Daman Mills issue

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentMan
Banned

Re: Daman Mills issue

Post by KentMan » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:32 pm

So now some YouTubers are talking about this wondering what everyone thinks of what he’s saying

(opportunistic lying grifter link removed by administrator)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:50 pm

Exactly as predicted, a victim is only a victim if they can spin it to their misogynist, homophobic advantage. Disgusting.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:59 pm

KentMan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:32 pm So now some YouTubers are talking about this wondering what everyone thinks of what he’s saying
I saw the title and the first two seconds of the video and yeeted out. Whoever that person who made that video is is clearly a grifter and I want nothing to do with them.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 pm

There’s another one by (opportunistic lying grifter name removed by administrator) who is also on the Daman Mills case I believe he also covered some dragon ball YouTubers if I remember correctly

(opportunistic lying grifter link removed by administrator)

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:18 pm

Dude please stop giving these chodes attention. These are the exact same people who were involved with the disastrous Vic Mignogna case, and watching them hypocritically try to fashion a world where one guy who explicitly confirms the thing he's in hot water for is truthful while the one they like isn't is just fucking painful.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:08 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:44 pm
Aim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:18 pm
Yuji wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:57 am It's an accusation but if you actually read the article the evidence is very convincing.

He was 19? That's significantly less serious if it was consensual.
There’s quite a difference between a 19 year old and a 15 year old.
We're not talking about a college student going out of his way to stalk and groom high school kids with weed and candy. We're talking about two people meeting online who would qualify for Romeo and Juliet laws in most US states and would pass age of consent laws in most European countries. My partner and I met at the same ages and we've been together for 6 years.

This is irrelevant because he's a creep, however.
I don’t think it matters how they met, where they met, and if they qualify for the US’ weird age of consent laws.

This isn’t even taking to account the age they would be turning this year or at the time. Ie, would he have just turns 19 or is he going on 20? Would she have just turned 15 or is she going on 16? These all make a difference.

Also, if you and your partner met at the same age then that’s different to one person being 19 and another person being 15, with obvious implications here. I remember being 15, no 15 year old should be in a relationship with someone who is close to or even 20. There is a power and age difference there that makes it dangerous.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:10 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:45 pm Why do these sexual harassment threads always go out of topic so fast, like STFU
Aim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:22 pm
Shaddy wrote: Image

Well, I guess I retract my post from saturday saying I'd keep him if the cast were replaced.

The person accusing him is a man, so I guess this will be a test for the culture war chodes. Do they care more about defending sexual assault, or blaming it on gays?

My only hope is that Sony/Funimation/Crunchyroll/whoever takes the correct action and dumps the guy as soon as possible.
Chuds don’t think age of consent should even be a thing, they are probably hella fine with this.
Uhhhh it’s actually EPHEBOPHILIA, not pedophilia, okay? Totally different. /s
Lol so true. “WELL ACTUALLY, MEN ARE JUST NATURALLY ATTRACTED TO YOUTH, AND WOMEN LIKE OLDER MEN WHICH IS WHY I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SLEEP WITH 15 YEAR OLDS “

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 pm

Duncan outright claimed he did not consent to the Mills' behavior. That's the end of it.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:18 am

Shaddy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:18 pm Dude please stop giving these chodes attention. These are the exact same people who were involved with the disastrous Vic Mignogna case, and watching them hypocritically try to fashion a world where one guy who explicitly confirms the thing he's in hot water for is truthful while the one they like isn't is just fucking painful.
For a second there I thought my post was possessed until I saw the admin part. I will say this just once and not go into detail but I understand how Daman Mills victim feels. Albeit the situations were a bit different and in my case it was someone I knew.

Edit: I was kinda hoping you guys ya know might one day consider making peace with them if your willing. To be honest I can’t stand the fighting between everyone here or even there. My heart saddens when I see everyone at each other’s throats.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:49 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 pm Duncan outright claimed he did not consent to the Mills' behavior. That's the end of it.
It would have been best for Duncan to tell someone but i understand his feelings.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:00 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:18 am Edit: I was kinda hoping you guys ya know might one day consider making peace with them if your willing. To be honest I can’t stand the fighting between everyone here or even there. My heart saddens when I see everyone at each other’s throats.
What you need to understand is that there are a lot of important, fundamental differences between the camps here. It's easy to say we should "make peace" without necessarily understanding what that means.

Obviously I don't get to represent everyone of Kanzenshuu, but between the cleanup of the userbase during the Vic drama and the catastrophic lawsuit itself, our forum is pretty populated with people who are largely likely to believe accusations of sexual assault towards anime dub actors.

The thing about the culture war bros is not just that they're less likely to believe (although it is definitely that), but that they view any accusation first in terms of who it's against and how it will effect that person and them as fans.

