Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:45 am

My Prediction (or at least, the only way I can think of this working):

Bra kills herself, out of remorse. She gives a speech about how Vegetto was right; That she needs to be put down, and she has failed him as a daughter. She erases her own soul, happy that no one will ever be hurt by her again. She is now and forever gone, and the Dragon Balls won't bring her back.

Vegetto is stunned. He thinks back to that time he threatened to kill her, and realizes that this is his legacy; A father tone-deaf enough to drive his own daughter to suicide.

Vegetto snaps. He goes on a rampage, screaming for someone, anyone, to bring his daughter back... And then XIII approaches him. XIII promises to send him back in time/restore her soul/whatever, if Vegetto snags the Dragon Balls for him. Vegetto is, from that point on, a father who will do anything, and kill anyone, just to have a 2nd chance.

Dunno how the scene with Bra, Vegeta, and Piccolo fits into this... And it's also a way darker story than I can ever picture Salagir wanting to tell. Still, Bra gets her redemption AND exits the story long enough for us to miss her. Plus, Vegetto's fall from grace comes about in a believable way. It's even foreshadowed by Vegetto's threat to erase Ginyu's soul.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:26 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:45 am My Prediction (or at least, the only way I can think of this working):

Bra kills herself, out of remorse. She gives a speech about how Vegetto was right; That she needs to be put down, and she has failed him as a daughter. She erases her own soul, happy that no one will ever be hurt by her again. She is now and forever gone, and the Dragon Balls won't bring her back.

Vegetto is stunned. He thinks back to that time he threatened to kill her, and realizes that this is his legacy; A father tone-deaf enough to drive his own daughter to suicide.

Vegetto snaps. He goes on a rampage, screaming for someone, anyone, to bring his daughter back... And then XIII approaches him. XIII promises to send him back in time/restore her soul/whatever, if Vegetto snags the Dragon Balls for him. Vegetto is, from that point on, a father who will do anything, and kill anyone, just to have a 2nd chance.

Dunno how the scene with Bra, Vegeta, and Piccolo fits into this... And it's also a way darker story than I can ever picture Salagir wanting to tell. Still, Bra gets her redemption AND exits the story long enough for us to miss her. Plus, Vegetto's fall from grace comes about in a believable way. It's even foreshadowed by Vegetto's threat to erase Ginyu's soul.
This is is fine stroy but you made a prediction going againts what was already shown to happen?

Bra tells them her father can't be stopped so she's there.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:54 pm

That's the big whole, yes. I'm just not sure how else Salagir would resolve things, without either of them being ruined as characters. The way things are going now, Bra is either going to keep being a hate sink, or Vegetto's going to be made to look like the bad guy (even though that's nonsense).
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:37 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:54 pm That's the big whole, yes. I'm just not sure how else Salagir would resolve things, without either of them being ruined as characters. The way things are going now, Bra is either going to keep being a hate sink, or Vegetto's going to be made to look like the bad guy (even though that's nonsense).
Salagir has already decided to ruin Vegetto in an effort to get people to feel sorry for Bra. He's not the first writer to do this and he won't be the last.

Bra is going to be feed to us in the event we start liking her and if the hat continues Salagir will look for more ways to get her over.

Honestly all he had to do was have her not massacre at the tournament and instead use her power to protect herself from her Dad, then in the flashback have her sad that she killed Goten and people might like her more.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm

The last panel is pure gold.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Bra's reaction after her rampage: full of remorse, admits her fault
Vegetto's reaction: even though Bra is finally showing self-awareness and was possessed by Babidi, he probably intends to kill her now

Compared to when Bra blew up a whole planet and killed Goten in the process:

Bra's reaction: no remorse at all, just self-pity: "wehh I can't find my way home on my own"
Vegetto's reaction: "Argh I'm so mad I can't control you, I'll have to kill you at some point instead of being a parent. Also, clean up your room (wish everyone back, come home on your own)"

Vegetto has shown to be a big baby even before it was shown he was threatening to kill Bra. He let others like Gohan raise her while he had too little patience to deal with her. Vegetto is the one who has shown to have zero self-awareness and now everyone has to deal with his shit. He will be defeated of course, but I wonder what excuse he'll have for not raising his own daughter.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Jesus, Bra. You really made a good case for yourself there. Maybe think twice about your choice of words with the guy who already threatened to kill you if you didn't change and you got too powerful? Maybe, "I'm sorry?" Or, "Babidi had control over my mind?" No? Just tell him 100% your fault? Okay, RIP.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Slangh wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:38 pmVegetto has shown to be a big baby even before it was shown he was threatening to kill Bra. He let others like Gohan raise her while he had too little patience to deal with her. Vegetto is the one who has shown to have zero self-awareness and now everyone has to deal with his shit. He will be defeated of course, but I wonder what excuse he'll have for not raising his own daughter.
It's definitely time for U18 Goku and Vegeta to fuse into Gogeta and put him down. What makes Vegetto look even worse (apart from choosing to beat down a girl who lost the will to fight, who happen to be his own daughter) is the fact that half of him is made of Vegeta, who killed faaaaar more people than she ever did. Like I said, U18 Gogeta needs to put him down.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 pm

God this is cheap an unearned. What happening here is horrific but I struggle to care because of how badly Bra is written and can only think how bastardised Vegetto has had to be in order to make Bra look less awful.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Honestly, Vegito doesn't seem that out of character to me. People are focusing on the fact that he's made up of Goku and Vegeta, but fusions are basically their own people too. Vegito was born the most powerful being he knows, by far. We've seen fusions let their power go to their heads in canon, but what happens if they never return to normal? Do they start to see themselves as gods?

