"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:24 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:22 amI still have really no idea how this form really works. Is it some kind of Godly transformation so you tap into the God ki or just a state of awakening?
It seems to be some state of awakening.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 am

They are definitely going to have to nerf UI now. If there is a movie I can see Goku maybe winning a major fight with UI but they can’t have him always rely on that. The villains are going to have to be overpowered too

The procession of new transformations was way too soon

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:01 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 pm
TheMikado wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:27 pmI just don’t think he was as worried about surpassing Goku or dramatically improving in strength.
At that point the only new level known to him was Ssj3, which he called useless, so he instead focused on the forms he already had.
Fair enough

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 am

I mean, Moro kinda needs to die at this point. It's either that or he takes everyone with him, which will probably be bad.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 am

Kinokima wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 am They are definitely going to have to nerf UI now. If there is a movie I can see Goku maybe winning a major fight with UI but they can’t have him always rely on that. The villains are going to have to be overpowered too

I'm almost wondering if Goku willingly "gives up" Ultra Instinct after this arc... something Toyo did has been nagging at the back of my mind ever since. Moro asked Goku if he thought he was a god and Goku didn't say anything. I keep thinking maybe Goku didn't say anything because he wasn't sure how he really felt about that, like it was something he was wondering himself...

His choice to fight as an earthling, the fact that this chapter is called Goku, the Earthling, I can't shake the feeling that in some way there is going to be an account of where Goku stands in the hierarchy of these gods and godlike beings, and, to me, it would seem that Toyo is making it plain: Goku is an Earthling, not a cosmic protector, and not a god.

Maybe Goku won't give up Ultra Instinct because of that, but I could see Goku make a decision like that, so much power causes his mindset to change and makes him act, well, like a god, and maybe he doesn't like that.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 am I mean, Moro kinda needs to die at this point. It's either that or he takes everyone with him, which will probably be bad.
Maybe the writers will have him kill everyone so they can rename the show into his name, dragon ball Moro, allowing us to follow his many adventures around the multiverse. 8)

HulkTySSJ4

Post by HulkTySSJ4 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 am

Ziegander wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 am
Kinokima wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 am They are definitely going to have to nerf UI now. If there is a movie I can see Goku maybe winning a major fight with UI but they can’t have him always rely on that. The villains are going to have to be overpowered too

I'm almost wondering if Goku willingly "gives up" Ultra Instinct after this arc... something Toyo did has been nagging at the back of my mind ever since. Moro asked Goku if he thought he was a god and Goku didn't say anything. I keep thinking maybe Goku didn't say anything because he wasn't sure how he really felt about that, like it was something he was wondering himself...

His choice to fight as an earthling, the fact that this chapter is called Goku, the Earthling, I can't shake the feeling that in some way there is going to be an account of where Goku stands in the hierarchy of these gods and godlike beings, and, to me, it would seem that Toyo is making it plain: Goku is an Earthling, not a cosmic protector, and not a god.

Maybe Goku won't give up Ultra Instinct because of that, but I could see Goku make a decision like that, so much power causes his mindset to change and makes him act, well, like a god, and maybe he doesn't like that.
Better to give up or lose God Ki all together and introduce canon SS4 using Broly's Ikari form as a base.
Then since Toyble is the successor after Toriyama passes away, he'd try making a canon SS5 lol

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 am

So here is my prediction for how this arc ends. So Goku fights Planet Moro for a bit while Vegeta arrives onto the battle field. He uses forced spirit fission on the planet to first pull 7-3 out, and yells at Goku to instant transmission him away because 7-3 will explode in seconds. Vegeta then Pulls Moro from the earth and then Final Flashes Moro.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 am

So I personally think this arc will end in December makes sense with Jump Festa being that month and they want to announce a new arc

Although it could just as easily end next month I suppose. Depends on how much wrap up they want to do.

The tag line for the next chapter is Goku vs Planet Eater Moro Climax Battle apparently.

I am still hoping Vegeta gets to do something significant with Goku in the end and while it would make sense my hopes have been dashed so many times before so....

