"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:23 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:40 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:18 amThe entire Buu arc took place in only 2 days
Bro...

Think I saw someone saying the same thing recently but I forgot to post this. Where does this misconception that "Majin Buu saga takes place in just two days" come from?
I probably should've been more clear, I meant from the time Buu arrived during the tournament until his defeat. I wasn't thinking about the training and Saiyaman parts.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:25 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:40 am
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:18 amThe entire Buu arc took place in only 2 days
Bro...

Think I saw someone saying the same thing recently but I forgot to post this. Where does this misconception that "Majin Buu saga takes place in just two days" come from?
That was me, and No I am not considering the whole part of the arc where Gohan goes to school, trains with Goten and Videl, etc. I'm considering only the interesting bits.

We were talking about how it's "stupid" that the ToP only lasts 48 minutes, so naturally we were considering only the major conflicts of each arc. The Buu arc conflict lasts 2 days.

Otherwise if we were considering everything that comes before that then the ToP arc would have lasted several days, which is a perfectly normal duration for an arc. In fact I'm pretty sure the Recruitment phase lasts for several days, as there are several night scenes. Goku and Android 17 fight the pirates at night, Goku and Gohan fight another night, and Goku, Frieza, and Sidra's minions fight yet another night. That's already 3 full days before the Tournament starts, and it's not even considering the Zeno Exhibition Match, which I imagine happened another day.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:46 am

So...Granola. What's the speculation? Angel? Fallen Angel? Makaioshin? Servant of any of the former? Something else??? We at least know he has the power to put down a small army of Androids that all have the power of post-Moro 7-3. He's got to be on par with an Angel apprentice to easily handle such a group.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 am

theherodjl wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:46 am So...Granola. What's the speculation? Angel? Fallen Angel? Makaioshin? Servant of any of the former? Something else??? We at least know he has the power to put down a small army of Androids that all have the power of post-Moro 7-3. He's got to be on par with an Angel apprentice to easily handle such a group.
He knows the 73-style robots' weakness, the head crystals, and is strong enough to destroy them. That doesn't necessarily mean he's GoD-tier or angel tier or whatever else, it mainly just suggests that he fights smart rather than hard. Of course, he's not going to be weak considering how far along we are in Dragon Ball Super at this point (welcome to the 8th DBS story), but it's too early to say much about whether he's super strong or super duper strong.
As for who/what he is, it'd probably be best to give the story more than half a chapter to introduce us to the new arc. I doubt that he's got anything to do with the angels, though, since that'd be Merus 2, and also since he's called a survivor, and angels don't seem to really need to survive anything, as they're practically invincible unless they break their own rules. The answer to the question lies in what it is he survived. Maybe he's a tuffle survivor, like some fans have speculated, though I personally don't think so. It's just way too soon to come to any reasonable conclusion here.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am

From what little we saw, I really think that Granolah is just a (very skilled) space bounty hunter, no matter how cliche that may sound.

As for the "survivor" thing, it may be that he wasn't actually survivor of some big accident, but rather the way he lives his life - collecting bounties all over the universe, maybe even the entire multiverse, often having to face foes at at least Jiren's level.

Maybe I'm going too far, but I believe we sort of reached that point in story where even ToP Jiren is starting to feel sorta oudated, as far as power is concerned.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm

How strong are the other OGs? Apparently OG-73 was exceptional due to all the battle data(whatever that means), for all we know the others might be a bunch of Dodorias in power. Which would still be more than enough to conquer the Universe, if Freeza was still dead.

I would rather a technological angle than fallen Angel or whatever.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:20 pm

"Fallen Angel" would literally just be Zamasu 2.0. Zamasu is already the Dragon Ball's version of Lucifer/Satan, which originated the "Fallen Angel" trope. Merus wasn't a fallen angel, and Granola won't be one either. It's just already been done.

And I know that by "Fallen Angel" you just mean an Angel (as in Grand Priest's child) who went evil, but again that kind of storyline has already been done. There was an entire arc solely revolving around a God who disagreed with the system and rebelled. There wouldn't be anything new.

No, I think Granola is just a ningen survivor. He isn't anything special.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:17 pm

Psajdak wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:33 am Maybe I'm going too far, but I believe we sort of reached that point in story where even ToP Jiren is starting to feel sorta oudated, as far as power is concerned.
Nah Jiren still relevant in terms of power. Still 'the strongest mortal in the cosmos' as per Moro's death that is. Moro being a rather special case and truly becoming tougher than Jiren by copying his powers and adding them to him again. Cause the more people you ask I'm sure they'll tell you that Jiren defeats Prime Moro.

I digress. Granolah is Universe 7's Hit I guess. 'Smart, elegant, resourceful' fighter who battles to survive and maybe deals with contracts. AS for him being the main villain or something, we gotta wait and see. Perhaps main cast helps Granolah survive during this arc, from whoever is chasing him ( sounds like Time Patrol mortal Merus will show what he is capable of this arc).
P O W E R

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:10 pm

The Undying wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:59 pm
TKA wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:49 am My foolish hope is that they just do a straight adaptation, not unlike what DBKai/DBZKai purports to be. I can do without the anime muddying things up with its nonsense.
I agree, but I think it's unlikely to happen without additional scenes. The (already fillerish) Earth invasion segment is practically begging Toei to insert more filler. Gotta give Yamcha his "time to shine" against... uh... I forget his name.

Yawn.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
Man, you just gave me 'nam flashbacks to the Garlic Jr. arc.

The only time "giving people their time to shine" was done even moderately well was Resurrection F. Probably because it was done with no tension whatsoever because nobody took Frieza seriously by then. Toriyama seems to be the only one self-aware enough to realize that this frivolous fanservice should be kinda tongue in cheek.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

LightBing wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm How strong are the other OGs? Apparently OG-73 was exceptional due to all the battle data(whatever that means), for all we know the others might be a bunch of Dodorias in power. Which would still be more than enough to conquer the Universe, if Freeza was still dead.

I would rather a technological angle than fallen Angel or whatever.
The minion of the Master Goichi stated that the data of post-Moro 7-3 was copied into each unit and that "all should now have equivalent capabilities".
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:20 pmNo, I think Granola is just a ningen survivor. He isn't anything special.
Well, evidently he is special since he's a really strong mortal that just came out of nowhere.
Alruneia wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 amHe knows the 73-style robots' weakness, the head crystals, and is strong enough to destroy them. That doesn't necessarily mean he's GoD-tier or angel tier or whatever else, it mainly just suggests that he fights smart rather than hard. Of course, he's not going to be weak considering how far along we are in Dragon Ball Super at this point (welcome to the 8th DBS story), but it's too early to say much about whether he's super strong or super duper strong.
Still, being able to casually wreck these souped-up machines with as much strength & speed as he demonstrated(if that was even his full power), he would definitely qualify to be a candidate for Hakaishin.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm Well, evidently he is special since he's a really strong mortal that just came out of nowhere.
I mean special biologically. As I said he's probably just a ningen, not a God or Angel, which are very ancient beings who tower above creation.

The biology of the Dragon World works like this:

- You are either a Kai, Destroyer, or Angel, in which case you are biologically a God and are entitled to rule over the ningens.

- Or you are just a ningen, as in a human, as in a mortal. So basically you're part of the unwashed masses.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Oh please, what does special even mean in DB?

Pretty much most of god type characters were dwarfed by mere "ningens" eventually, like Kami, Kaio; Kaioshin became a joke even before the main event with Buu even began, etc...

Zamasu had to steal body of a mortal, and/or wish for immortality to keep up with Goku and Vegeta, and even as a fusion which is related to Kaioshin, it was obvious that Vegetto would have annihilated him, if it wasn't for Zamasu's using cheat codes.

The only time Zamasu, as a special guy ever relied on his own strength was when he first met Goku, and we all know how that encounter went.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:26 pm

Psajdak wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:22 pm Oh please, what does special even mean in DB?

Pretty much most of god type characters were dwarfed by mere "ningens" eventually, like Kami, Kaio; Kaioshin became a joke even before the main event with Buu even began, etc...

Zamasu had to steal body of a mortal, and/or wish for immortality to keep up with Goku and Vegeta, and even as a fusion which is related to Kaioshin, it was obvious that Vegetto would have annihilated him, if it wasn't for Zamasu's using cheat codes.

The only time Zamasu, as a special guy ever relied on his own strength was when he first met Goku, and we all know how that encounter went.
I did say special biologically (that's why for example Gods are naturally born with God ki, or the Potara is permanent on them), also I get that Zamasu lives in your head rent free but we were talking about Granola.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:32 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:26 pm I did say special biologically (that's why for example Gods are naturally born with God ki, or the Potara is permanent on them), also I get that Zamasu lives in your head rent free but we were talking about Granola.
Sorry, I just wanted to express my hatred towards Zamasu, that's all. :cry:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:45 pm

Granola.

A cool looking guy that survived something, coming out of nowhere, with evident hitech gimmicks and destroying androids.

Sure this is original.

...no, wait, it isn't.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:59 pm

It would be neat if Granola or his race were the ones who designed the 7-3s and he intended to erase them, seeing them as being too dangerous to exist. No arguement there.

For some reason I can see one robo getting reprogrammed to be "good", or at least not a bad dude. Maybe the Z-Fighters want an adaptive training partner or something.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:21 pm

Psajdak wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:32 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:26 pm I did say special biologically (that's why for example Gods are naturally born with God ki, or the Potara is permanent on them), also I get that Zamasu lives in your head rent free but we were talking about Granola.
Sorry, I just wanted to express my hatred towards Zamasu, that's all. :cry:
Don't worry, there's no reason not to vent every now and then.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:57 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm The minion of the Master Goichi stated that the data of post-Moro 7-3 was copied into each unit and that "all should now have equivalent capabilities".
You're right. While he went for their weak spots, his power should still pretty great.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:53 pm

I'm going into this story expecting the unexpected.
Remember when we all though East Kaioshin was evil? That "evil-ish" grin he made definitely threw us off.
Or when we thought Beerus on the Battle of Gods poster was a villian, then when the film came out we found out he was more neutral than evil.

Then there is the introduction of villians.
Here we are first to believe Android 19 and Dr Gero are the main baddies of the arc, until we end up with Perfect Cell fighting the Z Fighters in the Cell Games.

Or the many many forms of Buu ... Fat, to Skinny, to Super, to original.

So who knows what will happen in this new arc. Should be exciting.

If i was a betting man, i'd say Granola is not evil. He most likely is a Tsjurujin or a galactic bounty hunter.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:05 pm

My Theories on who Granolah could be: Granolah could be a Tsufurujin bounty hunter in the outer rims of U7 who's been in hiding since the decimation of his race at the hands of the Saiyans when they invaded and took over (Planet Vegeta)

Oatmeel is most likely an artificial intelligence like J.A.R.V.I.S. (From Marvel/Iron Man) that Granolah constructed in order to help him with Jobs and targets (Maybe he can't sense Ki like Freeza?)

What or why does he need OG-73? Seventhree potentially has Moro & Merus' Copied abilities stored inside of him and Granolah wants to use Seventhree as an fighter (Weapon) against Goku and Vegeta and eliminate the Saiyans (like Freeza)

Or perhaps Granolah wants to auction/sell Seventhree to the highest bidder in Universe 7 who would deem or view Seventhree as an very important bounty

Granolah could also be the last survivor of a race that Moro wiped out and he managed to escape in time while hiding his ki so Moro wouldn't sense him and he manage to watch the entire events (Omen Goku Vs. Moro, Vegeta Vs. Moro, Moro73 vs. Z-warriors, UI Goku vs Moro73) as they unfolded thru GodTube

Either way he's one of the better designed Super Characters (DQ X Chrono Trigger Vibes) :D