Mystery of the Iberian Spanish Dub Opening (from VIDEOTAKE SUR)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Mystery of the Iberian Spanish Dub Opening (from VIDEOTAKE SUR)

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:11 pm

I looked up on the DB Wiki and reading about the Iberian Spanish Dub. I also heard on the wiki that Videotake SUR in 1990, dubbed the Infamous French Intro/Blue Water Dub Intro/Hungarian Intro/Portugal Intro/German Intro (TV not the Movie Intro). I tried looking up on YouTube, Dailymotion, etc. They don't have the Iberian Spanish Dub Intro of the French Intro. If you found the intro, please let me know. It's becoming more rare. I just want to hear what it looks like in Iberian Spanish.

For those who don't know which French Intro that Videotake SUR used in Iberian Spanish, this is the one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li62ZIx_71U
(for example: the Polish Voiceover used in the French Intro from Poland on RTL7)

More details about the Iberian Spanish Dub: https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Iberian_Spanish_dub

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Mystery of the Iberian Spanish Dub Opening (from VIDEOTAKE SUR)

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm guessing this is just the Castilian Spanish dub with an alternate intro based in the French OP? I remember reading that some regions that aired the Latin Spanish dub of GT used an alternate dubbed version of Dan Dan recorded specifically for those broadcasts. So I guess this is a similar situation, except they used a dubbed/narrated version of the French OP instead of their dubbed Makafushigi Adventure? Maybe searching up "Dragon Ball OP Castellano" or something like that might help you find what you're looking for.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Mystery of the Iberian Spanish Dub Opening (from VIDEOTAKE SUR)

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:13 am

The Castilian Spanish dub did covered the French OP of DB? I thought all they covered OP wise was Makafushigi Adventure, the French OP of Z, Cha La Head Cha La, and Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku. AFAIK, none of Spain's dubs covered the French dub of DB. It might be included in soundtracks or something. Also, the Dragon Ball Wikia isn't that reliable a source, even by Wiki standards.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.