"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OrangeBanana » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:59 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am Everyone is talking about the new villain Granolla design, but I can't find it anywhere :(
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1339547980282482694

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:01 am

OrangeBanana wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:59 am
MCDaveG wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am Everyone is talking about the new villain Granolla design, but I can't find it anywhere :(
Thanks... Interesting. Looking really regular and unimpressive for a villain, which makes me actually interested in how will the new arc play out.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:02 am

Why does he remind me of Hearts in the way his eyes and eyebrows are drawn:

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:16 am

Granola looks like an average fighter but a brilliant scientist!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:38 am

After a while I came to the conclusion Granola looks like Placido from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, except with less spiky hair.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 am

He looks about as original as the other DBS villains so can't really say i'm surprised or disappointed.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:01 am
Thanks... Interesting. Looking really regular and unimpressive for a villain, which makes me actually interested in how will the new arc play out.
It has not been confirmed that Granola is actually the villain of the arc though... It could be that "stuff" which jumped on 7-3's head.

A lot of people are theorizing that it will be a Baby's inspired arc and, for now, I tend to agree.
Baby arc took place immediately after a "space opera" type arc, just as Granola is taking place after Moro which featured a great deal of space exploration.

Baby was an artificial being just as 7-3. He could infect people, and the "stuff" who "stuck" to 7-3's face could just have done that : infect him.

Design wise, Granola could be a fighter... Or a scientist and take the role of Dr Myu though with a bit more complex personality I guess.
The fact that it is implied he survived a disaster is another hints he could be a Tsuful, a race slaughtered by the Saiyans. His eye patch is just a feature to show that he has been severely injured.
I guess his true design colors we give us an other hint of the race he belongs to while his black&white design doesn't contradict any Tsuful design previously established in the anime. Though Toyotaro/Toriyama could reckon it and give Tsufuls whatever design they want since it would be their absolute debut in the Manga.

Another possibility, a lot less likely though, would be that Granola is Fused Zamasu in hiding. His slightly curly hair and human ear are the only thing that contradict that theory.

Otherwise he has exactly the same face, especially the eye. So one of his "clone" would have survived Zeno's multiversal blast using the time ring. Just in time to survive but no fast enough to do so without permanent damage.
It could explain the slight difference in design or else he could have fused again with yet another individual.

The eye patch is reminiscent of Fused Zamasu's one in SDBH. The colored version should invalidate that theory soon enough.

His goal in that arc could be to temporary team up with mortals to find a way to defeat Zen'o.
So this arc would be a mix of Baby / Hearts storyline.

Though that theory is the least probable one I would love if it is how it will actually play out. It would give a whole new dimension to an arc who seems limited in scale and stakes ( taking place in universe 7 again!! A place which shouldn't contain SSJ blue level foes anymore).
Last edited by Kepiaschkz on Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:49 am Ryokutya's impressions are out and he mentioned the enemy will be like "Kaitou Kid" from Detective Conan (An anti-villain thief kind of character)

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/38892
I strongly doubt they’re talking about the actual “enemy”... Most likely they’re talking about non-villain Granola.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:04 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 amHe looks about as original as the other DBS villains so can't really say i'm surprised or disappointed.
He's really generic looking (doesn't mean he won't be good), and he's also clearly not Toriyama's design, as he doesn't have that special look Toriyama's designs tend to have.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:25 am

Kepiaschkz wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 am Another possibility, a lot less likely though, would be that Granola is Fused Zamasu in hiding. His slightly curly hair and human ear are the only thing that contradict that theory.
I think that theory is way too far-fetched, BUT that guy does have a strong resemblance to Hearts, and the gadgets he wears are reminiscent of those that the Core Area Warriors had. Both Hearts and Zamasu had those weird technological gadgets.

Whether that means this arc will feature some concepts from the Core Area Warriors arc of Heroes, I do not know, but I noticed the similarity.

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:50 am

Whoever the main villain is he's going to make Moro seem like fodder and is going to make MUI seem like fodder.

The fact Goku can go MUI whenever he feels like means the main villain has to be on that level of power as well.

I seem some people say he won't be as strong. :lol:

Do people forget this is the same franchise that said Freeza is the strongest dude that has ever been alive in the universe, and he got fodderize 2 chapters later after the Namek arc ended?

ssjgbunnyman

Post by ssjgbunnyman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:02 am

Calling it now:

Granola is a Tuffle. He's Super's "Bebi".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid, I kid. He doesn't look like much of a fighter though, and he may not even be the antagonist but sets in motion the events that lead to the true big bad of this arc. Only time will tell.

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:08 am

I do wonder how anyone can challenge Goku now that he has MUI - will be interesting to see how they play this - whether it remains something he can rarely use even after mastering it or if they just keep going with insane power levels, LOL

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:38 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:30 am
batistabus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:40 pm
precita wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:26 pm The Moro arc has received a mixed reception in the fandom with most feeling negative about it than positive
What is your evidence for this? It's at least very popular in the West. On the Manga Plus website, when you add the English and Spanish views, it's the second most read manga after Boruto.
Boruto surpassed it? That's pretty sad, considering how the most read chapter of Boruto is not nearly as viewed as the least read chapter of Naruto. "Second only to Boruto" is not exactly a benchmark I'd aim for, but to each their own.
Naruto has been finished for years. Boruto is by far the most popular currently-running series on that site, and Super is beating One Piece, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Jujuitsu Kaisen, Dr. Stone, etc.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Do we know that hes the villain?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:09 pm Do we know that hes the villain?
Nope, not yet.

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Anomandaris wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:08 am I do wonder how anyone can challenge Goku now that he has MUI - will be interesting to see how they play this - whether it remains something he can rarely use even after mastering it or if they just keep going with insane power levels, LOL
Goku can do it freely at will.

This isn't like a Dragon Ball exclusive thing, this is a general action series, thing, like in One Piece almost everybody who fighting right now in Wano is at least around Yonko Commander, above it, or right under it. Madara defeated 5 Kages in Naruto at the same without even trying in his weakest form in the Naruto war arc.

And One Piece isn't even close to ending which means characters way more powerful than that are going to appear Oda already said the final arc of OP is going to make everything before seem like nothing, which he's planning on having power levels escalate a lot.

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:19 pm

I'm sure he is the main villain, Future Trunks was a popular character whos been around for decades it makes sense to name an arc after him.

And that arc is called the Goku Black arc all the time everywhere too.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:21 pm

So, one thing we know for sure is that whatever is going on with 7-3 is happening independently and on his own. We know this because what reason would Yunba have to ask if 7-3 is really dead or not if some outside force was am manipulating 7-3.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Anomandaris wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:08 amI do wonder how anyone can challenge Goku now that he has MUI.
We said this back when Battle of Gods came out when Goku reached SsjG, the villain will be randomly stronger and Goku will get yet another form.