"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BWri » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:41 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:31 pm Nah he still looks like a dork.
:lol: I mean, that's true but it is the exact same expression.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:51 pm

I m just happy we finally got an arc that connects. We are slowly getting there.

Now if merus is alive, I hope there are some consequences otherwise angels have become broken. Like if he lost his powers, I be ok with that.
Last edited by Totamo on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:53 pm

so about 73
oh and jaco already told us some informations about him!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpddsBNW4AE ... ame=medium

about Merus

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:04 pm

My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:06 pm I think is obvious there is going to be another transformation eventually. But I also feel it won’t come until there is a new animated product because they probably would want to merchandise a new form like crazy

Also for the new character design . I actually kind of like it
A new transformation but will it be the UI route or SS route.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 pm

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:14 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 pm
Exactly!

And we already know that they can
So there are a lot of possibilities :o

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm
Anomandaris wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:08 amI do wonder how anyone can challenge Goku now that he has MUI.
We said this back when Battle of Gods came out when Goku reached SsjG, the villain will be randomly stronger and Goku will get yet another form.
Super Saiyan Instinct has a nice ring to it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:24 pm
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 pmSo, we've seen quite literally half a dozen panels from the next arc so far, and we're already getting the expressions of disappointment.
I don't think people are disappointed, but rather worried. Moro's first 8 chapters were great, but everything after, with a few exceptions, wasn't very good. First impressions are everything, and Toyotaro unfortunately wasted his opportunity. I do agree that we don't know much about the arc to make a judgement one way or another, but based on the previous arc, I'm going to keep my expectations low.
I'd add that the preview chapter basically going "73 might be alive and thus important for the next arc" immediately does not bode well. Like, the guy has a rather boring ability and is even more of a block of wood than Jiren, so that implication just immediately has me making strained noises with my throat. It also kinda makes the Moro arc feel even more dragged out with 73 still living after all this bullshit.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Imagine if in the next chapter Granola defeats all the "clones". We can have a little show about his power/gadgets, and maybe know more about 73.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:44 pm

The Moro saga to me was not bad, but it could have been better. I feel like it's the Baby saga of Super because both sagas rehash older ideas, but they are still enjoyable. I do think Moro is a solid villain because he uses broken magical powers and not brutal force to win. He is probably the closet thing that Dragon Ball has to Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat with him asborbing power and becoming stronger when becoming younger. He was a refreshing villain to have than another bulky character (Jiren, Broly, Yi Xing Long, etc).

My Super sagas rankings:

Future Trunks Saga
Tournament of Power
Moro Saga
Universe 6 Tournament
Battle of Gods Saga
Revival F Saga
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Every time I see new manga stuff I keep getting flashbacks to either GT or the original 13 DBZ movies. I don't know why but this doesn't feel like Toriyama stuff. It's like the villains Toei would create for the movies.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:50 pm

precita wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pmI don't know why but this doesn't feel like Toriyama stuff. It's like the villains Toei would create for the movies.
That's because Toriyama (most likely) didn't create him.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:51 pm

precita wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm Every time I see new manga stuff I keep getting flashbacks to either GT or the original 13 DBZ movies. I don't know why but this doesn't feel like Toriyama stuff. It's like the villains Toei would create for the movies.
I disagree, it looks very much like what he'd design these days for video games and other stories. It feels very Toriyama to me, unlike Moro did.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:54 pm

What if we get a multi fusion of an army of UI level copied 73’s??? I could perfectly see that as an extremely big threat to our heroes.

Even though I absolutely detest 73’s design..

He looks too simple and one dimensional.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:43 pm
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 pmSo, we've seen quite literally half a dozen panels from the next arc so far, and we're already getting the expressions of disappointment.
I don't think people are disappointed, but rather worried. Moro's first 8 chapters were great, but everything after, with a few exceptions, wasn't very good. First impressions are everything, and Toyotaro unfortunately wasted his opportunity. I do agree that we don't know much about the arc to make a judgement one way or another, but based on the previous arc, I'm going to keep my expectations low.
I'd add that the preview chapter basically going "73 might be alive and thus important for the next arc" immediately does not bode well. Like, the guy has a rather boring ability and is even more of a block of wood than Jiren, so that implication just immediately has me making strained noises with my throat. It also kinda makes the Moro arc feel even more dragged out with 73 still living after all this bullshit.
Firstly, you have no idea of the specific way in which OG73-I might end up being important to the arc as a whole (even with the added leaks, we don't know why this is happening or what the end goal is). Secondly, you also have no idea what the strength of the connection to the Moro arc really will be yet. OG73-I has survived, which seems to allow a new adventure to kick off, but so far that's it. Super has made deliberate connections between arcs before, and this is only to be expected.

But ultimately, you don't know. Because you haven't read it yet. So the rush to judgement is hardly warranted.

I'm sure I'll be saying this all through this arc, too.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:08 pm

What I really wanna know is why Granola is a survivor? Personally I think its something to do with Beerus and his job as a destroyer, maybe Granola is out for revenge against all beings who could endanger the universe he loves that would kinda make sense dunno.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:04 pm
Kanassa wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Firstly, you have no idea of the specific way in which OG73-I might end up being important to the arc as a whole (even with the added leaks, we don't know why this is happening or what the end goal is). Secondly, you also have no idea what the strength of the connection to the Moro arc really will be yet. OG73-I has survived, which seems to allow a new adventure to kick off, but so far that's it. Super has made deliberate connections between arcs before, and this is only to be expected.

But ultimately, you don't know. Because you haven't read it yet. So the rush to judgement is hardly warranted.

I'm sure I'll be saying this all through this arc, too.
It's not rush judgment, it's "I have a bad feeling about this." I don't know what will specifically happen, I don't know how far it will be carried, I do know that the manga making a point that 73 is still alive and the later page following that with 'Oh no, an army of 73's' in a set up for these points to be important puts me at the opposite of interest. It's like when Rise of Skywalker starts off with telling us that the grand return of the main villain was saved for Fortnite instead of the actual movie. Even if the rest of the movie turned out to be good (it didn't, but that is besides the point), I'd be perfectly justified in thinking that it was a bad sign for the story ahead.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pmIt's not rush judgment, it's "I have a bad feeling about this." I don't know what will specifically happen, I don't know how far it will be carried, I do know that the manga making a point that 73 is still alive and the later page following that with 'Oh no, an army of 73's' in a set up for these points to be important puts me at the opposite of interest.
Now I may be mistaken, but this statement seems to say that you're currently of the opinion that you're not going to be interested in/you will actively dislike an arc that you haven't read yet, because of isolated plot points you happen to know about.

How is that not a rush to judgement?

I'm sure you have your reasons - everybody does (and you're hardly unique, I should say - It's not my intention to single you out; you're just 'here for it' right now). But it really does seem like you've made the conclusion an inevitability here, no matter what actually happens.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:35 pm

I like Granola’s design. Really cool and DQ-esque which was exactly what I wanted for a new antagonist. I wonder if Toriyama designed him or at least co-designed with Toyotaro.

I wouldn’t mind if it turns out he was a survivor from the Tsufuru. The fact he uses weapons, has a sort of scouter similar to the old models used by Paragas in the movie, the clothing and his seemingly connection with 73 which has been created by advanced technology could all be hints that he is indeed a Tsufuru.
That would be dope cause it would connect to the history of the Saiyan race.

Hopefully this arc won’t be just contained to U7. I wonder what kind of new power-ups they will give to Goku and Vegeta.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical