoping that Vegetto would show up, pissed about what happened, and Bra's first thing she'd say would be "Eh, we can bring Goten and the people back to life with the d-" Cue corporal punishment. She is so disconnected to anyone 'smaller' than her, it's not just enough that Bra is punched after committing genocide, she also needs to rationalize that's it okay because anyone she wipes out as collateral can be a wish, and then get punched.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:49 am

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:38 am Honestly I was hoping that Vegetto would show up, pissed about what happened, and Bra's first thing she'd say would be "Eh, we can bring Goten and the people back to life with the d-" Cue corporal punishment. She is so disconnected to anyone 'smaller' than her, it's not just enough that Bra is punched after committing genocide, she also needs to rationalize that's it okay because anyone she wipes out as collateral can be a wish, and then get punched.
That'd be better writing, if her growing up post Buu, left her with a cold almost out of universe fan logic to everything.

Honestly I never 'hated' Bra.

At this point Salagair has done a far worse crime.

Bra is now boring. Not just inherently but because she has received screen time disproportionate to how interesting a character he is.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Cold World (Fanfic)

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm starting to hate how nice this manga looks sometimes...

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:14 pm

I wonder if Asura actually drew those pages while doing the last tournament chapter.
Cold World (Fanfic)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:59 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:31 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:41 pm Bra is a child with 1000x the power Vegeta had and the person she looks up to the most is just as emotionally damaged as she is.

She literally killed her brother and blew up a planet: she doesn’t deserve to be coddled like a baby. He had to knock her out.

And regardless, my point is in that in context of a story, Vegeta was an arrogant prick, but he wasn’t unbeatable by the standards of the show. It made him more likable that he was actually beatable
Unlike princess Bra, who’s had outbursts since she was a child, and wasn’t properly defeated when she should’ve been. There’s absolutely nothing written about her that makes her likable.
She's not likeable but I do pitty her, She blew up the planet becasue something is wrong with her upbringing. Kids don't act like Bra unless something has gone wrong in her upbringing. Had Goten blown up Gohan I don't see Goku knocking him out.

If Bra goes "Oh well we have the dragonballs, that is the start of a problem that Vegito should have informed Bulma about. If she realizes what she did was wrong he still needs to teach her about control.

Salagir might not have gone about Bra the right way as a character but her story has a lot to do with Vegito.

Edit: Just read the page. Vegito is teaching her the right lesson but he is going about it completely the wrong way.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:21 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:59 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:31 pm

She's not likeable but I do pitty her, She blew up the planet becasue something is wrong with her upbringing. Kids don't act like Bra unless something has gone wrong in her upbringing. Had Goten blown up Gohan I don't see Goku knocking him out.

If Bra goes "Oh well we have the dragonballs, that is the start of a problem that Vegito should have informed Bulma about. If she realizes what she did was wrong he still needs to teach her about control.

Salagir might not have gone about Bra the right way as a character but her story has a lot to do with Vegito.

Edit: Just read the page. Vegito is teaching her the right lesson but he is going about it completely the wrong way.
Goku probably would’ve knocked Gohan too. But likely did it with one of those neck chops instead of a full force punch to the face.

I agree her upbringing is fucked but it doesn’t justify what she did. I’m not saying Vegetto is right, and he’s for sure a factor in Bra being a psychopath. But I still feel like that punch was extremely cathartic after the shit did to Gohan and Piccolo in the main series.

Just look. She doesn’t remember what she did, but all she cares is that she won. I’d like to see her grieve over killing Goten, but I don’t think Salagir would ever do that

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm

The art is amazing. The characters are Dragon Ball style, the backgrounds are very different, but they go together well. I love how the planet didn't explode but the added energy has cracked the crust. Massive vulcanic eruptions and earthquakes everywhere.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:48 pm

Slangh wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm The art is amazing. The characters are Dragon Ball style, the backgrounds are very different, but they go together well. I love how the planet didn't explode but the added energy has cracked the crust. Massive vulcanic eruptions and earthquakes everywhere.
That much I give the series when its like this; great art.

Sadly, that's about all that I've found enjoyable about this. Yet, I must be a masochist of some sort because I keep checking up on it. :lolno:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Mm. Fuck Goten apparently. I wonder if his memory was wiped, or maybe if everyone's memory was wiped besides Vegetto and Bra. How do you explain no one giving this failure the side eye since the beginning of the tournament. I feel like if Ginyu was able to be locked in Bra's body, he'd be more trustworthy than her with all that power.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:19 pm

She blew up a solar system and is getting a second chance?

It's like those horror movies when the blonde girl knocks the killer unconscious and instead of finishing him off with the machete/gun/rock/whatever, she just tries to escape only for the killer to recover and attack her once more minutes later.

Funnily enough, I'm betting Salagir has watched dozens of those kind of movies and laughed at the stupidity of the characters and the writers