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:26 am

Kinokima wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 amI am still hoping Vegeta gets to do something significant with Goku in the end and while it would make sense my hopes have been dashed so many times before so....
They've already established that Moro dying will also result in earth dying, so Vegeta being involved is necessary, as he's the only one who can separate them. This is exactly why they set him up as being able to separate beings such as Moro.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:26 am
Kinokima wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:11 amI am still hoping Vegeta gets to do something significant with Goku in the end and while it would make sense my hopes have been dashed so many times before so....
They've already established that Moro dying will also result in earth dying, so Vegeta being involved is necessary, as he's the only one who can separate them. This is exactly why they set him up as being able to separate beings such as Moro.
I mean you would think so and yet ...

I just feel the fact that everyone is predicting exactly this they won’t go that route. Like I said before modern DB loves unpredictability whether it’s good writing or not.

Of course I hope you are right and I am wrong though

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:46 am

Kinokima wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 amI just feel the fact that everyone is predicting exactly this they won’t go that route. Like I said before modern DB loves unpredictability whether it’s good writing or not.
I definitely agree there's a possibility they won't, but why would they give Vegeta such an ability if he wasn't going to use it ? especially in this kind of situation that's perfect for it ?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 am

I mean, the worst that could happen is that Vegeta succeeds in separating Moro, but it somehow ends up backfiring and Moro somehow becomes a higher plane of existence like Zamasu did and becomes a black hole that absorbs whatever is in his wake....
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:07 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 am I mean, Moro kinda needs to die at this point. It's either that or he takes everyone with him, which will probably be bad.
Maybe the writers will have him kill everyone so they can rename the show into his name, dragon ball Moro, allowing us to follow his many adventures around the multiverse. 8)
I can't wait for Dragon Ball Moro. I hear *spoilers* he fights Freeza, and when Freeza kills Sangano it awakens the legendary warrior, Super Moro

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am

Mangaplus and Viz are both messing up for me, can't read the chapter

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:10 am

OLKv3 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am Mangaplus and Viz are both messing up for me, can't read the chapter
Neither can I.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 am

It's finally, officially out for real and I have to say it's a cool action chapter. Senzu bean is still unjustified because Goku should've seen Moro pulling another powerup from a mile away.

Merus-Moro was equally as strong as MUI Goku before his body couldn't handle it, and Earth Moro now seems to perhaps surpass that. We'll see next month.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:24 am

Huh, I guess I was lucky to load it all right away.
The bit with the senzu bean wasn't as justified as I had hoped, to be honest. I was more or less hoping for Goku to say something like "yeah, I thought so", but it seems he genuinely hoped he could make Moro change his ways. Jaco actually even directly points it out, saying "stop expecting a magical change of heart".
The action in the chapter was fun, though. Even if it's just for a little while, we do get UI vs UI, though one is stolen and one is earned, like some users talked about in this thread earlier, and it's the fact that Moro stole UI that makes him get bloated. I like that, it really works with the theme (if that is the intended theme). The dialogue and sequence of events around bloated Moro also makes it clear that we aren't seeing Cell 2.0, but Saganbo 2.0, which is nice, since some developments have definitely been a bit too close to Cell for comfort here. Moro's body can't handle the power it suddenly has, so it gets bloated, and to counter that, he fuses himself with the entire Earth... This is gonna be the final phase of the battle for sure, and I think it's going to be interesting. Probably Vegeta's time to shine, too, though I'm not sure if this was necessarily the best way to set that up.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:25 am

OLKv3 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am Mangaplus and Viz are both messing up for me, can't read the chapter
I hit download and restarted the app and it worked :D

I feel like I'm witnessing the end of the cell arc. In fact, think about it this felt a little too much like the android/cell arc.
I do feel like Vegeta will come back tho

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:29 am

We seem to get direct confirmation from Goku that Moro is the strongest person he's ever fought: "that's a real shame, cuz I never came across anyone as tough as you".

I also like Whis seeming genuinely frustrated/concerned.

I found it a cool chapter but Moro becoming one with the planet is...yet another out of nowhere powerup for him that's kind of just out of nowhere.

The chapter seemed to be taking some ideas from the anime version of fused Zamasu, with his body grotesquely corrupting and then becoming some kind of unique form that can't be properly fought.