"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:35 am

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 am

My Chapter 71 review. I enjoy the fact that the Heeters are so smart and manipulative. Paying Chi Chi to get Goku and Vegeta to fight someone is both hilarious and smart.

Something I feel a lot of people will gloss over is Elecs talk with Gas about him Surpassing Frieza. That along with Maki and Oil snatching the Dragon Radar and going for the Cerealian Dragon Balls is Pretty Smart and hints that while Goku, Vegeta, and Granolah Fight the Heeters are gonna be behind the scenes making Gas stronger. I’m thinking Granolah is gonna team up with the Saiyans and take on Gas and the Heeters by the end of the arc.

The only thing I didn’t like what the fact that the Cerealian Dragon Balls Don’t turn to stone. Thats super convenient, given every other set of dragon balls do turn to stone. Even the super dragon balls.

It would have been much better it they were like “The Cerealian Dragon Balls are stone but by the time we get there a Cerealian year will have passed” so it’ll just be another part of their plan.

Otherwise, Solid 8/10 for me. No story is good without set up and I’ve enjoyed the set up and am excited to see what Granolah is really Capable of.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:43 am

Why don't the Cerealian Balls turn to stone anyhow? Even the Super Dragon Balls turn into useless rocks after being used. What's so special about these? You'd think the Super Dragon Balls wouldn't turn to rocks since they are the ultimate set. You'd think they would possess enough power to override this but they don't. You guys think there is a reason for this outside of plot?
Last edited by GalaxyBusterBuu on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:43 am

I thought the chapter was cute but man Goku and Vegeta after months of training see Bulma and ChiChi for like a second just to go off again.

Now we have another month wait until Goku & Vegeta finally meet Granolah. Assuming they do finally meet next chapter and it’s not held off again for some reason.

You also always got to like how they pretend Goku & Vegeta are equal rivals until Goku will shoot way past Vegeta once again when it matters. Ah well! But Whis and Beerus giving them each their symbols was cute.

And I thought I wouldn’t like the Heeters much after the first time they appeared but they have grown on me more & more with each and every chapter. I do like that each of them has a distinct personality. Of the 4 Oil so far is the only one who isn’t really doing it for me . He comes off more as a stereotypical goon.

Edit: And about the Dragon Balls not turning to stone. I agree with the other criticism. What can’t these Dragon Balls do?
Last edited by Kinokima on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 am

I wanted Goku to use his FnF outfit again but a Whis signature is nice I guess
With the earring thing I guess Quitela and Sidra don't use Hakai too much

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:51 am

I have the feeling the Cereliian Dragon Balls will have to be destroyed at some point. Seriously, they are so OP, they can't even turn to stone after being used. For the Super Dragon Balls that would make some sense, but these Dragon Balls have no reason to be this OP. They'll likely have to be destroyed or put somewhere where no normal person could get to them assuming they aren't shattered by the end of the arc.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 am

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:51 am I have the feeling the Cereliian Dragon Balls will have to be destroyed at some point. Seriously, they are so OP, they can't even turn to stone after being used. For the Super Dragon Balls that would make some sense, but these Dragon Balls have no reason to be this OP. They'll likely have to be destroyed or put somewhere where no normal person could get to them assuming they aren't shattered by the end of the arc.
If the namekian (i don't remember his name) dies, they vanish, and I think he'll die soon or later.
I wonder what are the other questions the Heeters made. They could have studied a plan B or C at this point. 10 questions are a lot.
Probably they knew about Broly or new sayans we don't know yet! (just an idea, it can be everything).
Last edited by Gt91 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Fun chapter. Beerus is looking like a completely different character, in a good way. Finally some character development.
Goku finding out Chichi is there and without a doubt saying he has to go home was funny.
Beerus and Whis competing through their students is also nice.
The setup seems like a parody of the previous arc, they are drafted to defeat someone really strong.
I guess Gas can be added to the above god level list of fighters, assuming Elec knows about Freeza's golden form.

Weird though, that Granolah has no clue about the saiyans being alive. Don't they know who killed Freeza on Namek?... or on Earth? IDK, it just sounds weird that they, of all people, are still unknown around the universe, considering Granolah is obsessed with that race.

I guess there's a lot more to know about the two-set DBs, hope it ties to Zalama and all that stuff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing Gas fight someday, will probably take a while though. Looks like HE is being set up as the Strongest in the Universe while Granolah will quickly start going down the ladder with each new chapter.

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jinto » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:19 pm

Goku and Vegeta's weaknesses are their respective family. :)

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Really great chapter. The latter had unnecessary padding and slow pacing but this one really moved the plot and gave us some new information.

Cereal's Dragon Balls don't turn to stone. Yes, it seems convenient, but it has already been stated that Monaito doesn't have much time left, so these advantages are not going to be used for much longer (in fact it would be funny to see these Balls turning to stone when the Heeters tried to use them).

