Is there any reason why the Moro arc hasn't gotten any merchandise yet?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is there any reason why the Moro arc hasn't gotten any merchandise yet?

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:13 pm

Kagari wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:15 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:29 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:23 pm I might be wrong but I think that manga-only content is not merchandised. For example, I don't think there's any merchandise of Super Saiyan Goku Black (correct me if I'm wrong), as that form appears only in the manga.

So the answer is probably just "they are waiting for the anime to cover the Moro arc".
There's this this and a couple of attacks on Dokkan and Heroes.
That Kafla there is an unofficial statue. Officially she's only gotten a couple small gashapons.

To answer the OP, it's because the animation is the main product for commercialization.
the "proportions" ... and even the design hardly resembles the manga / anime lol

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:47 am

Probably because there's no animated version of him yet. It seems like the casual Dragon Ball fans are the ones that only watch the anime and don't read the manga. We still don't know if the Moro arc will ever get adapted or not because they did call it a "Manga exclusive arc".
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:05 pm

At least as far as games or any voiced content goes (and even colored content too to a lesser extent), they're probably only going ahead once there's an adaptation. They probably don't want a Jojo situation where the games and merchandising give colors and voices to characters that then clash with what the anime team decides to go with afterwards. At least Jojo could use the whole "variable color" as a stylistic choice, it'd stand out much more with Dragonball.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pm

Assuming there is an anime after the rerun ends, does this mean Moro won't be in anything for at least another 2 years?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:02 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pmAssuming there is an anime after the rerun ends, does this mean Moro won't be in anything for at least another 2 years?
That's what was said at Jump Festa.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pm Assuming there is an anime after the rerun ends, does this mean Moro won't be in anything for at least another 2 years?
Will people even remember his name once he's finally added into a videogame? HAHA.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:02 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:23 pmAssuming there is an anime after the rerun ends, does this mean Moro won't be in anything for at least another 2 years?
I'm sorry for the late reply but do you happen to have a video or a screenshot of that being confirmed? I'm discussing this with a friend and all I have is that twitter post TeamMangaTV made and I didn't even know who that was before last month.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:57 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:02 am
I'm sorry for the late reply but do you happen to have a video or a screenshot of that being confirmed? I'm discussing this with a friend and all I have is that twitter post TeamMangaTV made and I didn't even know who that was before last month.
No, I never thought of saving it. I'm sure you can find it on Youtube in an interview or the stage thing they had.