Also, out of the two, Vegito takes more after Vegeta than Goku. This is event in their appearance and their name, which uses Goku's Saiyan name. While Vegeta has a hidden soft spot for his kids, he's absolutely the most violent of the Z fighters. This is the same guy who murdered Nappa, who was basically his mentor and father figure after the destruction of Planet Vegeta. Vegito is basically Vegeta, with his superiority complex dialed up to 11.

Bra, on the other hand, has been inconsistent. She destroys an entire solar system, including her brother, and she feels no remorse. But now she kills people while under Babidi's spell, and she feels bad? Wut??? Is she a heartless monster or not? Make up your mind!

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Part of me is sad, because Vegetto's actions are bad writting. The other part of me is happy, because that little bitc... girl deserves every bad thing for what she's done. She can cry, it's worthless.

But we all know she'll be forgiven and they'll be all holding hands together standing in eternal love circle.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:40 pm Jesus, Bra. You really made a good case for yourself there. Maybe think twice about your choice of words with the guy who already threatened to kill you if you didn't change and you got too powerful? Maybe, "I'm sorry?" Or, "Babidi had control over my mind?" No? Just tell him 100% your fault? Okay, RIP.
Vegetto already saw what happened and Bra is defeated already. She probably wants Vegetto to kill her.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:15 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:25 pm Honestly, Vegito doesn't seem that out of character to me. People are focusing on the fact that he's made up of Goku and Vegeta, but fusions are basically their own people too. Vegito was born the most powerful being he knows, by far. We've seen fusions let their power go to their heads in canon, but what happens if they never return to normal? Do they start to see themselves as gods?

Also, out of the two, Vegito takes more after Vegeta than Goku. This is event in their appearance and their name, which uses Goku's Saiyan name. While Vegeta has a hidden soft spot for his kids, he's absolutely the most violent of the Z fighters. This is the same guy who murdered Nappa, who was basically his mentor and father figure after the destruction of Planet Vegeta. Vegito is basically Vegeta, with his superiority complex dialed up to 11.

Bra, on the other hand, has been inconsistent. She destroys an entire solar system, including her brother, and she feels no remorse. But now she kills people while under Babidi's spell, and she feels bad? Wut??? Is she a heartless monster or not? Make up your mind!
I agree with some of what was done with Vegito in this fan comic. His growing frustration with his life due to his power, lack of a challenge, forced reasonability of both a protector of the universe and the two lives of his past selves. I can buy that he would turn evil, I can buy that he'd start to ponder threatening to destroy the universe if it made his kids strong enough to fight him, I can buy his short tempered nature with how weak and slow everyone else feels around him. What I can't buy is that the man who wants his children to become strong enough to fight him to the death is then going to care about his children or the universe. He cannot logically give a dame about if Bra killed Goten, or Gohan or threatened entire solar systems if in his heart of hearts he wants her to be this strong.

But Salagir is trying to have his cake and eat it by having Vegito jump from one end of the spectrum to another with no explanation or proper build up to it. The Vegito in the rest of the comic is not the man about to beat his destructive daughter to death because she's killed her brother. It makes no logical sense. Salagir just making him act this way towards Bra as part of his demented plot line to make us give a crap about this ticking time bomb Bra who he become overly attached to and wants use to sympathise with.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:16 pm

Consider: we still have not seen U16 Pan's reaction to U16 Gohan being bisected by Bra. Why? Because if Pan actually asked Bra why she did that, or even reacted to it, that would make Bra look bad. There is no reason not to see this scene, yet instead, we've skipped over it. Why?

Instead, we have jumped straight to Vegito--as in-character as it is for him--kicking Bra. It's the exact same shindig as the flashback: an adult authority figure on both feet contrasted with a crying young girl on the ground and defenseless. (Note the goshdarn panel of her big, innocent, teary eyes!) Except now he's physically hurting her.

Vegito is not being portrayed as in the right here, or even justified in his anger.

If Vegito isn't in the right, then Bra is undeserving of this treatment, and therefore she is in the right.

Bra murdered all these people and she is in the right.

This is literally the exact worst possible outcome of this rebellion: Bra turns evil, kills everyone, breaks the seal by herself, apologizes, then immediately has Vegito not only not accept her apology, but physically abuse her so we feel sorry for her. Sigh.
Excellent explanation by Ashanark. This whole page is basically emotional manipulation on Salagir's part. Which is fair enough I suppose, if he wants to go with a certain narrative. All writers do it, with various degrees of subtlety and depth. Salagir's just being really, really blunt about it. I also don't think it's anywhere near as effective as Salagir would've hoped, largely because of how horribly Bra and Vegetto have been written.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:15 am

The problem is Bra is an oc more or less who was written bad and to balance it out he has to make Vegetto a fan favorite look worse.

The only goal is people will sour on both.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:53 pm

God this Vegito is so OOC it hurts. But the fact they’re making HIM the bad guy after everything we saw with Bra is even worse

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Yeah, this is just out of character writing all around. Such a waste of the artist's talent.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:54 pm

I fucking love the Multiverse comment section. It's just hilarious seeing every page released being peppered with "I bet you Bra haters feel good about this. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOU SICK BASTARDS!"

Guys, it's a fictional character, I don't think you can shame someone into feeling guilty about a fictional character's fate. Unless it's Jason Todd, and even then that death was technically the best thing that ever happened to the guy.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:54 pm I fucking love the Multiverse comment section. It's just hilarious seeing every page released being peppered with "I bet you Bra haters feel good about this. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOU SICK BASTARDS!"

Guys, it's a fictional character, I don't think you can shame someone into feeling guilty about a fictional character's fate. Unless it's Jason Todd, and even then that death was technically the best thing that ever happened to the guy.
A father beating his daughter up regardless of it being fictional or not should ellict some response. Just wish said daughter wasn't written so poorly.
Last edited by miguelnuva1 on Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.