"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:59 am
Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:38 am
shadd21 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:49 am Do we know for certain if the drafts are coming out today?(or tomorrow?)
It's a special situation because today is 13th the usual day we get them, but since it's Sunday, we did not. I hope they come tomorrow, but maybe they don't want to spoil a hint for next arc before Jump Festa...
Are you telling me that in all these many months, from the moment UI Sign Goku first started fighting against Prime Moro, (since that was when these rough drafts first came out), that the 13th never ever fell on a Sunday until now???!

Seems pretty hard to believe.
Only in September, but it was early V-Jump release coincidentally so they put the drafts 2 days earlier too. :mrgreen:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:14 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:59 am
Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:38 am

It's a special situation because today is 13th the usual day we get them, but since it's Sunday, we did not. I hope they come tomorrow, but maybe they don't want to spoil a hint for next arc before Jump Festa...
Are you telling me that in all these many months, from the moment UI Sign Goku first started fighting against Prime Moro, (since that was when these rough drafts first came out), that the 13th never ever fell on a Sunday until now???!

Seems pretty hard to believe.
Only in September, but it was early V-Jump release coincidentally so they put the drafts 2 days earlier too. :mrgreen:
Aha, yes.. I remember that one time it came out on the 11th instead of the 13th, 2 days earlier xD that was certainly a nice treat. They should have done that now aswell, sucks that it didn’t. I just didn’t know that that was the reason they chose to release them earlier back then.😃

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:55 pm

On a different note, I just remembered THIS exists
It has been over 3 years now since we learned of the mysterious Makkora. Was she just a scrapped idea? It seems weird to have her complete with name near the other Angels. Maybe she will replace Merus now..? If Toyotaro planned this long ahead it would be certainly surprising.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:55 pm On a different note, I just remembered THIS exists
It has been over 3 years now since we learned of the mysterious Makkora. Was she just a scrapped idea? It seems weird to have her complete with name near the other Angels. Maybe she will replace Merus now..? If Toyotaro planned this long ahead it would be certainly surprising.
I think there might be more to this than just a simple character he created.. Who knows! Only time will tell!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:55 pm On a different note, I just remembered THIS exists
Since she's part of the 10 angels that aren't Whis or Vados here (replacing Korn), I think she might just be a scrapped character. None of those 10 angels are particularly deep and thoroughly developed characters or anything (as of right now), so I'm sure several other scrapped angel designs also exist, just that this one "survived" longer than the others. Not that the design can't be recycled, though! It doesn't have to be planned from all the way back then even if she does appear in the future, it could easily just be something born from convenience.
Now then, where are those drafts...?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:19 pm Now then, where are those drafts...?
Half a hour left until the deciding moment. I'm literally killing my time thinking of weird theories for next arc.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:29 pm
Half a hour left until the deciding moment. I'm literally killing my time thinking of weird theories for next arc.
Here they are!

https://dragonball.news/news/n201214067.html

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:24 pm

So he's really dead.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:18 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:29 pm
Here they are!

(Almost) Right on cue. There doesn't seem to be any mind-shattering revelations here, no "Moro returns!" or anything. Nothing about Beerus and Whis either, which is what I was hoping to see, but it's probably just coming later in the chapter. I think Goku and Vegeta have a short discussion about Uub (not by name, but about that huge power), though. I wonder if we really are starting to inch closer to EoZ now... Also, the slice of life-ish "afterparty" seems like it should be nice to read through when the chapter releases fully.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:27 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:24 pm So he's really dead.
Thank God!

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:42 pm

emperior wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:22 am If Dragon Ball is supposed to go on for a long time then they will most likely come up with something above Ultra Instinct. Personally I hope it won’t be new transformations but different ways to get stronger (ex. New techniques, new training etcetera).

Goku repudiates perfection not because he doesn’t want to attain it but because he believes no such thing exists. I see no reason why he should ditch Ultra Instinct just because it is that strong.
If they were going to go the strong route, I don't think UI would have been a thing.

I think it will be new technique plus power.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:57 pm

So based on the leaks it seems like they use the namekian dragon balls to bring back everyone killed by Moro and his men. So unless they did like in the Buu arc and only brought back good people, Cranberry is alive on Namek. And Saganbo, Shimorekka, and possibly 7-3 are alive on earth.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:13 pm

The last panel of the drafts mentions Merus and how he's the only to not be revived, so I bet the page afterwards will finally move us to the conversation between Beerus, Whis and Grand Priest.
I'm so looking forward to it! :thumbup:

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:15 pm

looking at the spoilers, it's going to be another villain from 7th universe.

If so Zamasu is still going to the only villain to come from another universe for at least the next 2 years.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 pm

Are we actually about to get an arc ending that leads into the next one?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:46 am

Totamo wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 pm Are we actually about to get an arc ending that leads into the next one?
Yes.

"Goku and his friends celebrate the salvation of the galaxy, but at the same time in another place, a new battle is brewing"

It's written somewhere here:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:14 am

Thank god this boring arc is over.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:33 am

So nothing came of the merged Namek, I thought he'd get absorbed by Piccolo or something.
He just got Warfed by Moro but he had no individual feats, at least it showed the Nameks are less passive and willing to fight back organisedly these days and learned since Freeza but yeah, wonder if they split him with the DB's off screen.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:32 am

This chapter’s title is giving me hope of Super finally going after EoZ. Though Merus’ problem could make this lead right into the next arc. I really cannot wait for this chapter to come out to finally have an idea about the next story.

As for the drafts, I really like how EoZ-ish the dialogue between Goku and Vegeta is, and I also love the idea of everyone celebrating at Satan’s considering how the arc basically began there.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:49 am

Herms translated the drafts, he's back?