Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:09 pm

The Monkey King wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:24 pm Gamma 1 and 2 are going to fuse into a stronger, more sinister threat.

Why am I so certain? Colour theory that's why!

The colour scheme for Gamma 1 and 2 are red and blue respectively, these are pretty common primary colours for Superheroes to wear (Spider-Man, Superman, Captain America etc).

But when you fuse red and blue together you get purple, and purple is a secondary colour, associated with Supervillains/evil characters (Freeza, Thanos, Magneto etc).

Now keep in mind that the Hero the scientist idolises and cosplays as has a purple colour scheme!

One of the mystery characters is going to be a fusion of the two Gamma Androids with a purple colour scheme.

Also Fun Fact: Gamma Gamma = Γ Γ = r r = Red Ribbon
This is also another very strong possibility. I just hope they have a cool design when they’re fused and isn’t just them with a purple cape, a number 3 on their chest and 3 fins on their head.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:28 pm

It would suck if they bring back Cell and don't have Freeza in the movie. It would be the first time to have Toriyama write those two together on screen together.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Cell might actually be in the movie after all? I wouldn’t be surprised. The past two Dragon Ball movies already brought back old villains, so you might as well complete the trifecta.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:28 pm

Can’t decide whether I should look forward to this or not. I’m surprised no one thinks that Launch might come back. Lol

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:28 pm It would suck if they bring back Cell and don't have Freeza in the movie. It would be the first time to have Toriyama write those two together on screen together.
They should let Toriyama write a whole film with those two as the main characters getting into funny situations.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:15 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:32 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:28 pm It would suck if they bring back Cell and don't have Freeza in the movie. It would be the first time to have Toriyama write those two together on screen together.
They should let Toriyama write a whole film with those two as the main characters getting into funny situations.
So like HFIL but professional
I’m surprised no one thinks that Launch might come back.
HAHAHAHAHA, that’s a GOOD one!!!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:36 am

All this talk about the mystery character(s?) got me thinking that the main visual we got a couple months back is incomplete.
If you take out the 2022 Roadshow part, there’s a big chunk of empty space that feels like there should be another character there. I think they did say that they were going to talk about the poster during the DB Battle Hour event, so maybe they’ll reveal whoever this character is there? (along with a new trailer). Thoughts?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:58 am

Since it seems that this new movie is taking more after the manga, do you think we'll see more of a Dragon Ball Full Color-based look to everything? i.e, yellow Kamehamehas and Galick Guns, orange Death Beams, purple Makankosappos, Super Saiyans with white auras, Super Saiyan God and Blue having more simplified auras (salmon with yellow sparks for God, cerulean for Blue, and a slimmed down Blue Evolution), etc.

Perhaps we'll finally get to see an animated Goku with manga colors!
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:08 pm

A new Cell feels like he would be better off being in his own movie or saga than have him randomly show up in the last act. Having a new Cell with the DNA of Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza, Buu, Moro, and Broly would be a total beast. I doubt Gohan would win on his own against someone that strong.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 pm

Recently, I'm getting more and more convinced that this movie will pretend the DBS manga is part of a whole different franchise.

The character bios has no mention at all of anything post Broly. It mentions the fights with Freeza and Broly, and they didn't fight Freeza last time, so are they talking about RoF? skipping FT arc, ToP, U6 arc? even though the ToP was referenced in DBSBRoly.

I wouldn't be surprised if, going forward, DBS anime and manga never happened and only the movies count.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:24 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 pm Recently, I'm getting more and more convinced that this movie will pretend the DBS manga is part of a whole different franchise.

The character bios has no mention at all of anything post Broly. It mentions the fights with Freeza and Broly, and they didn't fight Freeza last time, so are they talking about RoF? skipping FT arc, ToP, U6 arc? even though the ToP was referenced in DBSBRoly.

I wouldn't be surprised if, going forward, DBS anime and manga never happened and only the movies count.
But for the ToP to happen, both the U6 and FT arcs must also happen.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 pmDBS anime and manga never happened and only the movies count.
This would be greatly appreciated! :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:37 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 pmDBS anime and manga never happened and only the movies count.
This would be greatly appreciated! :thumbup:
That’s only opinions not facts anyways I hope one of the secret characters is Launch

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 pm Recently, I'm getting more and more convinced that this movie will pretend the DBS manga is part of a whole different franchise.

Of course the Anime counts, everyone watched it, there were people literally lining up in the streets to watch it live.

The same cannot be said for the Manga, I've lost count of how many people I've seen who don't know that the story continued after the ToP and Broly arcs.

This is all rather intuitive. It makes no sense to talk about two manga-only arcs that most people haven't watched. Just like it makes no sense to pretend that 3 popular arcs which have already been adapted in videogames... never happened.

Also, by "fight" they probably just meant "confront", and they confronted Frieza in the Broly movie. Frieza invaded Earth to get the Dragon Balls in the Broly movie, he was hostile.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:56 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:23 pm

Of course the Anime counts, everyone watched it, there were people literally lining up in the streets to watch it live.

The same cannot be said for the Manga, I've lost count of how many people I've seen who don't know that the story continued after the ToP and Broly arcs.

This is all rather intuitive. It makes no sense to talk about two manga-only arcs that most people haven't watched. Just like it makes no sense to pretend that 3 popular arcs which have already been adapted in videogames... never happened.

Also, by "fight" they probably just meant "confront", and they confronted Frieza in the Broly movie. Frieza invaded Earth to get the Dragon Balls in the Broly movie, he was hostile.
By everyone? I highly doubt this movie is ignoring the manga especially with the latest chapter of Dragon Ball Super.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:11 pm

The Monkey King wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:24 pm Also Fun Fact: Gamma Gamma = Γ Γ = r r = Red Ribbon
Also sad fact: No, really.
Gamma symbol is way more similar to a truncated F than any R.
And the lowercase of Gamma is γ, not surely a smaller Γ or any resemblance to a 'r'.
The sound 'R' for Red and Ribbon is Rho, the symbol P.
PP.
The one you wrote is the abbreviation for something that sound as GuGu.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:43 pm

This CGI opening they did for Battle Hour looks great. Hoping the movie looks as good as this at least.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:33 am

I definately hope so too, that was really cool looking!!

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:24 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:43 pm This CGI opening they did for Battle Hour looks great. Hoping the movie looks as good as this at least.
If Super Hero’s action scenes look like this then we’re in for a treat. Those models look like they’re taken from DBZ: Kakarot, though.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:33 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:43 pm This CGI opening they did for Battle Hour looks great. Hoping the movie looks as good as this at least.
bruuuuh that is slick as hell
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san