Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:00 am

I still have no idea on what to expect in terms of story. :lol: It's great to see more Piccolo, though! Crossing my fingers that he actually plays a big role in the movie. He may even play a bigger role than Vegeta based on what we've seen so far.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022?

Post by Xeogran » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:03 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 am Shintani coming back as the character designer is pretty much a guarantee after the universal praise Broly got for its revamped designs.
I find it funny how the earlier posts from this thread didn't age well :lol:
But I heard this movie was already worked on independent of DBS Broly, which means it's financial success didn't affect the development of Super Hero. Maybe we'll start seeing the effects only from the third movie, provided there will be one.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Coming 2022?

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:37 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:03 am
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 am Shintani coming back as the character designer is pretty much a guarantee after the universal praise Broly got for its revamped designs.
I find it funny how the earlier posts from this thread didn't age well :lol:
But I heard this movie was already worked on independent of DBS Broly, which means it's financial success didn't affect the development of Super Hero. Maybe we'll start seeing the effects only from the third movie, provided there will be one.
Surely I wasn't the only one who thought this. :lol: It just felt like a no brainer to bring him back along with his designs. For all we know he could be back doing the hand drawn character sheets that the CG models are based on.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am

I can't freaking wait for the Comic Con panel
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:31 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:00 am I still have no idea on what to expect in terms of story. :lol: It's great to see more Piccolo, though! Crossing my fingers that he actually plays a big role in the movie. He may even play a bigger role than Vegeta based on what we've seen so far.
don't get your hopes up on Piccolo, they've trolled us before with him. Piccolo is very recognizable, which is why they're promoting him. In the broly movie he appeared early on too in the promotions, but he didn't do anything in that movie.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:15 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am I can't freaking wait for the Comic Con panel
You and me both. The adrenaline got me doing extra reps weight lifting!!!

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:25 pm

omaro34 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:31 am
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:00 am I still have no idea on what to expect in terms of story. :lol: It's great to see more Piccolo, though! Crossing my fingers that he actually plays a big role in the movie. He may even play a bigger role than Vegeta based on what we've seen so far.
don't get your hopes up on Piccolo, they've trolled us before with him. Piccolo is very recognizable, which is why they're promoting him. In the broly movie he appeared early on too in the promotions, but he didn't do anything in that movie.
Well now, the promos are showing only Piccolo alongside Goku and no Vegeta. I think Piccolo will--at the very least--fight the baddies in this film.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:05 am

It would be incredibly cool to have Piccolo as a co-protagonist. I miss the Saiyan arc days where he was 2nd in charge after Goku. Hopefully if he plays a big role it will be enough to spark some new love for him, with the chance he ends up getting a power up in the future so that he can play more important roles once again.

Very hyped for today. I am expecting a trailer, hopefully they will show more about what the story will be and how the movie will look. I am digging the models.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:50 am

It would be amazing to replace Vegeta with Piccolo. He's much more interesting and after anime/manga of Super I'm genuinely bored of Vegeta. If Piccolo here isn't fodder (I hope so!), then I will sit through ugly (probably) CGI for him.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:02 am

omaro34 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:31 am
what? he taught them the fusion dance and that's more than anyone else got who just straight up didn't even show up.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 am

While I look forward to the updates for the film, I hope we will get a possible announcement of a new TV show, too.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 am

If anyone wants to watch the NYCC movie panel live, here's the official live stream. It's going to start at 12:30pm ET.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:28 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:04 am https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1445 ... 07/photo/1

Piccolo is next to Goku! I think he'll have a major role this time :D
Those models in the poster look horrible IMO

Toei must either have a lot of money (made from dokkan,fighterz, etc) to waste producing this or they are completely out of touch with what DB fans want. CGI, getting rid of Shintani and the team from the last movie.All red flags of a disaster incoming.

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jinto » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:52 am

The design are good and they look shiny like...cgi.
Oh god I fear this is going to be a mostly CGI movie with hand draw background sprinkled here and there. :sick:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:58 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 am If anyone wants to watch the NYCC movie panel live, here's the official live stream. It's going to start at 12:30pm ET.
Appreciate it.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Seeing Dende and Karin design sheets is promising. Perhaps they will appear for a minute or so.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Dende has finally grown up. Vegeta and Whis confirmed to appear.

They said the movie takes place ten years after Majin Buu saga, but Bulma's design looks nothing like her looks in the end of the series.

They were so happy with using Piccolo's manga colors, but Karin is white (anime colors) instead of blue (manga, Dragon Ball Online colors).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 pm They said the movie takes place ten years after Majin Buu saga [...]
Maybe this movie is gonna take place a month or so before the world tournament

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Was Pan trying to go Super Saiyan?!?!?!

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:51 pm

I'm not...crazy about it. The bit I liked the most was Pan powering up. I'll have to see more of it, I suppose.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.