"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:16 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am Ehm ehm... Prince of Destruction Vegeta? :think:
Are you talking about that episode title of the Babidi Saga??

Anyways, this is the look of the form in this “highly speculatory” YouTube video.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:38 pm

The premise of this story looks pretty descent.
Granolah is portrayed twisted, haunted, restless, filled with hatred ... Someone with a disturbed personality.
The antagonist makes of breaks the story.
His deep rooted hate and fear towards the Saiyans give way to intresting storytelling later on in the arc. Granolah has all the potential Moro basically lacked in terms of multi-layeredness.

Of course all this potential remains to be confirmed, but it's a good start.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:57 pm

Broly's Full Power form is the power of Oozaru combined with the power of Super Saiyan (also he's a mutant). I don't think Vegeta's path will have anything to do with that, especially if Beerus is teaching him.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Where did you take that explanation about that transformation from?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:07 pm

PLOT HOOKS
No, really, there's too much plot hooks to not believe this same transformation will be a plot point, if not the entire plot point. I know that most people here is focused on "how much damage per second my character do", or "Wanna see new powaaa! Green Vegeta! Purple Vegeta! Rainbow Vegeta!", I'm most focused on plot structures. Is not even a theory, is a structure model.
A: Beerus act fishy, so to underline the premise tone. It's also first Beerus (not good chara) intimate relation whit Vegeta (not good chara). They surely don't come with happy flowers.
B: The whole thing about Granolla, the evil sayans, the barbarian apes and bla bla bla. Coincidence?
C: Immediately after, Beerus quote the thing binding to the evil sayan bla bla bla. Coincidence again?
D: And the fish talk of the stronger warrior of the universe. "YEAH! GRANOLLA!" ... but really. Granolla is Yamcha-Soukidan level. That anxiety is about something BIGGER. And if you link stuff, the oracle fish tell the thing just after Vegeta going to watch Beerus tech, but cannot give the warning before as it was insomniac - there's a reason to tell the fish was insomniac.
Can someone of you tell me how realistically Granolla can become a treath? Something that is not "he get the Pill of Power!". As by this logic, everyone can be a treath.

THE FRIEZA ROLE
Also Frieza. WTF you really wanna see Frieza die again, or bash someone Yamcha level? Zero narrative meaning.
High chances Frieza will simply tell Granolla that a couple Sayan are left, as Frieza is the only hook between Granolla - Goku - Vegeta. Who is so tricky that could tell "Hey, you was against sayan? Theyare not extinct, there you have two of them..."
This is the Frieza role. Anyway I'm quite sure there will be more, like Frieza turning Granolla against vampire mafia.
There's AGAIN a reason you've seen Gas beating Granolla and such stuff. Granolla will beat him, later.

ZUNO ROLE
Cosmo Soprano's were searching something from Zuno, and the information is inside 73. As there's no reason to tell me so, obviously again this is a plot point. And as for the above plot point, Granolla will get Zuno location from 73.
*Probably* this is were we can see Granolla LVL 3.

THEORIES
The one that follow is a theory, the points above are reasonable consequences of applying the narrative models with stated plot points.
The extra theory is that the new power of Vegeta work fine until "remorse". So, for a violent sayan that couldn't be an hinder. But guess what? Granolla come in, having Vegeta feel remorse. Bam, chaos. That would be a reason to focus on the violent past of sayan SO MUCH.

OH NO, ALREADY SEEN!
Vegeta evil again? No, is not Evil Vegeta. Is Vegeta unable to control a power.
And as 100% of Super is about Beerus doing wrong, guess what happen when Beerus teach something to Vegeta. The right thing?
Beerus doing bad is a trope of Super. So it should happen.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:07 pm Beerus doing bad is a trope of Super. So it should happen.
Actually an interesting observation I don't often see being pointed. For example Beerus hakai'd Zamasu but that had consequences in the birth of Black (I think?). Or when he let Merus free which resulted in his erasure, and only by the Kaioshin's effort Merus was brought back.

So it's fully possible that whatever Beerus teaches Vegeta, might have negative consequences.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:56 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm
ChronoTwigger wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:07 pm Beerus doing bad is a trope of Super. So it should happen.
Actually an interesting observation I don't often see being pointed. For example Beerus hakai'd Zamasu but that had consequences in the birth of Black (I think?). Or when he let Merus free which resulted in his erasure, and only by the Kaioshin's effort Merus was brought back.

So it's fully possible that whatever Beerus teaches Vegeta, might have negative consequences.
Actually Whis pointed that out to Beerus in the last episode of the Future Trunks arc. He pointed out how Beerus also shattered the time-space continuum like the ningens. When Beerus erased Zamasu, he also created an alternate timeline where Zamasu WAS NOT stopped from killing Gowasu. That is Goku Black's timeline, he is that Zamasu. But he wasn't affected by his counterpart's death thanks to the Time Ring, which protected him from any change through time.

So Yes, it seems like even when Beerus, surprisingly, wants to do good, he messes up anyway LOL.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rum-9mhhHGQ

This is a really good fananimation of the Moro arc. Apparently this is his first animation so give this guy some attention.

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:20 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:46 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rum-9mhhHGQ

This is a really good fananimation of the Moro arc. Apparently this is his first animation so give this guy some attention.
That was excellent. I love Jaco hiding behind a rock!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:27 pm Where did you take that explanation about that transformation from?
Broly's Oozaru form is what causes him grow taller. Like the Oozaru form, Full Power Broly has yellow irises. King Vegeta says something to the effect that Broly is a mutant (I don't have the reference at the moment), but besides that, his abnormal power makes him a "mutant" similar to the Ginyu Force (Chapter 283/DBZ Chapter 89).

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:46 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rum-9mhhHGQ

Dude on his twitter says he's 15 years old...:shock:
It's really good! I like particularly how the fight is taking place during a sunset. We need more fights taking place at that time of the day.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 pm

batistabus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pmBroly's Oozaru form is what causes him grow taller. Like the Oozaru form, Full Power Broly has yellow irises.
I really don't know where you take that from. Like, yeah, we can say Broly's rage form is basically him using the power of Oozaru, but only because that was the explanation given. In the movie, Broly pulls this "Full Power" transformation out of nowhere, no explanation provided (unless I'm missing out-universe stuff, if you know anything about it, please enlighten me). And it seems it didn't even come from Toriyama.

Trying to make sense of it is a bit of stretch "for now" (I say that but I don't think they'll ever explain that form).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 pm
batistabus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pmBroly's Oozaru form is what causes him grow taller. Like the Oozaru form, Full Power Broly has yellow irises.
I really don't know where you take that from. Like, yeah, we can say Broly's rage form is basically him using the power of Oozaru, but only because that was the explanation given. In the movie, Broly pulls this "Full Power" transformation out of nowhere, no explanation provided (unless I'm missing out-universe stuff, if you know anything about it, please enlighten me). And it seems it didn't even come from Toriyama.

Trying to make sense of it is a bit of stretch "for now" (I say that but I don't think they'll ever explain that form).
Nope. Just piecing it together based on what was shown in the film and what we know about the series. It's reading between the lines, but I think that's how its meant to be read.

We won't get an explanation from Toriyama because Toriyama had nothing to do with the Full Power transformation. I'm guessing he had nothing to do with the Oozaru form, either. It doesn't feel like something modern Toriyama would come up with, but it does feel like something someone inspired by DB (Nagamine/Shintani/Toei/Dragon Ball Room in this case) would come up with. Full Power as a combination of Super Saiyan and Oozaru provides a "canon" Super Saiyan 4. It also falls in line with the way Super combines forms (SSGSS, SSB Kaioken, and Omen Blue which came later).

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:42 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 pm

It's really good! I like particularly how the fight is taking place during a sunset. We need more fights taking place at that time of the day.

That surely looks pretty amazing.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:42 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 pm

That surely looks pretty amazing.
Thanks for sharing.

They did such a great job. That video felt like a true preview. If he's really 15 years old...even more impressive.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:32 am

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/40650

Ryokutya’s impressions of the chapter are up

It doesn’t really say much as usual.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:00 am

Kinokima wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:32 am http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/40650

He's actually hyping this chapter up, seems like we're in for a huge relevation. Something about Freeza or the Dragon Balls perhaps.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 pm

Tranlations from DBSChronicles on Twitter

Edit: I wanna focus on this part.
Edit Again: Disregard the struck through line. It was redacted by Ryokutya.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:27 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:00 am

He's actually hyping this chapter up, seems like we're in for a huge relevation. Something about Freeza or the Dragon Balls perhaps.
It would be cool if it doesn't gives us another retcon.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:23 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 pm
We already know the true epic reason behind planet Vegeta's destruction :