Mills being a gay man, and one who had spoken against Mignogna when he was accused, means he is written off to them. He is guilty to them first because of what it would say to them about their opposition, and second because of whatever evidence there is. Vic, on the other hand, is someone they didn't want to be guilty. It's not just because he was a straight white christian and they need to pretend that's a demographic under attack, but also because the women accusing him being right would present a load of implications about the world (and their own behavior for a lot of them) that they could not deal with.

So they fabricate a conspiracy, where apparently upwards of a hundred women colluded in secret to spread vague allegations against the guy for a decade. And now, because Daman Mills said sexual harassment was bad once, that therefore not only makes him a representative of every single person who said Vic was bad, but it also means that we apparently think Mills innocent, even though I have not seen one person say that across every single stupid thread I've looked at about this for the past 24 hours. But that doesn't stop them from saying it's what we believe, because the culture war, pushing the idea that we're okay with sexual assault as long as it's not their guy, is more important.

Like, for real. It is not a small contingent of these culture war bros that think there is some secret SJW goblin cabal making up stories to oppress the white christian race, while encouraging "the gays" to assault children, because you literally have to believe in that for Vic to be innocent and Mills to be guilty.

How do you "make peace" between us and that? I mean, let's pretend that not a single one of them acts overtly racist, homophobic, misogynistic, or transphobic on a day-to-day basis outside of this (which, to be clear, they definitely do). Does that really just make the conspiracy cult a normal, acceptable belief? I don't think so. If someone is far enough gone to believe that, how would you convince them that the world is so simple that two guys both assaulted people, and we have no trouble saying they're both bad?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:27 am

Adamant wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:03 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:53 pm Well just like you didn't know who Mills was I had no idea there were English speaking Dragonball fans that had zero to due with the English speaking product.
You've been on THIS forum since 2012 and you've never heard that there are people in the world that know English but don't watch shitty English dubs? I'm... honestly kinda curious how you managed that.
miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:53 pmI've heard of sub only fans but you don't play the games either.
Yeah, I'm one of those crusty old grandpas that think video games died about twenty years ago. Last Dragonball game I played was Tenkaichi Daiboken, I think (and that one didn't exactly ooze of quality).

Surely they still speak Japanese in the games though.
You cut my post in half and made the meaning completely different.

quote=JulieYBM post_id=1734855 time=1646881860 user_id=996]
Duncan outright claimed he did not consent to the Mills' behavior. That's the end of it.
[/quote]

While I believe the victim the majority of the time saying that's the end of it is a dangerous slope.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:56 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:27 am You cut my post in half and made the meaning completely different.
In that case I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say, but I rather doubt you're forced to listen to shitty English acting just because you're playing Dragonball video games, so they're not "English speaking products".
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:00 am
KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:18 am Edit: I was kinda hoping you guys ya know might one day consider making peace with them if your willing. To be honest I can’t stand the fighting between everyone here or even there. My heart saddens when I see everyone at each other’s throats.
What you need to understand is that there are a lot of important, fundamental differences between the camps here. It's easy to say we should "make peace" without necessarily understanding what that means.

Obviously I don't get to represent everyone of Kanzenshuu, but between the cleanup of the userbase during the Vic drama and the catastrophic lawsuit itself, our forum is pretty populated with people who are largely likely to believe accusations of sexual assault towards anime dub actors.

The thing about the culture war bros is not just that they're less likely to believe (although it is definitely that), but that they view any accusation first in terms of who it's against and how it will effect that person and them as fans.

Mills being a gay man, and one who had spoken against Mignogna when he was accused, means he is written off to them. He is guilty to them first because of what it would say to them about their opposition, and second because of whatever evidence there is. Vic, on the other hand, is someone they didn't want to be guilty. It's not just because he was a straight white christian and they need to pretend that's a demographic under attack, but also because the women accusing him being right would present a load of implications about the world (and their own behavior for a lot of them) that they could not deal with.

So they fabricate a conspiracy, where apparently upwards of a hundred women colluded in secret to spread vague allegations against the guy for a decade. And now, because Daman Mills said sexual harassment was bad once, that therefore not only makes him a representative of every single person who said Vic was bad, but it also means that we apparently think Mills innocent, even though I have not seen one person say that across every single stupid thread I've looked at about this for the past 24 hours. But that doesn't stop them from saying it's what we believe, because the culture war, pushing the idea that we're okay with sexual assault as long as it's not their guy, is more important.

Like, for real. It is not a small contingent of these culture war bros that think there is some secret SJW goblin cabal making up stories to oppress the white christian race, while encouraging "the gays" to assault children, because you literally have to believe in that for Vic to be innocent and Mills to be guilty.

