When should Pan get Super Saiyan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: When should Pan get Super Saiyan?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:46 pm

I'd rather Yamcha gets SSJ'd before Pan.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:11 pm

One issue is that the power inflation has become so great that a SSJ Pan really wouldn't make much of a difference at this point.

In the Buu saga, Goten and Trunks were still relevant because they learned fusion and could become Gotenks. But Pan at SSJ1 just wouldn't be able to do much against any enemy that could threaten Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan. So in order for her to be useful, she would have to get some kind of even greater powerup, but then people would complain that she got it too easily, or it was an asspull or doesn't make sense.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:44 pm

Never. She's Gohan's daughter. Let her inherit his ultimate form.

Though this would make more sense pre-Super since Gohan's hidden powers / potential have been relegated to generic saiyan traits.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super