"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:21 am

Chuquita is going to LOVE this chapter based on Goku’s and Vegeta’s little moment!😃

Even I thought it was cute and unexpected to see what Vegeta did for him!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 20, 2021 11:27 am

Really glad it wasn’t Vegeta to “lose twice” . Besides not following the same boring formula as they always do it makes more sense for it to be Goku to take on Granolah first for us to see his power since Goku is now the stronger between the two Saiyans

I really liked Vegeta showing obvious concern when Goku was hit. Didn’t like when he wanted to fight Granolah alone to show he was “superior” but in the end it actually may have been a smart move on Vegeta’s part because he got to observe Granolah and piece together who he was. If they had fought together they still might not have been able to beat him. Now Vegeta has more information on the situation.

I also am liking Granolah’s fighting style a lot. It’s way more than the typical my blast is more powerful than yours.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu May 20, 2021 11:32 am

Yuji wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:16 am

Someone needs to count how many times Goku has lost in Super so far.
Seriously hes lost a lot in Super it really proves wrong the notion that goku always wins

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu May 20, 2021 11:32 am

This chapter was... okay. Nothing special. Cool sniping part. Granolah is becoming less and less interesting, though. I hope it's only for this chapter and he won't become like Moro a.k.a. "yet another dull movie villain".
Yuji wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:16 am Someone needs to count how many times Goku has lost in Super so far.
But it doesn't matter, fanboys of Vegeta are going to complain no matter what. "Hurr durr Goku wins all the time hurr durr". :roll:
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am

My opinions:

- Granollah didn't recognize Goku, so maybe he didn't see Bardock.
- UI is a techinque more than a trasformation at this point, or both?
- Granollah is Neji 2.0 (from Naruto)
- Granollah using Goku's and Vegeta's moves is not a coincidence (IT, destruction ecc...), there must be a link between this and his wish.
- Gas has improved from the past, but we need to know more! xD
- Vegeta probably know something about Cerelians ...

It's been too fast! We want to see more! :D

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 am

Either Vegeta went on the same mission as the other Saiyans to destroy Cereal and doesn't remember it (likely, considering he barely remembered Beerus, and he would have been a child when this happened; though I guess him being an elite would preclude him from such a mission, perhaps), or Nappa/someone he knows did and he's now linking the dots.

I assume it's the former, and he engaged in some kind of battle with Gas, perhaps winning the bout. That would kickstart organically the conflict between Elec's gang and the Saiyans.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 20, 2021 11:41 am

Trouser wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:32 am But it doesn't matter, fanboys of Vegeta are going to complain no matter what. "Hurr durr Goku wins all the time hurr durr". :roll:

Goku losing in the beginning of the arc is meaningless. That is what you expect

Goku has lost a lot of fights but he has also won plenty too especially when compared to every other character. Of course that is because he is the main character. But fans of Goku who say he actually loses all the time are also untruthful. He may not get many one on one wins these days but he is usually a major part of the final win in the end.

On another note I was really surprised Granolah didn’t recognize Goku at all because of Bardock.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 am

So, glancing at the chapter very fast, no recognition between Goku and Bardock even after Goku appearing in base form? Oh well, the wait continues then. Hopefully it gets addressed in the very near future. Looking forward to see what Vegeta will say/do upon seeing Oozaru's footprints too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu May 20, 2021 11:46 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 am So, glancing at the chapter very fast, no recognition between Goku and Bardock even after Goku appearing in base form? Oh well, the wait continues then. Hopefully it gets addressed in the very near future. Looking forward to see what Vegeta will say/do upon seeing Oozaru's footprints too.
Granolah didn't necessarily see Bardock in his base form, though. He was in his Oozaru form all throughout the Cerelian massacre.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 am

Be that as it may, I hope the flashback will actually play a role in the story, not "hey the Saiyans attacked, Bardock was involved but that was it. We won't make any sort of connection to the present". It's the only thing interesting about this saga so it would very lame to me if they don't do anything about it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu May 20, 2021 12:03 pm

I loved everything about this chapter. Only thing I found a bit iffy technically was that one of the key features of ultra instinct was described as limiting damage by moving the body in a way which protects vitals, as said vs Jiren during the ToP. But now vitals are the technique's weakness?

I guess there's a possibility that that won't be an issue with the silver haired form.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu May 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 am Be that as it may, I hope the flashback will actually play a role in the story, not "hey the Saiyans attacked, Bardock was involved but that was it. We won't make any sort of connection to the present". It's the only thing interesting about this saga so it would very lame to me if they don't do anything about it.

I don’t think that is the only interesting thing about the arc but it does feel weird that it being Bardock won’t play a part in the present story at all.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:41 am Goku losing in the beginning of the arc is meaningless. That is what you expect

Goku has lost a lot of fights but he has also won plenty too especially when compared to every other character. Of course that is because he is the main character. But fans of Goku who say he actually loses all the time are also untruthful. He may not get many one on one wins these days but he is usually a major part of the final win in the end.
Yeah, both groups are untruthful and unfair, but Vegeta fanboys are more visible in the fandom. But yes, they are exagerrating things.
Kinokima wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:41 am On another note I was really surprised Granolah didn’t recognize Goku at all because of Bardock.
I think page with Bardock was only an easter egg and nothing more...
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 20, 2021 12:39 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:21 am Chuquita is going to LOVE this chapter based on Goku’s and Vegeta’s little moment!😃

Even I thought it was cute and unexpected to see what Vegeta did for him!
I did enjoy it! Also Vegeta providing his reason for why Goku should try first.

This arc also really has a Z movies feel to it. Movie 13 inspired.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 20, 2021 12:43 pm

I got a nice laugh out of Vegeta sending Goku first, "you have to return the favour"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Gt91 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am - UI is a techinque more than a trasformation at this point, or both?
UI is a technique that can be unlocked through special training, or by pushing yourself far beyond your limits in battle, which is what Goku did with the silver transformation.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm

-This confirms that whis has taught them a lot, huh?

My problem with granola ... is that it has literally gotten great power but he shouldn't know how to use it ... since he don't even know the techniques ... that he're using
At least Zamasu had to further develop his power through training since Goku's body was new to him, however he learned his own techniques
literally granola has it easy ... but I have to admire the fact that he has developed his vision of the right eye

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm

What I keep from UI in this chap is:

Goku's training allowed him to use UI in all forms, but transforming still augments his ability to utilize it, meaning Omen and MUI are more like the ability used to its full potential rather than a multiplication of UI on top of UI, which people seemed to debate since the previous chapter.
P O W E R

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu May 20, 2021 1:10 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 pm
Gt91 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am - UI is a techinque more than a trasformation at this point, or both?
UI is a technique that can be unlocked through special training, or by pushing yourself far beyond your limits in battle, which is what Goku did with the silver transformation.
And to be fair, since Goku kind of already "mastered" the technique (i.e the Silver form), he only needed to learn how to apply what he already knew to his other forms.

On a sidenote, Goku is using regular Blue against Granolah, huh. Doesn't he need to use the completed version so as not to waste his energy? Have Toyo forgot about that? Let's see if the next chapter alludes to it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Oh yeah, that also caught my eye. What's with the aura, Toyo? or does Goku now have SSBE, too? I checked (because there are so many auras), and it is not SSBE's aura, it isn't Blue Kaioken's either... Goku is using an incomplete form that wastes energy and loses power rapidly. :wtf: