Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:54 pm I fucking love the Multiverse comment section. It's just hilarious seeing every page released being peppered with "I bet you Bra haters feel good about this. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED YOU SICK BASTARDS!"

Guys, it's a fictional character, I don't think you can shame someone into feeling guilty about a fictional character's fate. Unless it's Jason Todd, and even then that death was technically the best thing that ever happened to the guy.
Eh, it took New52 for Jason to finally get the development he deserved. Rebirth in 2016 even moreso. Prior, it was up and down, with a LOT more down (looking at YOU Morrison!).

That was off tangent, but Jason is my favorite DC character. Anyway, there are a lot of issues with Multiverse. It will have a good arc (like the last filler one, overall, inspite of the art), and then back to "this". I honestly only follow it here to see what other people are saying about it at this point.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:54 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:40 pm
A father beating his daughter up regardless of it being fictional or not should ellict some response. Just wish said daughter was written so poorly.
If it's poorly written bullshit, it's no surprise it would illicit little response. Them being father and daughter doesn't inherently carry weight without a story to back it up, especially when the mechanics of the framing at work are made so obvious.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:54 pm
A father beating his daughter up regardless of it being fictional or not should ellict some response. Just wish said daughter was written so poorly.
If it's poorly written bullshit, it's no surprise it would illicit little response. Them being father and daughter doesn't inherently carry weight without a story to back it up, especially when the mechanics of the framing at work are made so obvious.
Poorly written doesn't change that a parent beating their child is f*cked up.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:37 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:17 pm Poorly written doesn't change that a parent beating their child is f*cked up.
It's emotional shielding. We refuse to be manipulated, so we try to shut down what would be our normal emotional response.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 am

Vegetto's face in the last image is decent reaction image material.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 am Vegetto's face in the last image is decent reaction image material.
Try this on:

We call it "Bojacking".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:23 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:17 pm
A dead body is fucked up. We still likely won't blink when we see one in fiction unless it's someone we give a crap about.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:58 am

Kanassa wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:23 am

A dead body is fucked up. We still likely won't blink when we see one in fiction unless it's someone we give a crap about.
Yeah. It's why Gohan getting cut in half and Piccolo getting turned into slush were so much more emotionally impactful than what's happening to Bra. People actually cared about Gohan and Piccolo, whereas Bra is almost universally reviled.

It's kinda funny how Salagir's attempts to make DBM overly dark, gritty and edgy resulted in his OC garnering a ton more hate than she would've if the violence and tone was more like DBZ.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:05 am

TheGodfather93 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:58 am

Yeah. It's why Gohan getting cut in half and Piccolo getting turned into slush were so much more emotionally impactful than what's happening to Bra. People actually cared about Gohan and Piccolo, whereas Bra is almost universally reviled.
It's also because, when the audience can tell the author is favoring one character over the others in a fight, immediately the two characters who are managing to survive by the skin of their teeth and making smart plays become the Underdogs that deserve to win; only for the creator's pet to then constantly be given a free pass to take away the victories these characters rightfully earned for no reason other than the creator likes one character more.

Kanassa wrote:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:51 am

That's apples and oranges. A fictional character being dead is still different from a fictional parent abusing their kid.

Like I said you don't have to have zero reaction, I'm just saying seeing Vegetto do that is jarring.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:29 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:51 am That's apples and oranges. A fictional character being dead is still different from a fictional parent abusing their kid.

Like I said you don't have to have zero reaction, I'm just saying seeing Vegetto do that is jarring.
Indeed.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Wow, Salagir is really going to go all out on his spin. Tug on the heartstrings by making this full on abuse, huh?

I agree with what has been said on these last 3 pages, here and on the dbm site. Salagir is trying to sell something that isn't there: A reason to care about his waifu.
Last edited by FoolsGil on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 pm

This has nothing to do with what she did, as he knows it can all be fixed, but rather he's afraid of someone, even his own child getting stronger than him.

If Vegetto is this intimidated by a little girl who doesn't have a chance against him, I can't wait to see his reaction when U18 Gogeta has him under his boot. 8)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:00 pm

"You dare?" Dare what? Defend herself from an attack? That seems like an odd line. I feel like it would have been more in-character if he smiled. He's a Saiyan who hasn't had a real challenge in forever. If Vegeta were in a similar situation, I don't think he'd be like, "Why don't you just let me hit you?" An unmoving target isn't a challenge. Heck, he'd probably be offended at their lack of Saiyan pride.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:20 pm

The destruction of Vegetto's character to try and push Bra makes me think Salagir might be Vince Mcmahon.

In all seriousness this doesn't even seem like the same character anymore. He wants his daughter to sit there and just take a beating, that's not even saiyan pride pushed to the extreme. And no the terrified look doesn't make me feel for Bra it just makes me wish Goku and Vegeta get involved.

This is not the way to get people to like Bra it just brings Vegetto down to her level of hatred.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:36 pm

I don't see this as abuse but as a parent chastising their kid for being stupid, reckless and gullible.

While I do think that Salagir is going far out of his way to paint Vegetto in a bad light, I'm still on his side so far. I'm no hater on Salagir's spin on Bra either but I do think she deserves some heat for doing what she did, she wasn't possessed by a Tuffle machine parasite, or had her body stolen by an narcissistic God or even had a brainwash device wedged onto her brain (well kinda) and I'm not undermining Babidi's mind control abilities but I'm sure Bra had enough self-awareness not to let him gain full control, she did what she wanted.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:57 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:36 pm I don't see this as abuse but as a parent chastising their kid for being stupid, reckless and gullible.

While I do think that Salagir is going far out of his way to paint Vegetto in a bad light, I'm still on his side so far. I'm no hater on Salagir's spin on Bra either but I do think she deserves some heat for doing what she did, she wasn't possessed by a Tuffle machine parasite, or had her body stolen by an narcissistic God or even had a brainwash device wedged onto her brain (well kinda) and I'm not undermining Babidi's mind control abilities but I'm sure Bra had enough self-awareness not to let him gain full control, she did what she wanted.
What Vegetto is doing is not chastising. Even parents that use a belt are not suppose to do so in anger or in Vegetto's case to kill.

The second you do so any anger no matter the situation or relationship its abuse. They're saiyans so I'm going Vegetto more leeway with the level of physical punishment but its still abusive because of his mindset.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Yiiiiikes. Salagir is REALLY writing Vegito so horribly OOC just to push something that wasn't even there to make everyone feel bad for poor innocent Bra. This is really taking it over the line. It feels so cheap and unearned. It doesn't even feel satisyfing since shes like a scared little puppy.

What was so wrong with actually having Bra go down in battle while she was Majin? Instead we got that passive shit and now this.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:24 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:57 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:36 pm I don't see this as abuse but as a parent chastising their kid for being stupid, reckless and gullible.

What Vegetto is doing is not chastising. Even parents that use a belt are not suppose to do so in anger or in Vegetto's case to kill.
She just killed her brother and a bunch of other people in callus cold blood, she didn't stay out past her curfew. How do you propose she be dealt with?

If a kid is playing with matches and burns her younger sibling by accident she should be physically disciplined. Fast forward a few years later and this same kid now sets the house on fire after her parents told her not to use the stove because she couldn't manage the knob to adjust the flame, yet she lets an outsider convince her to do so and in the process kills her siblings and destroys the house, how do you propose she be dealt with? A stern talking to and no Social Media for a month? Get the hell outta here.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:36 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:24 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:57 pm

She just killed her brother and a bunch of other people in callus cold blood, she didn't stay out past her curfew. How do you propose she be dealt with?

If a kid is playing with matches and burns her younger sibling by accident she should be physically disciplined. Fast forward a few years later and this same kid now sets the house on fire after her parents told her not to use the stove because she couldn't manage the knob to adjust the flame, yet she lets an outsider convince her to do so and in the process kills her siblings and destroys the house, how do you propose she be dealt with? A stern talking to and no Social Media for a month? Get the hell outta here.
I didn't say don't whopp you kids. I said don't do so in anger and don't decide you yourself is going to kill said kid.

Also if I fucked up and raised by kid so poorly that those incidents happened that's also on me as a parent.

My mother used a belt a on me but she always explained to me why after two verbal warnings and then comforted me afterwards. I never would have let someone influence me over her.