How do you "make peace" between us and that? I mean, let's pretend that not a single one of them acts overtly racist, homophobic, misogynistic, or transphobic on a day-to-day basis outside of this (which, to be clear, they definitely do). Does that really just make the conspiracy cult a normal, acceptable belief? I don't think so. If someone is far enough gone to believe that, how would you convince them that the world is so simple that two guys both assaulted people, and we have no trouble saying they're both bad?
Funny you ask that and my friend is talking to the “culture war bros” as you call them. And trying to see if there’s any way to resolve this. Hmm have you ever considered those that are neutral to all this? How do you feel about neutral individuals that don’t condemn Vic Monica Daman and even those that support or kick if you know what I mean? Like literally not caring what either of them have done said believe etc?

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:44 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 am Funny you ask that and my friend is talking to the “culture war bros” as you call them. And trying to see if there’s any way to resolve this.
Okay, and what's their answer? There has to actually be a conclusion both sides can agree on. What is the "rational middle ground" between thinking Vic is guilty of the things he said he did, and thinking there's a secret cult designed to slander him for being a straight white christian man?
KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 amHmm have you ever considered those that are neutral to all this? How do you feel about neutral individuals that don’t condemn Vic Monica Daman and even those that support or kick if you know what I mean?
You're making a false equivalence between the two predators (probably, in Mills's case) and one of the women who spoke out against sexual harassment in the workplace. That's not "neutral" in the slightest.
KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 am Like literally not caring what either of them have done said believe etc?
I don't want someone who doesn't care about the assaults these men committed (probably in Mills's case, again) on my side. They're obviously not going to help in the fight against the thing they don't care about, so why would I bother appealing to ambivalence?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:05 am

Aim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:08 pm
Aim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:18 pm
There’s quite a difference between a 19 year old and a 15 year old.
We're not talking about a college student going out of his way to stalk and groom high school kids with weed and candy. We're talking about two people meeting online who would qualify for Romeo and Juliet laws in most US states and would pass age of consent laws in most European countries. My partner and I met at the same ages and we've been together for 6 years.

I don’t think it matters how they met, where they met, and if they qualify for the US’ weird age of consent laws.

This isn’t even taking to account the age they would be turning this year or at the time. Ie, would he have just turns 19 or is he going on 20? Would she have just turned 15 or is she going on 16? These all make a difference.

Also, if you and your partner met at the same age then that’s different to one person being 19 and another person being 15, with obvious implications here. I remember being 15, no 15 year old should be in a relationship with someone who is close to or even 20. There is a power and age difference there that makes it dangerous.
I meant we met at the same ages, 19 and 15. It's not that big of a deal.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:13 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:44 am
KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 am Funny you ask that and my friend is talking to the “culture war bros” as you call them. And trying to see if there’s any way to resolve this.
Okay, and what's their answer? There has to actually be a conclusion both sides can agree on. What is the "rational middle ground" between thinking Vic is guilty of the things he said he did, and thinking there's a secret cult designed to slander him for being a straight white christian man?
KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 amHmm have you ever considered those that are neutral to all this? How do you feel about neutral individuals that don’t condemn Vic Monica Daman and even those that support or kick if you know what I mean?
You're making a false equivalence between the two predators (probably, in Mills's case) and one of the women who spoke out against sexual harassment in the workplace. That's not "neutral" in the slightest.
KentMan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 am Like literally not caring what either of them have done said believe etc?
I don't want someone who doesn't care about the assaults these men committed (probably in Mills's case, again) on my side. They're obviously not going to help in the fight against the thing they don't care about, so why would I bother appealing to ambivalence?
I mean fans that don’t want to get involved in this and are staying neutral because they don’t know and can’t decide on the Vic situation.

Oh yes they’re still talking to Mr C and according to him they’re saying and still believing that Vic is innocent and Damon Mills is a word that I ain’t gonna type.

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:23 am

Dude just straight out dipped outta his social media, despite tweeting daily before. This is definitely shady now.
Or maybe he's trying to write a "it's not like that" lengthy excuse and publish it all at once.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:36 am

Yuji wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:05 am

… Nah it’s actually not okay. Just because my parents met when my mom was 16 and my dad 22 doesn’t make it right, just because something supposedly worked out well, doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal. Don’t know your story, but I wouldn’t be telling 19 year olds it’s okay to date 15 year olds. Regardless of what anyone thinks it’s a difference that makes a big difference.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:58 am

Aim wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:36 am
Yuji wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:05 am

… Nah it’s actually not okay. Just because my parents met when my mom was 16 and my dad 22 doesn’t make it right, just because something supposedly worked out well, doesn’t mean it’s not a big deal. Don’t know your story, but I wouldn’t be telling 19 year olds it’s okay to date 15 year olds. Regardless of what anyone thinks it’s a difference that makes a big difference.
So you have first-hand experience of it working out within your own family and you're still disregarding context because of some axiomatic truth. Like I said, two people meeting organically isn't the same as grooming.