Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:50 pm

In 2021 we're gonna have lots to discuss about Dragon Ball.

2021:

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:46 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 pm Image
This is just amazing :lol: :clap:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 am

Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:50 pm In 2021 we're gonna have lots to discuss about Dragon Ball.

2021:

We've barely had anything to talk about since 2018, when the anime ended.

Evidently, Toyotaro's little manga isn't enough to generate interest and internet traffic.

Cue in the Chad Toei vs. Virgin Toyotaro meme.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:40 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 am
Grimlock wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:50 pm In 2021 we're gonna have lots to discuss about Dragon Ball.

2021:

Evidently, Toyotaro's little manga isn't enough to generate interest and internet traffic.

The manga is the only Super content keeping my attention right now. Other than that, all I've got is a potential return to the series (most likely based on Toyotaro's solo work), or a movie that has yet to be announced. Forget Heroes. Also, hot take, I know, but IMO, Toyotaro generally did a better job than TOEI. I know people generally disagree with me, and I respect and understand their opinions, but I find TOEI's version of events to be more lacking. More unnecessary, unexplained transformations, because that's the only way they know to hold our attention. Fewer explanations, like the mess of a time travel story of the Future Trunks arc (which has a chart in the manga version, which actually explains what's going on). Moro had his problems, but he's infinitely more interesting than Goku Black, the evil water Vegeta thing, or TOEI's version of Jiren. IMO, the series going forward should be written in manga form first, then have the anime expand and hopefully improve on it, rather than have the manga and anime competing with one another.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:40 pm

2021:

The manga is the only Super content keeping my attention right now. Other than that, all I've got is a potential return to the series (most likely based on Toyotaro's solo work), or a movie that has yet to be announced. Forget Heroes. Also, hot take, I know, but IMO, Toyotaro generally did a better job than TOEI. I know people generally disagree with me, and I respect and understand their opinions, but I find TOEI's version of events to be more lacking. More unnecessary, unexplained transformations, because that's the only way they know to hold our attention. Fewer explanations, like the mess of a time travel story of the Future Trunks arc (which has a chart in the manga version, which actually explains what's going on). Moro had his problems, but he's infinitely more interesting than Goku Black, the evil water Vegeta thing, or TOEI's version of Jiren. IMO, the series going forward should be written in manga form first, then have the anime expand and hopefully improve on it, rather than have the manga and anime competing with one another.
I'm in the minority that agree with you. I much prefer manga version of Super. Especially Zamasu and ToP arcs are superior in manga imo. If Super ever comes back it should just stick to manga and do not change anything. Just let it be what DB/Z anime were to original manga. If they want to add fillers, go on, DBS anime already felt like mess full of fillers like Copy Vegeta and that alien from space that Jaco let escape. Just do not ever do their own version of the same events.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:40 pm

2021:

Well but I'm not talking about the superior product, I don't care about that, but it is pretty self-evident that the anime generated way more interest and traffic around the franchise than the manga is currently doing.

I mean, just compare this forum as it is now to how it was back in 2017-early 2018 LOL.

As for Moro, he's pretty trash, but I'm sure the anime will improve him. When it comes to Super, the anime version of the characters is always the "chad version".

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:21 pm

The Chad one was funny when I thought it was a parody, now is funny -and sad- for different reasons

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:28 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:40 pm The manga is the only Super content keeping my attention right now. Other than that, all I've got is a potential return to the series (most likely based on Toyotaro's solo work), or a movie that has yet to be announced. Forget Heroes. Also, hot take, I know, but IMO, Toyotaro generally did a better job than TOEI. I know people generally disagree with me, and I respect and understand their opinions, but I find TOEI's version of events to be more lacking. More unnecessary, unexplained transformations, because that's the only way they know to hold our attention. Fewer explanations, like the mess of a time travel story of the Future Trunks arc (which has a chart in the manga version, which actually explains what's going on). Moro had his problems, but he's infinitely more interesting than Goku Black, the evil water Vegeta thing, or TOEI's version of Jiren. IMO, the series going forward should be written in manga form first, then have the anime expand and hopefully improve on it, rather than have the manga and anime competing with one another.
Blue 100% or Full power was never explained, they just have it
is explained how goku got the hakai? no
in which the zamasu arc is more coherent you are right ... :clap:
These last 2 comparisons do not seem to make sense to me when black and jiren are also in the version manga and they do not differ much with their anime version
Moro is so generic and boring that I don't know how you find it better than Goku black? even the manga version of him is better
Jiren in anime and manga is the same so I don't know why you compare him to him ... when he's not even a villain in general

