Trunks special and 5.1 audio?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Trunks special and 5.1 audio?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:12 pm

I had this idea of re-editing the trunks special into a Kai episode, but I cant seem to remove the Japanese score as it also appears to be in the vocals. Anyone have any ideas, or had any luck with this audio?

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: Trunks special and 5.1 audio?

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:21 pm

OK this is a great idea and someone should get on it.

Masquerade
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Masquerade » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:51 am

Impossible.

They're mixed the same way the 2013 Blu-rays are mixed where the music track is mixed into the center channel with the voice & SFX tracks. Once it's mixed like that, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

The only DBZ 5.1 tracks that exist with an isolated center channel for voice and like 80% of sound effects in tacks without music are the Orange Bricks and Kai. That's it. No movies or specials.

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Masquerade wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:51 am Impossible.

They're mixed the same way the 2013 Blu-rays are mixed where the music track is mixed into the center channel with the voice & SFX tracks. Once it's mixed like that, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

The only DBZ 5.1 tracks that exist with an isolated center channel for voice and like 80% of sound effects in tacks without music are the Orange Bricks and Kai. That's it. No movies or specials.
Actually, most of the movies do have a very similar 5.1 mixing to Kai and the orange bricks. I think the only one that doesn't is Wrath of The Dragon. There is a way to remove the music from the center channel but you'll have to do some messing around in audacity to make it work, if I have the time I'll try to make a tutorial/instructions on how to do it.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders