Shueisha, Twitter and DMCA

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Shueisha, Twitter and DMCA

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:00 pm

SO turns out it wasn't actually Shuiesha - it was some dickhead with a vendetta just abusing the copyright reporting system.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:14 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:00 pm SO turns out it wasn't actually Shuiesha - it was some dickhead with a vendetta just abusing the copyright reporting system.
Source?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:38 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:00 pm SO turns out it wasn't actually Shuiesha - it was some dickhead with a vendetta just abusing the copyright reporting system.
I heard about this too, but it can't really be as clear cut as that. It's not enough that some random person goes around reporting things as copyright infringement, the reports have to actually be "accepted" as well, since malicious reporting happens constantly. Sites like Twitter have largely automated report systems, so those reports were either looked at directly by a Twitter bot and then DMCA striked, or they were sent to Shueisha, who in that case most likely also used some kind of bot which "accepted" most/all of them. In either case, this whole thing still happened because of bot business, it just means that the bot might not have been crawling through Twitter and reporting everything itself. Which does improve the situation in a small way, I guess...
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm

Well I already deleted a good portion of my tweets from last year and it makes me more hesitant to tweet about Dragon Ball so I guess the damage is already done

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:03 pm

My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 pm

I just saw on Twitter. It’s insane Twitter’s copyright system can be so easily abused but I doubt they will make any moves to fix it even after something like this

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 pm

What's insane is that Shueisha didn't make any official statement about this affair at all they haven't denied at all of this. :shock:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi I'm Shueisha and I'm 15 years behind the curve.

Find another way to make money in 2021 you clowns, because this shit will only make your situation worse.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:32 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 pm What's insane is that Shueisha didn't make any official statement about this affair at all they haven't denied at all of this. :shock:
Also noticed non of the big anime news outlets covered any of this. Anime News Network, Crunchyroll, when they usually post these piracy and DMCA-related news all the time but none of them even acknowledged the issue's existence.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:12 pm

Maybe people should stop posting manga scans and extended clips of the anime then. It was always rather obvious people were getting away from too much.