I loved the interactions between Goku / Vegeta / Beerus / Whis. The relationship of the last two is similar to the rivalry between Goku and Vegeta because neither of them wants their respective students to be left behind. Beerus' reaction when Goku says his training will pay off is hilarious (and his smile when Vegeta puts the earring on his ear was cute)

So Gas is actually being hyped to be something more, as implied in the previous chapter. I imagined that he was someone to be an opponent of Gohan for example, but he must end up being at the level of the big guys.

There will probably still be more revelations about the questions Maki asked Zuno, and we still don't know their plan with the DBs. Overall the Heeters are being an interesting group, and much better than expected.
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:22 pm

- Chapter 71-

I like the competition between Beerus and Whis. Unfortunately for Vegeta's/Beerus' team, Goku has the main character plot armour on his side.I hope the cereal's DBs get destroyed. Have only a set of two and it being always ready to use is ridiculous.

Heeters are a fun bunch, but it's starting to get unlikely there's a 5th member behind the scenes and elec is just the second in command as I hoped. On other hand they will fight on Planet Cereal which is great.

Next chapter we may finally have the first major fight of this arc.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:24 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 pm Looking forward to seeing Gas fight someday, will probably take a while though. Looks like HE is being set up as the Strongest in the Universe while Granolah will quickly start going down the ladder with each new chapter.
My thought is that since Granolah has been sitting on his ass since he made his Wish and Goku and Vegeta were training that whole time that they are actually already on par with him.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:28 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:22 pm - Chapter 71-

I like the competition between Beerus and Whis. Unfortunately for Vegeta's/Beerus' team, Goku has the main character plot armour on his side.I hope the cereal's DBs get destroyed. Have only a set of two and it being always ready to use is ridiculous.

Heeters are a fun bunch, but it's starting to get unlikely there's a 5th member behind the scenes and elec is just the second in command as I hoped. On other hand they will fight on Planet Cereal which is great.

Next chapter we may finally have the first major fight of this arc.

Don't worry,Fortune, that old Namek guy is likely going to die soon so the Cereal Dragon Balls will be unable to be used after this arc. The old guy is reaching his age limit and assuming his old age doesn't kill him, someone else will try to do the poor guy in if they realize how he's tied to the orbs. No old man means no more balls, so the Heeters might try to keep him alive as long as they can until his age or someone else gets the drop on him.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:39 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:24 pm
Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 pm Looking forward to seeing Gas fight someday, will probably take a while though. Looks like HE is being set up as the Strongest in the Universe while Granolah will quickly start going down the ladder with each new chapter.
My thought is that since Granolah has been sitting on his ass since he made his Wish and Goku and Vegeta were training that whole time that they are actually already on par with him.
Well, Granolah got his wish granted before Goku started to work on using UI in is base form and Vegeta was far from controlling hakai as he can now, he's earned a hakai earring in the meantime. In good ol DB fashion, I wouldn't be surprised if Granolah fails to defeat them and his time as the strongest has ended, like Monaito warned him about.

Also, for the Heata's plan to move forward, Granolah should lose, right?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Thoughts on Freeza ever appearing? As in, there's 7-3 and the Cerealian DBs whichc an all be used to empower Gas, while the trio is fighting. SO I guess Freeza will be only an excuse in this arc? Because his 0 time on screen, makes it seem like he won't be involved. Just some food for thought now that we finally have intel on the Heeta's plan.

Or maybe they think the trio destroyed each other and Gas first goes to fight Freeza? Nice chapter, liked the "symbols" part.
P O W E R

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:40 pm

GalaxyBusterBuu wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:28 pm Don't worry,Fortune, that old Namek guy is likely going to die soon so the Cereal Dragon Balls will be unable to be used after this arc. The old guy is reaching his age limit and assuming his old age doesn't kill him, someone else will try to do the poor guy in if they realize how he's tied to the orbs. No old man means no more balls, so the Heeters might try to keep him alive as long as they can until his age or someone else gets the drop on him.
Yeah I'm expecting him to die and the cereal DBs go with him, but we never know with this franchise. Both he and Granolah may live and only the heeters die :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Ha lol. Considering Granolah only has three years left to live, even if he survives this arc, he won't be around for much longer unless he wishes to be immortal. He'll likely die and his race will be extinct assuming he doesn't screw someone who he could be compatible with(and given his short life span, it's probably not a good idea for him to have kids when he won't be around to raise them.)

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:46 pm

So if it wasn't obvious before, this chapter really made it clear that Granolla is going to be an ally. My prediction is that he gets some sort of tragic ending that doesn't actually end up being tragic due to something Bulma does or whatever.

Anyway, if he's not the main villain, who do you think it is? Freeza? 7/3? The Heeters? Most likely the Heeters imo. The setup with that one brother being able to surpass Freeza, him not fighting Granolla and the fact the heeters are pursuing the dragon balls makes it seem like they are going to wish to bring out his full potential. Or maybe The Heeters are end up fused???

Time will tell.

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Really loved this chapter. I enjoy slice of life, filler type episodes & chapters about DB. Really liked the interactions with Chichi & Bulma with Those 2 from the Heaters gang. Wanna see more like this, not just fighting.