Original Akira Toriyama Designs for DBH Freeza Clan characters

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Original Akira Toriyama Designs for DBH Freeza Clan characters

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 am

This is a request for a scan. If this is not allowed, please tell me, and I or a moderator can remove this thread. For a custom boardgame (if you want you can check this pretty old thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41269&p=1477537) I'm making quite a substantial amount of art (which is why it's taking so long :b) in the style of Dragon Ball Online to make all the character artwork consistent. In the boardgame you can choose from 6 different races (Earthlings, Namekians, Saiyans, Majins, Androids and Freeza Clan) and each has 25 face cards you can choose from. This works pretty well with all the extra artwork that Dragon Ball Online, Dragon Ball Heroes or even Xenoverse provides. But still then... I can only REALLY get up to 20 Freeza Clan characters, so I'm really just scraping the bodem of the barrel for this.

One source was the Dragon Ball Herores 5th Anniversary Guidbook (or fanbook), especially the unused designs by Akira Toriyama. There are some pictures available at high quality, but especially for this one in particular the lower one is the best I could find :o I'm wondering if anyone has a scan that's a little more high resolution than this photo. I don't need the entire page or the entire book, just this one part.

It's on page 39. I've thought of buying it myself, but it ends up being quite expensive and quite a long wait, so before I try that I'd thought I'd ask the community here :)

Aim
Banned

Re: Original Akira Toriyama Designs for DBH Freeza Clan characters

Post by Aim » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:39 am

What’s the link to buy it?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Original Akira Toriyama Designs for DBH Freeza Clan characters

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Some cool designs on the left, on the right those look like Freeza-Saiyan hybrids.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.