GT never need a manga ... and even so it has its fandom despite the criticism
sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm I'm in the minority that agree with you. I much prefer manga version of Super. Especially Zamasu and ToP arcs are superior in manga imo. If Super ever comes back it should just stick to manga and do not change anything. Just let it be what DB/Z anime were to original manga. If they want to add fillers, go on, DBS anime already felt like mess full of fillers like Copy Vegeta and that alien from space that Jaco let escape. Just do not ever do their own version of the same events.
being objective
I can believe that some people like zamasu arc manga for wasting less time on unnecessary things and had more explanations even though zamasu is generic in that version, the events in it are even more coherent and no trunks rage ugh ....

but in the top arc ...
in Character development. coherence, creativity of battles, participation of more balanced characters and a better design in general, more constant teamwork etc etc
the anime version surpasses the manga in that version in everything

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:30 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:28 pm but in the top arc ...
in Character development. coherence, creativity of battles, participation of more balanced characters and a better design in general, more constant teamwork etc etc
Anime version of ToP was barely watchable for me. In fact it was so bad arc that it made me stop watching DBS when it barely started and something like that never happened before with any other arc in any DB series. It took me a year to return to this arc and i did that only because we got our first official dub for DB series and i wanted to support them so i watched entire Super.

There are multiple reasons why i consider this arc to best absolutely disgusting in anime:
-It takes forever to start and even longer to finish, completely wasting audience time by showing Goku fighting with everyone he wants to recruit and creating so many dumb situations like Goku struggling against Krillin, everything explained by him "holding back".
-Then when tournament started, most of it consisted of U7 team fighting some irrelevant and forgettable characters that i forgot like instantly after watching episode. Who needs entire episode about them fighting some small bug or Gohan and Piccolo hiding from sniper?
-Kale was garbage in anime. Her base form was jealous crybaby that couldn't even fight, while her transofrmed state was the most disgusting ripoff i ever saw in this franchise, basically making Broly with boobs and lipstick. Her manga version was so much better + she got rid of almost every irrelevant character in like single chapter, leaving only those who actually matter.
-The way Goku reached UI Omen for the first time in anime was dumb, while manga tried some really interesting explanation with all his previous teachers actually teasing that technique.
-Manga gave Gohan his own fight against Kefla, even though it made Kefla kinda underpowered compared to anime. I still think Goku vs Kefla in anime was the best part of that arc, but it was nice to see someone else do the job.
-Manga had no "god of destruction Toppo" form which was complete opposite of his personality
-UI also just looked better in manga imo. It didn't make Goku look pumped up which doesn't fit his speed visually.

Basically entire arc could be told in 15-20 episodes at best. In fact, you could watch the special episode, episodes with Kefla and few last episodes and you won't miss anything. I wish the guy who is making GT recut would make a shorter version of this arc that actually feels like 48 minutes and not 48 hours.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:51 am

I can believe that some people find Moro better than the manga version of Goku Black.

Because Goku Black in the manga is kind of a bitch when you think about it.

Like he never fights Goku, he always loses his composure, he fights like a brute, he is the underdog so many times, etc.

Meanwhile Goku Black in the anime is the only DB villain who never loses his composure, as he always manages to find a way to turn the tables on the protagonist. Like think about it, Goku Black was NEVER shown losing his cool or breaking down. Even when Vegeta pummelled him, he remained calm and regained the advantage after discovering Vegeta's secret. He also has a unique and elegant fighting style, personally fought Goku multiple times, actually worked with Future Zamasu in fights, crushed the protagonists multiple times, etc.

The only thing Black "lacks" in the anime is the Super Saiyan form, a transformation that stopped being useful in the Vegeta vs. 18 fight LOL, so weak. Plus Rosé is his Super Saiyan form anyway.

I really don't know why Toyotaro needed to change his personality so much and turn him into a pussy, but oh well.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:14 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:30 am
Tai Lung wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:28 pm but in the top arc ...
Anime version of ToP was barely watchable for me. In fact it was so bad arc that it made me stop watching DBS when it barely started and something like that never happened before with any other arc in any DB series. It took me a year to return to this arc and i did that only because we got our first official dub for DB series and i wanted to support them so i watched entire Super.

There are multiple reasons why i consider this arc to best absolutely disgusting in anime:
-It takes forever to start and even longer to finish, completely wasting audience time by showing Goku fighting with everyone he wants to recruit and creating so many dumb situations like Goku struggling against Krillin, everything explained by him "holding back".
-Then when tournament started, most of it consisted of U7 team fighting some irrelevant and forgettable characters that i forgot like instantly after watching episode. Who needs entire episode about them fighting some small bug or Gohan and Piccolo hiding from sniper?
-Kale was garbage in anime. Her base form was jealous crybaby that couldn't even fight, while her transofrmed state was the most disgusting ripoff i ever saw in this franchise, basically making Broly with boobs and lipstick. Her manga version was so much better + she got rid of almost every irrelevant character in like single chapter, leaving only those who actually matter.
-The way Goku reached UI Omen for the first time in anime was dumb, while manga tried some really interesting explanation with all his previous teachers actually teasing that technique.
-Manga gave Gohan his own fight against Kefla, even though it made Kefla kinda underpowered compared to anime. I still think Goku vs Kefla in anime was the best part of that arc, but it was nice to see someone else do the job.
-Manga had no "god of destruction Toppo" form which was complete opposite of his personality
-UI also just looked better in manga imo. It didn't make Goku look pumped up which doesn't fit his speed visually.

Basically entire arc could be told in 15-20 episodes at best. In fact, you could watch the special episode, episodes with Kefla and few last episodes and you won't miss anything. I wish the guy who is making GT recut would make a shorter version of this arc that actually feels like 48 minutes and not 48 hours.
-krillin is just an episode ... that you can easily skip if you don't like the character
and even so it gives show important things like seeing the training of piccolo and gohan that in the manga is completely omitted
You can see the fight goku and Golden frieza in addition to seeing the explanation of how he overcome his wear problem energy that in the manga is not shown at all
many like these episodes .. and most importantly ... they contribute to the plot ....
-the episode was about tien shinhan supporting his team by giving a episode dedicated to him ... while the manga lasted seconds
I'll ask what they recruit Krillin or tien for if they won't do anything?
they are 80 fighters ... wouldn't it be better to take advantage of them and not discard them?
In addition, he was not the only one who participated, but also creative techniques such as illusions were shown and the erasure of universe 4 was shown ... the only terrible thing is the elimination of piccolo's tournament that also happens in the same manga but at least piccolo anime version has more eliminations before falling
-I wonder do you hate gohan for behaving with fear of battles or goku jr which was even worse?
It is already your personal opinion ... but objectively kale anime has more development than the manga that has only proven to be strong and nothing more
no objectives or goals, no relationships beyond she liking caulifla who did not even show reciprocate while in the anime at least he protected her from other bad people
Kale is based on broly with or without giant form
4 universes don't matter ...?
Namekians on his own team don't matter?
warriors who merged to save their universe don't matter? I think we are missing the point of what the tournament for universal survival is

-Roshi VS Jiren >>> Goku VS Krillin
Whis had already explained the Ultra instinct to goku and said the reasons why he was the best suited to achieve it and not vegeta, it is much better than roshi to explain that beacuse he has never trained with kami or king kai

-Toppo God is symbolic to make a contrast with current vegeta

toppo to save the universe from he had to obtain power and for that he had to give up his sense of justice something similar to how vegeta did to obtain power in buu arc, majin vegeta
However, it also shows why he is an aspiring hakaishin, which he did not do in the manga, although he is also an aspiring hakaishin.
currently not the case with Goku UI but anyway

as I said before
in zamasu arc there are many unnecessary things like humans and yajirobe having a lot of time on screen that, I think it's good that the manga eliminates that and focuses on what is important because in the end they are going to die ... the manga did that better

But in the Tournament of Power... where there are no viilanos or some complicated plot other than a tournament where the important thing is the fights and teamwork is important ... it is supposed to take advantage of that and show more participation and creativity in the fighting ... not eliminate everything down warriors by firing almost everyone, including toppo and dyspo who was misarably defeated by frieza

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 am

by @ogatodobalaio

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 am Image

by @ogatodobalaio
the fact that krillin went straight for 1817's ass is a bit sus
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

FrioPolar

Post by FrioPolar » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:47 am

FrioPolar wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 am Image
I like Kefla's design.
The rest? <vomit>

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:27 am

Any good reason why they went with green hair for Kafla instead of the usual golden hair as it is supposed to be? :|

~ Day of the Machines ~

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:29 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:27 am Any good reason why they went with green hair for Kafla instead of the usual golden hair as it is supposed to be? :|
because that is Kale's berserk SSJ hair color
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 am

Kafla should just be a Caulifla 2.0, wiping Kale out of the existence entirely while fused. I know that goes against fusion logic, but in this case, it's for the better.

~ Day of the Machines ~